• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

My anger preceded Horse.

I've always enjoyed an argument, that you should know.

And I eat fast good fairly regularly but maintain an okay build. I do run quite frequently. One day I'll have to amend my diet/garbage ratio.

Stubo

seriously southampton must be sitting on a fucking massive war chest right now
ZT8Dw73.png

(The title isn't my fault)

GQman2121

Banned
So Schneiderlin and Jay Rodriguez are in talks with Spurs, and someone might be in for Clyne? Has a side ever been picked apart like this before in one summer?

Hixx

Looks like Christian Rodriguez to Sunderland should be done in next 24 hours. £5.5m. Him and van Aanholt down the left = pace for DAYS which we hugely lacked last season. Still need a quality CM, CB and maybe someone to replace Colback's versatility but like, be substantially better than he was.

Cappa

Banned
did Bla finally get banned? hahaha

Atletico de Madrid have quietly built a solid team..... Griezmann, Mandzukic, Ansaldi, Siqueira...

Cappa

Banned
So Schneiderlin and Jay Rodriguez are in talks with Spurs, and someone might be in for Clyne? Has a side ever been picked apart like this before in one summer?

Atletico de Madrid.... multiple years. Valencia, Sevilla. It happens alot in the Spanish league especially in recent seasons due to the economic crisis.

Cappa

Banned
2 players bought from Atletico. That's hardly what is going on with Southampton at the moment, I mean Liverpool alone has signed 3 or 4 already, while every other top 7 team seems to have bought or will buy from them. :lol

but it's still a dismantling of a team and more than two players were bought Diego Costa, Diego, Filipe Luis, Adrian all bought, Courtois, David Villa, Jose Sosa, all out

but it's still a dismantling of a team and more than two players were bought Diego Costa, Diego, Filipe Luis, Adrian all bought, Courtois, David Villa, Jose Sosa, all out

I was talking about Chelsea doing the same, which they hardly have alone.

And uhm, Adrian is a bit shit isn't he? Getting 11 mil for him should be celebrated, Courtois was a loan deal, that's completely their fault, of course Courtois has been amazing for them so can't blame them for picking that option, but that was never going to last forever. Diego contract was up too wasn't it? David Villa was old as fuck and didn't have a future there and and wasn't Sosa just a small loan deal too? Dismantling a team from not letting them keep loaning the player is hardly dismantling them, they were only there as hotfixes.

slider

Don't worry Gooners. We'll see Jenks develop into the player you hoped he'd be. Then sell him back for six mil. If anyone can do it, Sam can.

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 2m
West Ham are set to win the race to sign Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson on loan. #AFC #WHUFC

Sky reporting it too looks like a loan deal. Jenkinson will come back stronger. Big Sam will also finally teach him how to head the ball properly.

Cappa

Banned
I was talking about Chelsea doing the same, which they hardly have alone.

And uhm, Adrian is a bit shit isn't he? Getting 11 mil for him should be celebrated, Courtois was a loan deal, that's completely their fault, of course Courtois has been amazing for them so can't blame them for picking that option, but that was never going to last forever. Diego contract was up too wasn't it? David Villa was old as fuck and didn't have a future there and and wasn't Sosa just a small loan deal too? Dismantling a team from not letting them keep loaning the player is hardly dismantling them, they were only there as hotfixes.

yeah I guess I see your point but Adrian did have some big games for Atletico especially when Costa was out for a few games. I think he's underrated I think they got a steal at 11million euros but he was actually a key piece to the team last season. Sosa sucked and David villa played a ton of minutes last season so he was still a key player in that sense.

I think Valencia lost Villa, Mata, and David Silva all in the same season one year? Or perhaps in two seasons I forget.

Clegg

Apparently this was on SSN. Anyone seen this?

LvG: "I won't buy players for the sake of buying players. I want special players to improve our team".

LvG: "I won't buy players for the sake of buying players. I want special players to improve our team".

To be more serious, that makes sense. But I mean, he has to see that we need a DM...and the DMs available will improve our team. Our options are/were:
De Jong
Vidal
Pogba
Schneiderlin
Khedira

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

There is no value in the market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom