• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Surely, surely it is unfathomable that we dont make any more purchases, even if they are all defenders.

Hixx

Altidore-with-ball.jpg

"Why didn't I pick Basketball??"

Cattermole-smile.jpg

"Yeah mate, why didn't you?"

van-Aanholt.jpg

"You racist cunt"

Wouldn't believe a thing Duncan Castles says tbh.

Wat

He's been getting things right all over the place this summer, I don't think there are many people who have been as right as he has.

When it comes to Chelsea stuff Rob Beasley is the number 1 (because he gets it right from Jose himself, I bet) but Duncan is up there

Everything you said could easily go the other way.

Think people are writing off United and it's going to come back to bite them.

United will beat up on all the teams outside of the top 6, and as we have shown, that is enough to be near the top.

How much will not having to play so many fixtures help? No CL and no Europa means fresher legs?

LTWheels

In the period between manager Brendan Rodgers convincing Remy to choose the club over other Champions League suitors and those final negotiations in Boston, Liverpool had seen a relatively lucrative agreement to sell Fabio Borini to Sunderland fall through when their unwanted Italy forward refused to switch clubs. Remy's camp believes the unexpected failure to move Borini out of Anfield was connected to Liverpool's attempt to reduce the value of the Frenchman's deal

Of course Remy's camp aren't going to admit it was down to a problem in the medical, as if they admit/acknowledge that Remy has a medical condition, it will make him less attractive to any other clubs, especially at the extremely high wages he is demanding. Would mean that his advisers would get a smaller cut. They are looking out for themselves by stating this.

Also £110k a week for 5 years...he can fuck right off with that demand.

Barzul

Of course Remy's camp aren't going to admit it was down to a problem in the medical, as if they admit/acknowledge that Remy has a medical condition, it will make him less attractive to any other clubs, especially at the extremely high wages he is demanding. Would mean that his advisers would get a smaller cut. They are looking out for themselves by stating this.

Also £110k a week for 5 years...he can fuck right off with that demand.

It wasn't about the medical. He has passed medicals at 3 other clubs plus has been a consistent performer at the international level. I believe it was about the wages and rightly so. Remy shouldn't be getting 110k anywhere. If QPR is the height of his ambition, he can rot there.

Arnie

Waiting in Papa Johns and I can't believe Arsenal let Schneiderlin go to Spurs. Madness.

The lad's class.

What's the rumoured fee?

LTWheels

It wasn't about the medical. He has passed medicals at 3 other clubs plus has been a consistent performer at the international level. I believe it was about the wages and rightly so. Remy shouldn't be getting 110k anywhere. If QPR is the height of his ambition, he can rot there.

There was talk about him having a previous heart condition in his other medicals.

Liverpool have had a history of signing a player with heart problems and it going wrong - Doni. Maybe they don't want a potential repeat of that especially with the length of Remy's contract and wages.

Anyhow, wouldn't personal terms already be agreed on before the medical. What's the point of flying him all the way out to Boston for the medical if we knew that we were not going to meet his wages demands. Shouldn't that have been sorted beforehand?

Arnie

Also this Remy news appeases me for two reasons:

a) I'm glad we aren't paying him that ludicrous wage

and

b) I was right that it had fuck all to do with his heart (despite what the Red Issue reliably informed the goobers)

#angry

Clegg

Wasn't we interested in him when he was at Palace? I'm sure we was.

We should get Cuadrado though, his scout nation video is brilliant.
We were def linked with Clyne before he signed for Southampton. Cuadrado would be perfect but we're not signing anyone else this summer.

Danchi

The reason Arsenal's deal with Remy fell through was reportedly due to the £100k p/w wages as well. It's wishful thinking, but hopefully he lower his demands after he realises he couldn't be better elsewhere.

Don't you have personal terms sorted before the medical though? Sounds more like his agent trying to dampen the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom