• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
itJeBqW5xaZpu.gif

That live stage version of Last of Us is pretty dumb. It would be a good move for a another company to try that sort of thing as a publicity joke, something like Saints Row live on stage would be amazing.

That live stage version of Last of Us is pretty dumb. It would be a good move for a another company to try that sort of thing as a publicity joke, something like Saints Row live on stage would be amazing.

I remember when Last of Us was just a PS3 game. Now its getting a movie, a stage version, a comic and a PS4 version :lol

Also, not too bothered about Reus and the recent "news" from Bild. Reus rejected an offer a few days after losing in the DFB cup final and a few weeks before the WC? Yeah, what a surprise :lol

I'm not all that optimistic that he'll stay but even if he wants to stay, there just isn't a reason to sign a new contract now. He's already our top earner with Hummels, without breaking our wage structure or pissing Hummels off, we can offer Reus €7m a year, maybe 8m. So, he wouldn't really earn that much more, different to the Kagawa/Lewandowski situations where both were on low paid contracts and it was obvious they want to leave.

Reus can wait and look how our new signings do and decide if he wants to continue with us or not. If he wanted to continue, he'd missed out on less than €1m, assuming the release clause must/can be activated in January. A pretty reasonable amount to insure himself against our new signings being shit and BVB doing bad in all competitions. If he wanted to leave, he'd get easily paid for it, anyway.

Get French Football @GFN_France

L'Equipe: West Ham United and QPR have both made concrete offers for Mathieu Valbuena, they claim. #OM #WHUFC #QPR

Listening through the Idle Thumbs archive, they used to be so much funnier and less self-serious than they are now :s

Also listened to an episode of Hardcore History, gonna carry on with that one

Reina didn't drop a catch last season apparently. Quite a remarkable stat considering the number of times he does it per game, and the ease with which Napoli allow crosses into the box

Looking forward to the City game. I'd go first 11 minus Sturridge

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Last of us is one of those games I just dont get, prettiness has never been a thing that interestst me and the story, which I watched someone play on Twitch, was just meh, didnt care. Played the actual game for half hour and it was just didnt do anything new for me.

FootballFan

Meh, wasn't bowled over by the last of us at all. Repetitive.

Yeah unfortunately some didn't enjoy it.

Kinda how I felt, with Mario 3D World, which was great, until it kept going. And going. Until "You finished the game" - wait 1 more world m8.

Finish that world then...

*another world grows out of Mario's ass*

Finished that one then another one.

*hold power button on WiiU*

InBefore Have you never played a Mario game before?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Reading some articles comparing our current CMs to Schneiderlin and Paulinho's shitness is blowing my mind. Dembele was dribbled past just 6 times in 28 games. Paulinho played 30 games and was dribbled past 27 times!

GorillaJu

Listening through the Idle Thumbs archive, they used to be so much funnier and less self-serious than they are now :s

Also listened to an episode of Hardcore History, gonna carry on with that one

They used to not be crowd-funded. Look at the people who listen to them and that should give you an idea as to what expectations they probably feel they have to live up to.

Pennywise

Also, not too bothered about Reus and the recent "news" from Bild. Reus rejected an offer a few days after losing in the DFB cup final and a few weeks before the WC? Yeah, what a surprise :lol

I'm not all that optimistic that he'll stay but even if he wants to stay, there just isn't a reason to sign a new contract now. He's already our top earner with Hummels, without breaking our wage structure or pissing Hummels off, we can offer Reus €7m a year, maybe 8m. So, he wouldn't really earn that much more, different to the Kagawa/Lewandowski situations where both were on low paid contracts and it was obvious they want to leave.

Reus can wait and look how our new signings do and decide if he wants to continue with us or not. If he wanted to continue, he'd missed out on less than €1m, assuming the release clause must/can be activated in January. A pretty reasonable amount to insure himself against our new signings being shit and BVB doing bad in all competitions. If he wanted to leave, he'd get easily paid for it, anyway.

According to the independent and manchester evening, Shinjury can leave D:

Go for it Zorc !

Loan plus buyout option !

They used to not be crowd-funded. Look at the people who listen to them and that should give you an idea as to what expectations they probably feel they have to live up to.

Ah, didn't realise they're crowd-funded now.

Chris Remo gets on my nerves a bit, working back from the newest episodes. Then I started working from the start, and he's really funny, and the group go into little side-avenues and laugh at eachother's slips of the tongue and do funny voices (immature as that sounds, I like them)

Like, when Chris does his impression of the nerdy gamer and goes 'hnaargh' at the end, I laugh evry tiem.

Can see it changing from the end of the last episode I listened to. Some fuckwit emailed in and said 'I love the podcast, but you guys laugh too much.' Fuck off.

‏@HLNinEngeland 27m
Official announcement of Divock Origi's transfer to #LFC is still somewhere in the pipeline. Contracts have been signed,videos are recorded.

‏@HLNinEngeland 27m
Official announcement of Divock Origi's transfer to #LFC is still somewhere in the pipeline. Contracts have been signed,videos are recorded.

Spurs are just waiting for the moment to cause us the most embarassment. Moment before he dots the final 'i' in Origi, Levy will swoop.

GorillaJu

Hitch the original run of Idle Thumbs was great listening regardless of whether or not you played the games, like the GFW Radio podcast. I stopped listening a while ago, just didn't grab me as much as it did originally. I think it's partly because Sean joined, who is a super nice guy and has his heart in the right place, but he kind of interrupts the silliness. When it was Chris, Jake and Steve it was at its best.

I don't think you're ever going to find a podcast you like, hitcher. :lol

I like plenty bruv

Love the Russell Brand radio shows
Love the Ricky Gervais radio shows
Like the Ricky Gervais podcasts
Like the Bombcast (used to love it)
Really like old Idle Thumbs, and like the new ones (including Dota Today)
Growing to really like the Bill Burr Monday Morning podcast
Really liked the only episode of Hardcore History I've heard
Love Football Weekly and Ramble

Might start listening to the 1up Yours archive and The Anfield Wrap, and maybe the old GFW podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom