• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
But that's the thing, Capoue looked good when he wasn't injured last season and has looked rock solid in pre-season for Spurs. Why would Spurs splash huge money on Morgan to replace Capoue/Sandro when he'd be a slight improvement at best? Especially when they need to spend on a left wing and another striker.

Capoue looked OK in possession but moved like a glacier when tracking back. He looked unbelievably slow but that's probably just rust.

Also Scheniderlin is not a defensive midfielder like Capoue and Sandro, he often played with Wanyama in a more defensive role next to him. His job under MoPo was quick forward passing, making sure that the transition from defense to offense was as fast as possible. That's what we lack, if Scheniderlin joins up he will do what Ryan Mason has been doing (exceptionally well) so far in pre-season, lurking deep to receive or win the ball and rapidly initiate attacks. Dembele and Paulinho do not move the ball quickly enough. Of the guys we have, Bentaleb and Mason are the most like Morgan.

wedward

BtvAKCJIMAECqsd.jpg

It's in Sheffield so it's not too far to travel. 4 hour day starting from 1pm - 5pm. Group exercise, verbal written test (not really sure what we'll have to do) and a 45min competency interview.

I've had a look at a few and passed 2 previous tests I had in this application process, so hopefully it's something similar. I've just been researching the company and thinking of possible answers/examples for the interview.

For the group exercise remember to structure the session. Keep time and suggest a way of going about the task. Also ask people for their opinions and draw them into conversation etc, will rack up a few free points!

Competency interviews are nice because you can kind of prepare answers.

Good luck! Sheffield isn't far from you is it?

Showaddy

Capoue looked OK in possession but moved like a glacier when tracking back. He looked unbelievably slow but that's probably just rust.

Also Scheniderlin is not a defensive midfielder like Capoue and Sandro, he often played with Wanyama in a more defensive role next to him. His job under MoPo was quick forward passing, making sure that the transition from defense to offense was as fast as possible. That's what we lack, if Scheniderlin joins up he will do what Ryan Mason has been doing (exceptionally well) so far in pre-season. Floating around the centre circle waiting to receive or win the ball and rapidly initiate attacks.

But isn't that what Paulinho & Dembele's jobs are though? Partner at defensive mid and attack further forward to link up with the forwards to get attacks going? Yeah they're out of form but they haven't even got back with the squad yet.

We're just so stacked in the midfield at the moment and so light in guaranteed quality up front (can't rely on just Lamela, Eriksen & Adebayor all season surely) it just seems like a senseless transfer.

Liverpool's YouTube do some good stuff. D Studge seems cool.

Going for a shower.

But first I'm downing this Frijj. Chocolate favour, as always. WELL shaken. Threw it across the room for good measure.

Ushojax

But isn't that what Paulinho & Dembele's jobs are though? Partner at defensive mid and attack further forward to link up with the forwards to get attacks going? Yeah they're out of form but they haven't even got back with the squad yet.

Paulinho is not out of form, he's just shit. He will never be a top midfielder in this league, he doesn't have the guile or the tenacity.

Dembele could do it but he won't be ready for several weeks and needs to learn a new style of playing. Schneiderlin is ready to go. We made a big mistake with AVB by not going all out for the players he wanted (like Moutinho), if MoPo says he needs Morgan then we need to sign him.

EmiPrime

But that's the thing, Capoue looked good when he wasn't injured last season and has looked rock solid in pre-season for Spurs. Why would Spurs splash huge money on Morgan to replace Capoue/Sandro when he'd be a slight improvement at best? Especially when they need to spend on a left wing and another striker.

Spurs transfer dealings are a mystery to everyone!

Maybe Levy is collecting central midfielders...

Arnie

Liverpool's YouTube do some good stuff. D Studge seems cool.

Going for a shower.

But first I'm downing this Frijj. Chocolate favour, as always. WELL shaken. Threw it across the room for good measure.
A few of his lines in that video killed me.

When he referred to himself as Studge. Lost it.

Showaddy

Paulinho is not out of form, he's just shit. He will never be a top midfielder in this league, he doesn't have the guile or the tenacity.

Dembele could do it but he won't be ready for several weeks and needs to learn a new style of playing. Schneiderlin is ready to go. We made a big mistake with AVB by not going all out for the players he wanted (like Moutinho), if MoPo says he needs Morgan then we need to sign him.

Make sense I guess but Levy's not going to be able to strong-arm Southampton into selling him cheap when they've got £100 million burning a hole in their pockets and he's never going to meet Southampton's valuation of him.

Ushojax

Make sense I guess but Levy's not going to be able to strong-arm Southampton into selling him cheap when they've got £100 million burning a hole in their pockets and he's never going to meet Southampton's valuation of him.

We don't need to strong-arm them into anything, 24 hours ago he had arranged his exit from Southampton and was about to join us. He'll submit a transfer request and that will be that. We're not going to pay £27m for him.

wedward

We don't need to strong-arm them into anything, 24 hours ago he had arranged his exit from Southampton and was about to join us. He'll submit a transfer request and that will be that. We're not going to pay £27m for him.

What do you think the fee will be?

Scum

Usho, pls. Just pay up. 😛

K1LLER7

For the group exercise remember to structure the session. Keep time and suggest a way of going about the task. Also ask people for their opinions and draw them into conversation etc, will rack up a few free points!

Competency interviews are nice because you can kind of prepare answers.

Good luck! Sheffield isn't far from you is it?
Thanks, will do! :)

Yeah, they'll be based on the basics: Communication skills, motivation, customer service/awareness & teamwork. Hopefully everything goes well.

Killer7 if you get the job you'll be living in a truly amazing city.

Best three years of my life were spent there.
I'm from Sheffield, I could have met you Arnie!
& Arnie's m8

Arnie

Thanks, will do! :)

Yeah, they'll be based on the basics: Communication skills, motivation, customer service/awareness & teamwork. Hopefully everything goes well.

I'm from Sheffield, I could have met you Arnie!
& Arnie's m8
This has blown my mind.

Ushojax

Hahahahahahahaha

Didn't you pay £16m for Lovren? Arsenal £12m for Chambers? There will be add-ons and other crap to bump it up long-term but the lump sum is not going to be £27m. That would make him our record signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom