• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Mirror Sport understands that defenders Nathaniel Clyne and Jose Fonte and midfielder Jack Cork could now join the exodus from St Mary's too

Are they just getting as much cash as they can from player sales before selling the club?

Carbonox

The Mirror also thinks that Ebola is going to go global like a Woodward promotion deal spree.
Uus4Plt.png

LTWheels

I don't know how you guys in other time zone deal with watching games in the middle of the night. The match tonight is a midnight kick off. I need to get up at 06:30 in order to get to work on time. Seems too much for me.

3Sixty

Are they just getting as much cash as they can from player sales before selling the club?

Rumor doing the rounds is that alot of these players were on the most ridiculous incentive laden contracts.

I.E massive bonus and wages increases for winning trophies, high league finishes, goals, etc...

GorillaJu

I don't know how you guys in other time zone deal with watching games in the middle of the night. The match tonight is a midnight kick off. I need to get up at 06:30 in order to get to work on time. Seems too much for me.

It has its benefits. It never interrupts things that you want to do in the middle of the day, and if you have a shitty or boring Saturday, it's a bright spot at the tail-end. If you want to go out to a bar to watch a game, it's late at night so it syncs up better with drinking time. Overall it's pretty shitty though. The coverage in Japan for all European leagues is pretty great, and the Japanese sports channels have multiple language broadcasts and are much more affordable than Sky Perfect TV (which is also available).

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Herrera has not been as explosive last two games, maybe bedding in process, getting used to things. Happy with the performance yesterday, good signs.

Clegg

Herrera has not been as explosive last two games, maybe bedding in process, getting used to things. Happy with the performance yesterday, good signs.

He hasn't looked as explosive because he's played much better teams in his last two games. He's definitely had a positive influence on the team though. Attacks no longer break down when we go through the middle as he's an incivive passer and gets things going quickly.

But be honest BayernGAF, how would you feel if you fielded a Götze-Lewa-Reus attacking three next year?

You can't tell me that doesn't feel like Borussia München.

Wilbur

Banned
I do always find it jokes when I fall asleep nowadays, because it's only arsenal fans who are up at those hours. Always fun to catch up on the arguments and delusions

Clegg

LvG on Shinji:

“I know him from Germany and he played No10 here. I want to play him in No6 or No8 in our system and I have tried that. I want to try him No10 because he wants to play there. He played better there than he did the other positions.”

Still think he's going to leave. We already have too many 10's and he simply isn't as good as Mata. I like that we've tried him as a slightly deeper lying midfielder, but it's just not going to work for him there.

Wilbur

Banned
LvG on Shinji:

Still think he's going to leave. We already have too many 10's and he simply isn't as good as Mata. I like that we've tried him as a slightly deeper lying midfielder, but it's just not going to work for him there.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I'm sure LVG likes him, but he probably won't keep him around if he can only play one position and we have Mata in that one.

Surprises me really just how little versatility Shinji has. He's a wonderful number 10 based off his Dortmund time, but he just seems totally incapable of playing anywhere else.

Salazar

I'll be happy for him. We need bodies, though.

And Inter should take Nani home with them.

pappe

Yeah, that sounds about right. I'm sure LVG likes him, but he probably won't keep him around if he can only play one position and we have Mata in that one.

Surprises me really just how little versatility Shinji has. He's a wonderful number 10 based off his Dortmund time, but he just seems totally incapable of playing anywhere else.

But what if Mata gets injured or needs rest?? I would prefer Shinji play there as compared to Rooney. We should keep Shinji even if it means he is a bench player and a back up to Mata. That will keep Mata on his toes and Shinji is an excellent back up option to have.

fuenf

But be honest BayernGAF, how would you feel if you fielded a Götze-Lewa-Reus attacking three next year?

You can't tell me that doesn't feel like Borussia München.

It be awesome and you quickly forget their past. It just depends on how quickly the players integrate themselves. From his first practice session on Neuer, for example, has always looked like he was born to play at Bayern.

I still believe Bayern will go for Draxler instead of Reus, tho.

Wilbur

Banned
We need bodies in terms of quality, but our squad is far too front loaded. At the moment, this is our squad:

De Gea
Lindegaard
Amos
Johnstone

Jones
Smalling
Blackett
Keane
Evans

Rafael
Shaw
Young
Valencia
James

Herrera
Carrick
Fellaini
Cleverley
Anderson

Mata
Kagawa
Januzaj
Nani

Rooney
van Persie
Welbeck
Hernandez
Zaha
Powell

If we're persisting with the 3-4-1-2, then we need two centre backs. I'm pretty happy with that selection of wing backs though, provided Rafa stays fit and Shaw doesn't stay fat.

One good centre midfielder and one crocked one is awful, and we need to offload at least one of Fellaini, Cleverley or Anderson while buying one or two top class midfielders.

Too many number 10s/strikers. Nani and Zaha should go. If Mata is going to start there most the time then I think having both Januzaj and Kagawa might be a tad redundant, not sure.

Clegg

LvG also stated that we're looking for defenders. Is this the first time he's done that?

“We have conceded zero goals and then one wonder goal and a penalty. We are doing well but we are looking for defenders. Defenders have gone and we have to replace them. But I like [Tyler] Blackett and [Michael] Keane.”

Wilbur

Banned
Think so Clegg. Good to hear. I'm amazed one of our defenders hasn't got injured yet.

But what if Mata gets injured or needs rest?? I would prefer Shinji play there as compared to Rooney. We should keep Shinji even if it means he is a bench player and a back up to Mata. That will keep Mata on his toes and Shinji is an excellent back up option to have.

Adnan and Shinji are both brilliant options to have, but if the tactical plan after a 3-4-1-2 is a 4-3-3, then Adnan can play out wide and Shinji seems unable to. If I had to pick one of the two it would be Adnan.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I think at this point its very safe to assume that we are not in for a CM, maybe LvG sincerely thinks we can survive until January, he seems to like Fletch and to his credit hes not doing badly this pre season, cover will be a problem though with Carrick out.

pappe

Think so Clegg. Good to hear. I'm amazed one of our defenders hasn't got injured yet.

Adnan and Shinji are both brilliant options to have, but if the tactical plan after a 3-4-1-2 is a 4-3-3, then Adnan can play out wide and Shinji seems unable to. If I had to pick one of the two it would be Adnan.

I think Shinji can work as a more attacking cm in a 4-3-3 and we need as many bodies as we can get in Cm.

Adnan is way too young and i would not like to have him as a fulcrum of our attack in important games and you just know the back up option that LVG is gonna use when Mata is out is Rooney so Januzaj isnt really gonna get a lot of playing time this season.

New NotBigSam article

Sublime.

The beast continued. “David Gold said so on the internet, you slag. Terry from the shop just told me. On that facking… Twitter shite, innit. You’re facking toast, son. Get aaaaht of my club, you ‘orrible ‘oofing cant.’

I turned off the engine, removed my bandana and placed it gently on the passenger seat. I stepped out of the car.

“I have no idea of what you speak of, my friend, but nobody drops sausage plait on my flawless bonnet,” I whispered menacingly, before lifting the fat mess high into the bright July sky, and supplexing him into a lime-green Kia Picanto in the next lane.

As he lay broken and squished on the ground like pink shite, I dusted myself down, peered into the window of the Picanto and smirked at the quivering driver.

“I’ve just added a few hundred quid to the value of this shit-heap, pal,” I quipped, before giving him a wink and slinking back into my car. A car that is designed with one thing in mind: having fun while driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom