• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Firstly:

a) find this funny primarily because of how the Southampton lads were bigging up Schneiderlin as if he's any different than the two 'Liverpool cunts' who left the club in tense circumstances

and

b) Southampton don't have to sell an unhappy player at all. He's contracted. We kept Suarez and look at the good it did us. If they really stand by their words they'll make him stay

but

c) they will sell him because deep down the Southampton hierarchy are fucking money hungry and they won't invest half of it back into the team

jtb

Banned
Bale was a funny situation because he kept quiet but had that injured arse bone for about 2 months so was basically on strike.

He wasn't injured. Or if it was, it was incredibly minor. Just a way for the player and the club to minimize his chance of injuring himself in pre-season; neither Spurs or Bale want his value to decrease at all.

Same thing happened with Fabregas. picked up an "injury" before pre-season the summer he was sold. I'm not sure if I'd call it going on strike since it's in best interest of both parties to protect the player, but it still basically means they're on the way out.

wedward

The Schneiderlin stuff is so predictable, that guff the chairman came out with simply a front while they wait for the inevitable transfer request so they can 'reluctantly' allow the player to leave. As with Lovren once he starts acting a cunt they will take the money.

It's sad but that's how things are, Modric and Bale behaved in exactly the same way. Inside every player is a massive twat that only shows itself when they are denied a transfer.

Eh, if they just wanted him to request a transfer they would have told him that. What looks worse, that tweet or a transfer request?

They are probably blocking it entirely. Spurs aren't going to pay 27m.

Showaddy

He wasn't injured. Or if it was, it was incredibly minor. Just a way for the player and the club to minimize his chance of injuring himself in pre-season; neither Spurs or Bale want his value to decrease at all.

Same thing happened with Fabregas. picked up an "injury" before pre-season the summer he was sold. I'm not sure if I'd call it going on strike since it's in best interest of both parties to protect the player, but it still basically means they're on the way out.

Yeah that was my point, no way he was actually injured but the choice of "injury" was pretty funny as it dragged on all summer.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Eh, if they just wanted him to request a transfer they would have told him that. What looks worse, that tweet or a transfer request?

They are probably blocking it entirely. Spurs aren't going to pay 27m.

Southampton don't expect £27m just like Levy didn't expect £100m for Bale. It's all posturing.

My reading of this is that Chambers, Schneiderlin and Rodriguez were all in discussions and getting ready to go to Arsenal and Spurs, but when the Chambers story suddenly sent the fans apeshit the club hierarchy wheeled out the chairman today to try and save a bit of face and not look like they are caving in over their best players without a fight. They've done their little performance and now the players will force their moves through like Lallana and Lovren. Probably cost us about £30-35m for the pair which is fair enough.

Showaddy

lol spurs bunch of tight cunts, you guys splash the cash for flops and cant even spend it on a decent signing like morgs

Lol Levy aint paying silly money for another holding mid; even if he is better than Sandro, Capoue, Paulinho, Dembele & Bentaleb.

He paid silly money for Lamela because he thought he was getting the next Ronaldo and he paid silly money for Soldado because he thought he was getting a 25 goal a season striker. Pretty stupid in hindsight but made sense (on paper) at the time.

wedward

Southampton don't expect £27m just like Levy didn't expect £100m for Bale. It's all posturing.

My reading of this is that Chambers, Schneiderlin and Rodriguez were all in discussions and getting ready to go to Arsenal and Spurs, but when the Chambers story suddenly sent the fans apeshit the club hierarchy wheeled out the chairman today to try and save a bit of face and not look like they are caving in over their best players without a fight. They've done their little performance and now the players will force their moves through like Lallana and Lovren. Probably cost us about £30-35m for the pair which is fair enough.

Well they must have told him something that sent him over the edge. If they told him you can move, but we want a fair price I don't think he would have thrown a hissy fit.

I have no doubt that you guys are lowballing them. If Saints think they can hold onto him for another year and sell next summer when there are potentially more clubs interested they would be wise to do that.

Ushojax

Well they must have told him something that sent him over the edge. If they told him you can move, but we want a fair price I don't think he would have thrown a hissy fit.

Like I said, yesterday every single outlet was saying the moves were about to go through. From his tweet it's obvious they've poured cold water on it but even in his PR offensive tonight, the chairman said that if Morgan and Jay say they don't want to be here they would 're-evaluate'. It's all hot air to try and make it look like they had no choice and were bullied into selling.

Danchi

Do you think he's been advised by his agent or w/e to do something like this to push for a move, or is that too cynical/calcuated? I just always find it hard to believe a grown-man can't control himself from posting on Twitter.

EmiPrime

I can understand his frustration; the team has been gutted, the higher ups are not investing that money back into the team and he wants to be a starter for Euro 2016.

subtles

Do you think he's been advised by his agent or w/e to do something like this to push for a move, or is that too cynical/calcuated? I just always find it hard to believe a grown-man can't control himself from posting on Twitter.

People ask for bans on this forum all the time.

please.

tri_willy

why would soton bow down to spurs lowballing tactics? if they cant at least meet their supposed target price, id tell them to get fucked. all thats left for soton staff to do, is to give schneids some good convincing, or fuck him off to a team other than spurs (sorry spurs fans lol)

pappe

How can any1 really blame Morgan that he wants out.

I mean the board sold all the first teamers and his friends now he has to start over almost.

Noone in his place would want to take a step back in their career.

Imagine being so angry that you actually scroll down your following list and unfollow someone.

Twitter doesn't even give you a notification for that.

Lightning

Banned
I can understand his frustration; the team has been gutted, the higher ups are not investing that money back into the team and he wants to be a starter for Euro 2016.
He won't be a starter going to Spurs. France have too many talented players in that position who are younger and better than Schneiderlin.

why would soton bow down to spurs lowballing tactics? if they cant at least meet their supposed target price, id tell them to get fucked. all thats left for soton staff to do, is to give schneids some good convincing, or fuck him off to a team other than spurs (sorry spurs fans lol)
They wont. They didn't bow down for United, Liverpool or Arsenal so there's nothing to suggest they will accept low ball bids from Levy.

Ushojax

This is not a case of them rejecting a bid from us. Everything was lined up with him and JRod, personal terms were all sorted. Then today they pulled the plug hence his furious reaction.

Barzul

Can you really blame him though? 5 of his teammates sold. No sign of them being replaced yet. He's just been capped from France and been to the WC. If someone was offering me to pay me more somewhere else, I'd leave looking at the current scenario. It'd be different if Saints were actively spending all that transfer money.
He won't be a starter going to Spurs. France have too many talented players in that position who are younger and better than Schneiderlin.

If he does the business at somewhere like Arsenal for example and plays in the CL consistently, he could easily bench someone like Matuidi for example.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Wonder who will be captain tonight

Bet Rooney

Can you really blame him though? 5 of his teammates sold. No sign of them being replaced yet. He's just been capped from France and been to the WC. If someone was offering me to pay me more somewhere else, I'd leave looking at the current scenario. It'd be different if Saints were actively spending all that transfer money.

I don't think anybody is blaming him for wanting to leave.

Twitter meltdowns though...come on.

Wonder who will be captain tonight

Bet Rooney
Smalling I think LVG said. Playing 90 mins today.

EmiPrime

I agree, he will just become another Capoue. I have no idea why he would even be considering Spurs if he wants to progress his career.

LTWheels

Have you lads seen that EA subscription service exclusive to the Xbox One?

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=864098&page=1

It sounds pretty interesting. Especially if your like me and don't want to buy a new version of FIFA every year. It really depends how long it takes for the next FIFA game to be added to the download service. If FIFA 15 is added by this time next summer, as I'm not a day one FIFA player, I would be happy with that.

Also if games like Golf, Hockey are added, I would be quite interested, as these are titles that I would like to mess around with but have no interest in buying.

3Sixty

25 Apr 2014 11:46:00

The Southampton midfielder is aware of interest from other clubs but has vowed never to ask for a move away from the club
Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin has vowed to "never force a transfer" if the club do not wish to sell him.

The Frenchman has reportedly been the subject of interest from reigning Premier League champions Manchester United and Arsenal this season after catching the eye with some impressive displays in the top flight

Schneiderlin is aware that other clubs are keeping check on Southampton's highly-rated stars, but the 24-year-old is not looking to engineer a move.

"We know top teams are watching us," he told French journalist Romain Molina in an interview for hat-trick.fr.

"As long as we don't receive a concrete offer, and as long as the club says they won't sell, I will never force a transfer."

----

They were fun times.

Barzul

The Southampton midfielder is aware of interest from other clubs but has vowed never to ask for a move away from the club
Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin has vowed to "never force a transfer" if the club do not wish to sell him.

The Frenchman has reportedly been the subject of interest from reigning Premier League champions Manchester United and Arsenal this season after catching the eye with some impressive displays in the top flight

Schneiderlin is aware that other clubs are keeping check on Southampton's highly-rated stars, but the 24-year-old is not looking to engineer a move.

"We know top teams are watching us," he told French journalist Romain Molina in an interview for hat-trick.fr.

"As long as we don't receive a concrete offer, and as long as the club says they won't sell, I will never force a transfer."

----

They were fun times.
Footballers. They lie.

wedward

This confirms Morgan is a huge pussy.

Wants guaranteed starting spot because he is scared he won't be able to beat out a 32 year old Mikel Arteta and 30 year old Flamini.

Doesn't get his way so he takes to twitter and makes an ass of himself.

Barzul

This confirms Morgan is a huge pussy.

Wants guaranteed starting spot because he is scared he won't be able to beat out a 32 year old Mikel Arteta and 30 year old Flamini.

Doesn't get his way so he takes to twitter and makes an ass of himself.

Don't want him anymore tbh.

Scum

Scolari is now in charge of Gremio.

Why would they make this exclusive?

MS innit.

Yeah I'm signing up as soon as it's available and selling my copy of FIFA 14. It's the only disc based game I own.

Barzul pls.

It sounds pretty interesting. Especially if your like me and don't want to buy a new version of FIFA every year. It really depends how long it takes for the next FIFA game to be added to the download service. If FIFA 15 is added by this time next summer, as I'm not a day one FIFA player, I would be happy with that.

Also if games like Golf, NFL are added, I would be quite interested, as these are titles that I would like to mess around with but have no interest in buying.

Seems a like a really good idea. Let's hope EA doesn't fuck it up.

----

They were fun times.

I still reckon he'll end up at Arsenal. But yeah.

dc89

Yo guys!! Been away for a few days.

Can anyone recommend any cool apps for Android, the gf has ditched her iPhone in favour of the Sony Xperia Z1. Anything we need to know about etc?

wedward

Don't want him anymore tbh.

I don't want a player who is scared he wont be able to earn a starting spot.

Also don't want a player that would forgoe playing in CL just so he can reunite with a manager he is comfortable with. Show a little ambition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom