• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
if Theo was ever going to get a chance to be the second coming of Henry, it would have happened three or four years ago. Wenger played Gervinho ahead of him. it's never happening lol

it's too bad, he can definitely do a job there—better than Giroud anyways

Clegg

Well def sounds like Gahl's started to choose who is leaving. Saddens me that Young and Cleverley appear not to be among them atm.

Edit: Really?
Zaha and Nani going would mean we're probably on the lookout for a new winger. Poor Kagawa never really settled. Thought he was beginning to show some form near the end of Fergie's last season, but when Moyes took over its clear that he didn't rate him. Then we bought a better player in Mata.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Zaha and Nani going would mean we're probably on the lookout for a new winger. Poor Kagawa never really settled. Thought he was beginning to show some form near the end of Fergie's last season, but when Moyes took over its clear that he didn't rate him. Then we bought a better player in Mata.

Strange he calls him his top 3 passer of the ball and would off him, considering those who are apparently going to stay. Maybe he wants more first team football.

omgkitty

if Theo was ever going to get a chance to be the second coming of Henry, it would have happened three or four years ago. Wenger played Gervinho ahead of him. it's never happening lol

it's too bad, he can definitely do a job there—better than Giroud anyways

Walcott is better out wide regardless. No reason to push him up top unless we're desperate.

With this news of departures it makes me more sure than ever we've got some players sorted to replace them.

:lol

Mate, it's more hilarious your repeated posting of that Cesc gif like anyone cares.

The Cesc gif is great.

But now that you've found my weaknesseses, I must hide
tumblr_n131nfCzZG1rhs8mlo2_250.gif

I'm posting random stuff because I didn't really get what you were trying to so.

Nicktendo86

Why the fuck do utd have to brief the media like this though? These players might not even know they are being shipped, it is so disrespectful. I swear idiots are running this club.

Clegg

With this news of departures it makes me more sure than ever we've got some players sorted to replace them.
Agreed. If Fellaini and Ando go too then we have to be looking at another cm. We'd only have three fit midfielders left.

We know LvG wants to cut the squad size to around 20 players tho. But there's no way he'll sell all these players without bringing in some new ones.

Salvadora

I'm posting random stuff because I didn't really get what you were trying to so.
What?

I'm saying that it's hilarious that you call me out for "trying so hard" when you keep repeatedly posting that Cesc gif like anyone cares. Apparently, your weakness is reading comprehension.

Serie A GAF

Cesena on the first week should be interesting. There's also Roma - Fiore which will be nice. Milan the second week, easy victory there

#BasedInzaghi.

Vidal me if old.

Mobile users RIP

EDIT: I take too long to post.

Week 3 OH BABY MAX IS COMING HOME

omgkitty

Di Marzio says we are "seriously interested" in Costa.

That signing would literally make 0 sense.

Rosicky is 33 and pretty much our backup for Ozil currently. If we can get Costa on a loan deal, I don't see why not? He can play out wide and through the middle. If we sign him I'd see it as Wenger getting a bargain at the right time. Maybe we don't need him, but if he's available for less than what we value him at, it could be a good gamble.

If we sign Douglas Costa maybe Theo gets more games up front. He's been looking stronger in his photos. Hopefully he's working on his hold up play.

Clegg

Vidic, Rio, Evra, Buttner and Bebe are the confirmed departures. Fellaini, Ando, Shinji and Zaha are now thought to be on shaky ground. Massive turnover of players.

What?

I'm saying that it's hilarious that you call me out for "trying so hard" when you keep repeatedly posting that Cesc gif like anyone cares. Apparently, your weakness is reading comprehension.

Mate, it's more hilarious your repeated posting of that Cesc gif like anyone cares.

Mate, it's more hilarious that you repeatedly post that Cesc gif like anyone cares.

Mate, your repeated posting of that Cesc gif is more hilarious.

Mate, your repeated posting of that Cesc cares gif is hilarious.

Lightning

Banned
Lol. Arsenal fans still waste their time with milch? That was so last year...

Luckily I have the twit on ignore and gifs disabled so that neither can irritate me.

kharma45

Vidic, Rio, Evra, Buttner and Bebe are the confirmed departures. Fellaini, Ando, Shinji and Zaha are now thought to be on shaky ground. Massive turnover of players.

It's a pity it couldn't have been more gradual.

Vidic and Evra ideally could've stayed another year.

Anderson, much as I like him, should've been one a season or two ago.

do you even like mate?

Don't know if I would like that vodka. I actually don't like mangos that much, it's only because I'm far from home and the last time I ate one was like 5 years ago.

Mate? How did you get to mate lol? Anyway, I quite like the German hipster Club Mate drink but I doubt it has much/anything to do with real mate.

I'll tell you a secret, I don't actually drink that vodka right now. It's most likely disgusting as hell :lol

I'd like to think all that karma is building up until next summer when we sign Reus.

Haha, don't do this to me :lol

D_prOdigy

Sad if Kagawa leaves, but it's just one of those things. He'll join the school of gifted players who just didn't quite make it in view of circumstance: Kagawa, Veron, Forlan, Eagles.

It's crazy how much traction Wayne Veysey gets while being wholly unreliable. Like, I'm almost impressed how he can make up stories every week yet people still take his next one as gospel.

Can somebody explain to me why players from a mid-table Premier League team are so coveted?

At least Bayer Leverkusen made it to the CL Finals before the big clubs gutted them.

Elchele

Mate? How did you get to mate lol? Anyway, I quite like the German hipster Club Mate drink but I doubt it has much/anything to do with real mate.

I'll tell you a secret, I don't actually drink that vodka right now. It's most likely disgusting as hell :lol

everyone drinks mate in Argentina. For breakfast, for a snack later in the day, etc. I don't get it. It tastes like shit.

Can somebody explain to me why players from a mid-table Premier League team is so coveted?

At least Bayer Leverkusen made it to the CL Finals before the big clubs gutted them.

Experienced PL players are always a plus. And they are pretty good.

Only reason people are raising eyebrows is this would generally happen over 3-4 seasons this time it's happened over 1 month.

D_prOdigy

Can somebody explain to me why players from a mid-table Premier League team are so coveted?

Well you have to understand that even mid-table EPL teams operate on a higher level than their German/Spanish champion counterparts, such is the strength and greatness of the league.

jtb

Banned

The spine of the team is (was?) pretty young. And they're mostly British, so there's a heavy mark-up. There will be a few of these players that definitely disappoint though. The values of these players will never be higher.

There was no rush to dismantle the Newcastle team that finished 5th a few years ago. After just half a season in the Europa League, their values all plummeted back to Earth and eventually Cabaye, Ba went for pretty small fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom