• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATF487

Well, he's still out until October? or something I think. And coming back in shape after his kind of injury is pretty hard and can take a while. Don't see why he would go for a move or why any club would be in to sign him this year.

Yeah I just read about recovery times from that injury, it can really vary.

I thought the same thing about Rodriguez though, in so far as buying an injured player that would need time to get fit, but he's maybe off to Tottenham in this window. Their injuries aren't the same but if Benteke recovers well he'd be worth 30m+ in this market, thought someone might think of taking a gamble now

Madrid paying 12m for a 15 year old Norwegian kid.
H7bIKlW.png

He looks pretty good in the Norwegian league.

Still, why the fuck are Madrid interested? Not like they give a fuck about youth.

Barzul

The notion that James McCarthy is a "great signing" for a club looking to reach the top 4. Especially at what he would cost.

Just looks like a weak midfield to me. Don't know about Herrera but Mata will never track back which was why Mourinho chucked him out.

Don't think it's that weak. Man Utd were tearing the league apart with Fletcher and Carrick in midfield in the years gone buy. McCarthy can be just as good as that lot. Plus they'll be playing 3 CB's.

Barzul

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 4m
I get asked the question constantly. But I am told Liverpool, at this stage, are not pursuing a move for Marco Reus

Shogun are you OK?

3Sixty

Saints chairman Ralph Krueger has insisted that Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will not be sold this summer.

Krueger spoke to the Daily Echo this afternoon and moved to reassure nervous fans over the future of the club and manager Ronald Koeman’s squad with five first team players already sold this summer and Schneiderlin and Rodriguez heavily linked with moves to Tottenham.

He said: “Specifically to Rodriguez and Schneiderlin, they will not be going anywhere.

“We see them as part of a core and the core we’ve got right now and in place is a core that is where Ronald would like to go and they a part of that core.

“Any reports that Rodriguez or Schneiderlin are leaving or we are in engaged in transfer conversations are totally off the mark.

“They will not be sold.”

---

My boy Ralph bringing the heat.

So Lukaku is going to sign for Everton, not Wolfsburg.

Because he's not a fucking Bundesgesicht.
Well, it's actually good. Fuck Wolfsburg.

Yeah I just read about recovery times from that injury, it can really vary.

I thought the same thing about Rodriguez though, in so far as buying an injured player that would need time to get fit, but he's maybe off to Tottenham in this window. Their injuries aren't the same but if Benteke recovers well he'd be worth 30m+ in this market, thought someone might think of taking a gamble now

Rodriguez had an ACL injury, right? It's terrible but kind of common in modern football.

I've read an article that Benteke's injury is actually worse than an ACL injury. He needs to "learn" every single move again because the leg/muscles need to get used to the new feeling. He might return just fine but he might never be the same player he used to be or could have been. Definitely a bigger risk than Rodriguez.

GorillaJu

Saints chairman Ralph Krueger has insisted that Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will not be sold this summer.

Krueger spoke to the Daily Echo this afternoon and moved to reassure nervous fans over the future of the club and manager Ronald Koeman’s squad with five first team players already sold this summer and Schneiderlin and Rodriguez heavily linked with moves to Tottenham.

He said: “Specifically to Rodriguez and Schneiderlin, they will not be going anywhere.

“We see them as part of a core and the core we’ve got right now and in place is a core that is where Ronald would like to go and they a part of that core.

“Any reports that Rodriguez or Schneiderlin are leaving or we are in engaged in transfer conversations are totally off the mark.

“They will not be sold.”

---

My boy Ralph bringing the heat.

Good. Lock up shop, Roko.

I haven't watched him play much besides the WC, but I was under the impression he could play that role. Can he not tackle and shield the back four, or is he more of a Ramsey type?

Just imagine Pirlo. He plays in front of the back four, but relying on him to do the job is dangerous. His tackling is wild at best and he picks up a lot of yellows. He operates best next to a DM like Motta and DDR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom