• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

Think it's more difficult to swallow players going to a non-Champions League club.

nzmp8vD.png

YES SALVA

Salvadora

http://news.playup.com/articles/2917823-smash-the-system

Good article from Andy Mitten on 'The United Way' 352 and how it'll probably be a short lived success.
If I had to bet, I’d say that United will make a barnstorming start to the season playing this new system before Chelsea come in late October and Mourinho shows how to stop it – as is his wont. Then every other Allardyce and Pulis in the league follows suit and we’re left scratching our heads.
You should be expected to make a barnstorming start to the season regardless of the system played because of the easy fixture list.

If you slow down in October, it's partly because you're playing stronger opposition.
August
16 Swansea City H
23 Sunderland A
30 Burnley A

September
13 Queens Park Rangers H
20 Leicester City A
27 West Ham United H

October
4 Everton H
18 West Bromwich Albion A
25 Chelsea H
Yeah...

omgkitty

Spurs have a scouting system? I thought they just bought whoever Liverpool were targeting.

They pretty much read the papers every day to see who Arsenal, City, United, Chelsea and Liverpool are interested in, and then when those links turn out to be bullshit because none of those clubs actually wanted those shit players, they end up at Spurs.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I don't understand why Tottenham are so willing to get rid of players they signed one year ago?

Like, is their scouting that shit or are they just not giving them a chance?

Well barring Eriksen and Chiriches the new signings were all cack and most of them struggled with the English game. Looking at how guys like Paulinho and Chadli played at the WC, they don't really deserve more time. They aren't good enough. Lamela is the only one of the 5 flops that I would really want to keep.

We have our old chief scout Ian Broomfield back now (guy who scouted Sandro, Vertonghen, Walker etc) so we will be targeting more suitable players than the fragile wimps we signed last summer. Davies and Vorm are a good start, both PL proven like the Soton pair.

Lightning

Banned
How can you say that? Our wingers scored about 3 goals between them and our sluggish midfield got destroyed by all the big teams. Both Rodriguez and Schneiderlin would fill key holes in our team.

We need a new CB too but besides Dawson the others are decent players who were left exposed by twats like Paulinho.
If you actually think that good luck to you. Just keep in mind that Southampton got bossed many times themselves, they were not world beaters.

Jay is not going to frighten anyone and Schneiderlin plays in a position where you already have competent players, He's an improvement on them but not a huge one. The impact from Schneiderlin will be there but not that noticeable, it will be MoPo's tactics that have the biggest impact and whether players can adapt to it.

If it were me though I'd rather a 20m CB instead and a winger who doesn't have a massive injury cloud over their head and a little more imposing and someone who will get the opposition teams worried.

Carbonox

Milan supposedly want Ben Arfa. They really are the QPR of Serie A. Buy up any old tosspot, has-been or old fart.

El-Sha, De Sciglio and Mastour need to bail.

GQman2121

Banned
Redownloading all this fucking TLoU DLC is a pain in the ass. Why can't you just put everything you want in the cart and checkout all at once?

jtb

Banned
if a team wins the Europa League, do both the 4th (or whatever the lowest position to qualify for CL) and EL winner get in to CL next season or is the number of entries per country still hard capped at four?

L1NETT

More trialists in our friendly tonight

Hope Mo Shariff gets a contract. Kid looks really talented

Plus I want a "Who shot the Shariff" chant

Salvadora

if a team wins the Europa League, do both the 4th (or whatever the lowest position to qualify for CL) and EL winner get in to CL next season or is the number of entries per country still hard capped at four?
It's recently changed so both qualify iirc.

Some random french journo reckons Katarina wants to sell the club.

Nothing would shock me now. Would rather go back to lower leagues than be an oil club though.

Also that LVG interview on SSN is awful, must be the only dutchman with terrible English, also pretty much confirms he had nothing to do with Shaw/TheProspect transfers.

What's an oil club?

I get its a club owned by someone who struck it rich in oil, but whats the difference than some other rich fuck from owning the club?

What's an oil club?

I get its a club owned by someone who struck it rich in oil, but whats the difference than some other rich fuck from owning the club?

3Sixty is a environmentalist and was involved in making that movie with Al Gore believe it or not. He's scared what will happen to his children and their children's world.

wedward

Man, news is super slow today. I NEED ARSENAL RUMORS

I don't think we will hear anything until after the Emirates cup. Hopefully we can get a DM signed before the first game. Would not be surprised if it is deadline day.

Would love to have a DM in before we play Everton.

omgkitty

I don't think we will hear anything until after the Emirates cup. Hopefully we can get a DM signed before the first game. Would not be surprised if it is deadline day.

Would love to have a DM in before we play Everton.

Yeah that Pogba deal is probably going to take a while :D

I thought you posted some Twitter ITK saying another deal would be done this week?

wedward

Yeah that Pogba deal is probably going to take a while :D

I thought you posted some Twitter ITK saying another deal would be done this week?

Yeah, a couple people were saying Wenger wanted it done before the Emirates cup, but everything is so quiet it doesn't seem likely.

Although it could be like Chambers and happen out of nowhere.

Salvadora

None of the DM targets we have, as far as we know, are low profile. It's likely that it would be a long, drawn out affair with lots of media attention. Don't think it's a signing you could pull out of a hat.

L1NETT

Craig Roddan having a trial game with us tonight, apparently ex Liverpool

Quick google says he never got a game for them

Hmmm

omgkitty

None of the DM targets we have, as far as we know, are low profile. It's likely that it would be a long, drawn out affair with lots of media attention. Don't think it's a signing you could pull out of a hat.

Unless it's someone we haven't been linked with yet
or isn't very good and we don't want.

jtb

Banned

Embrace the Diaby and Jack "Jesus Christ" Wilshere DM future.

wedward

I don't know. Arsenal are pretty good about keeping their transfer dealings out of the press. Ozil didn't break until it was finished.

Arnie

Have images not been posted yet?

0430__5634__origi1000c_513X307.jpg

CaptainOfTheBattleship said:
"For me, he can be one of the most exciting talents in world football. I genuinely believe that.

"You see a lot of good players, but this kid - for 19 years of age - he burst onto the scene at the World Cup, but we'd tracked him before that, we'd seen him as a young player playing in the youth internationals. He has everything to be world class.

"He's super fast, has a wonderful touch, he's a good size and is aggressive. What I like, and what I have in other players, is that humility to work hard.

"I've seen enough of him over the course of the last couple of seasons to think this is a kid who, coming into the right environment, can genuinely be world class.

"He will go back to Lille and play there for the season on loan, but by signing him, we'll have a wonderful player - not only now when he comes in next season, but also in the future.

"He can light up world football, for sure."

Salvadora

I don't know. Arsenal are pretty good about keeping their transfer dealings out of the press. Ozil didn't break until it was finished.
I remember reading that Arsenal are the most secretive of all the top clubs in England.

It's easy to see why that may be the case with Chambers being rumoured by reliable sources and done within 72 hours.

But it's difficult to see a situation by which we could buy names like Carvalho/Khedira/Bender/Pogba without something getting out ahead of time. Even more likely with us potentially haggling over prices.

King_Moc

Banned
a little surprised Origi is being loaned back to Lille since the Remy deal fell through

A lack of game time will stifle his development. He's not ready to break into the LFC first team yet, so he's going to stay there. I'm assuming that means he'll be getting games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom