• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Barca are going to start the season with this front line due to Suarez and Nerman being out.

Pedro - Messi - Deulofeu.

6c5ed7c5-1d6d-4d3e-941d-76171e0dd449.gif

Suen

Yeah but then Porto bought Tello. Why would Pedro go there and fight Tello for the same place again. No reason to sell Pedro now with Alexis and Tello gone now.
Ooops sorry. I was thinking of Tello and not Pedro, and yeah getting rid of Pedro now would make no sense. You need him for the squad depth if anything.

Alvaro Medran will save us Madrid GAF.

That Roma bus.

Meier

Yeah but then Porto bought Tello. Why would Pedro go there and fight Tello for the same place again. No reason to sell Pedro now with Alexis and Tello gone now.
I wouldn't be surprised if they did buy him at some point, but I think it was just a 2 year loan. Don't remember any purchase price being mentioned.

omgkitty

Very excited about this signing. Past 9 years we have had to take big gambles on youth players. Feel like he is probably the most talented under 21 we have signed.

Besides Cesc right? And Ramsey? Or did you mean his current talent compared to the talent of the other players when we signed them? Still might say Cesc was better.

Suen

this is going to be a horrible season for real madrid, i can feel it

i hope i'm wrong
Ancelotti is more comfortable with the team now and so are they with his formation(s) and style. We haven't had any big changes so far so we should be fine....if Ancelotti can bring out the best from our new squad. He's going to be having a headache with the arrival of James, Kroos and Navas alright. Navas and Kroos will be solved if Khedira and Iker/Lopez go (although I still think Kroos as a DM is stupid) but I wonder how he plan on using James.

edit: :lol Carvajal has truly become a fucking cunt. The Alba of Madrid.

Afrikan

Great security lol.

This is why you tackle the first person HARD and put it on the big screen. The Man U game a few days ago had a fan get speared by two guards.

This could've got dangerous. All it took was one of them doing something stupid to one of the players.

I don't know why the soccer players don't beat up the fans like American Football players do...As well as Baseball players and WWF wrestlers. I mean it's not like these Soccer players need their hands, if they hurt it punching one of them.

Suen

So what we can say from this pre-season so far:

Serie A > Real Madrid

This is why you tackle the first person HARD and put it on the big screen. The Man U game a few days ago had a fan get speared by two guards.

This could've got dangerous. All it took was one of them doing something stupid to one of the players.

I don't know why the soccer players don't beat up the fans like American Football players do...As well as Baseball players and WWF wrestlers. I mean it's not like these Soccer players need their hands, if they hurt it punching one of them.
At least there are security guards. In the WC there weren't any in some of the games :lol

MPW

Ancelotti is more comfortable with the team now and so are they with his formation(s) and style. We haven't had any big changes so far so we should be fine....if Ancelotti can bring out the best from our new squad. He's going to be having a headache with the arrival of James, Kroos and Navas alright. Navas and Kroos will be solved if Khedira and Iker/Lopez go (although I still think Kroos as a DM is stupid) but I wonder how he plan on using James.

edit: :lol Carvajal has truly become a fucking cunt. The Alba of Madrid.

james is gonna fuck everything up, just watch

carlo will be forced to play him because of his fee

and there will be no di maria to bail out madrid with key passes and crosses this season (he's off to psg)

GorillaJu

Very excited about this signing. Past 9 years we have had to take big gambles on youth players. Feel like he is probably the most talented under 21 we have signed.

I... what?

Calum Chambers, more talented than:

Cesc Fabregas
Samir Nasri
Jack Wilshere
Theo Walcott
Alex Oxlaid-Chamberlain
Gordon Ramsey

Lightning

Banned
I am really excited about it. When we were linked earlier but nothing concrete I was hopeful but then the Aurier shit started and I didn't like it. We'd never buy them both but I'm so glad that not only did Wenger see Chambers excellent talent but he shelled out a lot of money to ensure we got him.

Never wanted Aurier or Manquillo. Chambers, Sanchez and Shad are the best signings and we've done wonderful so far this window. Wenger building a great team for a future again one piece at a time, I love it.

jtb

Banned
I... what?

Calum Chambers, more talented than:

Cesc Fabregas
Samir Nasri
Jack Wilshere
Theo Walcott
Alex Oxlaid-Chamberlain
Gordon Ramsey

not to mention the likes of Vieira and Anelka if you want to go even further back

Jack's both an academy lad and lacking in talent so I wouldn't necessarily include him on the list

Chambers is a good signing and he could be a great player. But he's not there yet.

GorillaJu

not to mention the likes of Vieira and Anelka if you want to go even further back

Jack's both an academy lad and lacking in talent so I wouldn't necessarily include him on the list

Chambers is a good signing and he could be a great player. But he's not there yet.

I'm surprised Southampton were willing to sell him. I thought with all the players leaving, he'd be one they were intent ok keeping to build for the future. The fee they're getting is quite good though, so I guess it's not too bad from their perspective considering he wasn't a vital part of the team but still.

jtb

Banned
I'm surprised Southampton were willing to sell him. I thought with all the players leaving, he'd be one they were intent ok keeping to build for the future. The fee they're getting is quite good though, so I guess it's not too bad from their perspective considering he wasn't a vital part of the team but still.

Me too. players like Shaw, Schneiderlin, Lallana—they make sense, their value is already very inflated and if they're going to sell, they may as well do it now because their price will never be higher. but play Chambers a full season, show him off a bit, and surely they could get a Shaw-like fee in a year or two. but I guess the fire sale is in full force; all this Schniederlin stuff is just posturing I imagine. He's a good player but 27m would definitely be an overpay.

there's not much (if any) incentive to spend just to stay in mid-table. either spend big and pray for CL money or just tear it all down. even getting relegated isn't that bad; you get huge parachute payments and with 100m in the bank, you could surely make a run at promotion pretty quickly and easily. really harsh for the fans but it looks like the club is in complete turmoil at the executive level so any kind of long-term project is unrealistic anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom