• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Telegraph:

With Saints short of players, Spurs could offer a number of their unwanted men as part of deals for Schneiderlin and Rodriguez.

Defenders Michael Dawson and Kyle Naughton, winger Nacer Chadli and midfielder Étienne Capoue are all free to leave White Hart Lane this summer.

I'd be perfectly fine with all those players leaving. Come on Soton, take Dawson. Please.

wedward

When is Levy going to be fired?

EDIT - Di Marzio: "Arturo Vidal's agent Fernando Felicevich may also present Juventus an offer but it must be over €35-40m.""

Clegg

LvG is complaining about the squad agaun. Too many players who play in the same position. Nothing really new apart from implying that he doesn't see Fellaini as a central midfielder.

My conscience is, for example, to say to you that I think Baker, Brown, Solanke, if in a few years they are not national team players, I should blame myself. They are part of a process the club started without me. Now, we have players who will be Chelsea players. And when they become Chelsea players, they will become England players, almost for sure. I’m not saying we’re doing it just for English football, because it is also about us.

Chelsea is seen as a ‘graveyard’ for young talent. But at the moment, officially in the first-team squad, we have Andreas Christiansen, Nathan Ake, probably Baker, because I want to have one more English player. So we are going to have in the first-team squad three players coming from the academy.

Mourinho gets it, the future is bright!

Carvalho just seems like such a risk.

Surely another club would have signed him by now if he was going to be the next big thing.

We have shown that we are not willing to sell it for less than 40 + M€ and not many clubs are willing to risk that amount of money on a player who had one great season. Also must clubs were waiting to see him on the World Cup but Paulo Bento is obsessed with Miguel Veloso.

NeNm4Ns.jpg

Goddamn, I was so right.

3Sixty

LvG is complaining about the squad now. Too many players who play in the same position. He also implied that he doesn't see Fellaini as a central midfielder.

LvG's rapid rise followed by dramatic crash will hopefully distract the world from Southampton.

Scum

There was a time when I really wanted Dembele at Chelsea. That time has past.

It's not past. He can replace Ramires after he leaves for R. Madrid.

Can we have Sandro instead? We will give you Cleverley Nani or Anderson. Your choice.

Pappe, pls. No Felliani? For shame. 😒

Telegraph:

I'd be perfectly fine with all those players leaving. Come on Soton, take Dawson. Please.

How could you wish that on 3Sixty? :c

When is Levy going to be fired?

When the fans revolt and make his position untenable. Which I don't see happening at the moment, and even then his ego is so inflated it will take a while.

Results wise they're not doing terribly so he has plenty of time left as it stands, unless MoPo is a huuuge bomb, which I doubt

Salvadora

We have shown that we are not willing to sell it for less than 40 + M€ and not many clubs are willing to risk that amount of money on a player who had one great season. Also must clubs were waiting to see him on the World Cup but Paulo Bento is obsessed with Miguel Veloso.
Ah, I see.

Just feels like the big clubs have been sniffing around him forever and haven't taken a bite, for whatever reason. Khedira and Schneiderlin are known quantities, Carvalho not so much. The prices being quoted are pretty insane too.

Would like the new Lamba's view on it.

Scum

How's Veloso getting on these days? He was always a favourite on FM for me.

Ah, I see.

Just feels like the big clubs have been sniffing around him forever and haven't taken a bite, for whatever reason. Khedira and Schneiderlin are known quantities, Carvalho not so much. The prices being quoted are pretty insane too.

Would like the new Lamba's view on it.

Lamba giving a unbiased report on a Sporting player? Will it come out on the same Blu-Ray as The Last Guardian as an extra?

Mourinho gets it, the future is bright!

Nah m8. #falseprophet #joseout

I like what I'm here from him regarding our younger players.

Looking at how the squad is now I think we're in a good position for next season

Courtois
Azpili JT Cahill Luis
Cesc Matic
Willy/Schurrle Oscar Hazard
Costa

Boom. And that leaves out: Ivanovic, Cech, Zouma, Ramires, Salah, Drogba, Torres, Schwarze, Romeu, MvG then the 3 youngsters: Ake, Baker and Christensen.

Incredible team.

Lukaku, Moses, Marin, Bertrand and Mikel to be sold, Torres too if we can get a suitor.

Looking at how the squad is now I think we're in a good position for next season

Courtois
Azpili JT Cahill Luis
Cesc Matic
Costa

Boom. And that leaves out: Ivanovic, Cech, Zouma, Ramires, Salah, Drogba, Torres, Schwarze, Romeu, MvG then the 3 youngsters: Ake, Baker and Christensen.

Incredible team.

Scary team :(

Between you and City for the title next season imo.

Courtois
Azpili JT Cahill Luis
Cesc Matic
Costa

Incredible team.

Lukaku, Moses, Marin, Bertrand and Mikel to be sold, Torres too if we can get a suitor.

I would still like Lukaku to stay and Torres to go but that looks so unlikely :/

Scary team :(

Between you and City for the title next season imo.

This assumes we don't sign anyone else either. We're being linked with Varane and Khedira... less so the latter in recent days though

I would still like Lukaku to stay and Torres to go but that looks so unlikely :/

Me too, but realistically the people that are usually on the money for us say Wolfsburg is as good as done. It will be a big shame but he made his grave :(

Courtois
Azpili JT Cahill Luis
Cesc Matic
Costa

Incredible team.

Think you could do with some more/better midfield backups. Willian/Schürrle and Ramires are good but I don't think the rest is good enough. If there's a longer injury for one of the starters, you might get in trouble.

But maybe that's just me being afraid of injuries after our last season :lol

He's a family man these days who only gives transfer updates.

Bias is beneath him.

Oh, I see.

To be fair, I wouldn´t recommend Big Willy to any team right now. He came back from vacation a bit on the heavy side. I´m interested to see if he can keep the performance level he showed last season, especially with us being in the Champions League again. At this moment, Oriol Rosell is the best choice for DM but Carvalho has been on training for less than a week.

Showaddy

Damn, they are screwed.

I dunno he's done a lot of good for Spurs over the years, his push for the very top in recent years hasn't gone well though that's for sure. Still got decent team at the moment, decent manager (please God don't sack him by Christmas) and new Stadium on the way so it's not all bad.

Think you could do with some more/better midfield backups. Willian/Schürrle and Ramires are good but I don't think the rest is good enough. If there's a longer injury for one of the starters, you might get in trouble.

But maybe that's just me being afraid of injuries after our last season :lol

Im willing to give Romeu a try as a back-up in central midfield, I thought he had a big chance under Rafa to kick on and cement his place which he won under AVB but then he did his ACL and was loaned to Valencia last year. MvG had a similar injury last season but again I'd be willing to try him.

I think the issue we have now is that we have too many "foreign" players and need to sell before we can bring someone in... hopefully we can do that. Talk of Cech going if we can't sell Torres for that reason :/

3Sixty

Didn't realise there was a BDSM thread in the OT.

Might go post pics of Lambert, Lallana, Shaw, Chambers, Lovren, JRod and Schneiderlin in Saints shirts.

wedward

I think I am really done with video games for good.

Loved Uncharted 2. Started Uncharted 3. Just got to some castle. Really not having any fun. Stopped in the middle of GTAV and quit after getting about 3/4 of the way through TLOU.

When is Half-Life 3 coming out?

bud

uc3 is easily the worst game in the series. it has some decent set pieces here and there, but it feels like an interactive movie most of the time. sort of like mgs4.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Two of those players still have something to offer.

Sure, Chadli and Capoue can easily be useful but selling them is not going to hurt us. Neither of them have done anything for us so far. If we sold them and brought in JRod and Scheiderlin then that's an upgrade and MoPo wouldn't have to educate them on his system.

wedward

uc3 is easily the worst game in the series. it has some decent set pieces here and there, but it feels like an interactive movie most of the time. sort of like mgs4.

The first 6 chapters were absolute shit. Story, gameplay, everything.

The chateau was obnoxious also. Run ten feet, cutscene where Drake is falling and almost slips, play for 5 seconds, cutscene....

L1NETT

I think I am really done with video games for good.

Loved Uncharted 2. Started Uncharted 3. Just got to some castle. Really not having any fun. Stopped in the middle of GTAV and quit after getting about 3/4 of the way through TLOU.

When is Half-Life 3 coming out?

Play some different games m8.

GTAV's story is more boring than the Vidal transfer saga

Get through TLOU, I did find the last part of it a bit grating but crack through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom