• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

no way we're winning the league, 2nd will be our max, and I expect us to finish third.

amcvholkwbcguuxpflo9.gif

roma got 1st babeh

He's probably just going to London. He was training with Anderlecht remember?

He should be going to the Netherlands and join up with Chelsea squad like Hazard and Courtois. Either way his cryptic twitter messages pisses me off, should just stick to re tweeting world star hiphop videos. I must admit he finds the good shit on there.

[IMG']http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--XTHKoxWj--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/amcvholkwbcguuxpflo9.gif[/IMG]

roma got 1st babeh

No, Palermo's time now.

Carbonox

About to go into a job interview.

woosah-o.gif

If it doesn't go well just spread butter all over your naked torso and roll around on their table. They won't be able to grab you and will have no choice but to hire you as they won't be able to remove you from the premises.

GorillaJu

Hear lads I'm after a pair of boots. Nothing fancy or expensive, just for casual wear. Not like fucking work boots or hiking boots. I normally just wear trainers so I have no idea where to start looking for them. I know we have some clothing-obsessed folk in here, ur my only hope.

Suede desert chukkas go with lots of casual stuff like jeans and chinos.

I don't know where you'd buy them in the UK, I tend to spend way too much $ on shoes, more than any other part of my wardrobe so I think my idea of what is affordable is skewed because I obsess over quality.

Here are some Clarks for $130:

http://www.zappos.com/clarks-desert-boot-oakwood-suede~1
http://www.zappos.com/clarks-desert-boot-taupe-suede

John Varvatos is generally well-respected when it comes to leathers

http://www.zappos.com/john-varvatos-hipster-chukka-dark-ghurka

These are cheaper at $90 and look pretty stylish though I can't attest to the quality

http://www.zappos.com/robert-wayne-roma-brown-suede

sohois

No doubt. 2nd will be either us or Napoli, unless someone else steps up this season again? (Viola, Inter or Milan)

Napoli are scrambling around trying to sign whatever shit they can get on a loan to buy deal; do you really see them making up the ~30 point difference between them and Juve from last season?

Jventus are finishing first again. Doesn't matter who their manager is, most of serie A is a joke. Roma are going to be without Strootman through injury and then a sale and they aren't going to go on a freakish unbeaten run again.

GorillaJu

Oh yeah Hixx if you order online, do a bit of googling and find out if the shoes you want fit true-to-size, because most Desert boots, for some reason, tend to run larger than average. I think it's because they're often modeled after military issue boots, and all military gear tends to run large. I have some Jil Sander desert chukkas that are size 8 US. I normally wear a 10.5 US, and they still feel big. Jil Sander is an abnormal case though, I wouldn't expect anything you can get off Zappos, for example, to be that far off in sizing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Napoli are scrambling around trying to sign whatever shit they can get on a loan to buy deal; do you really see them making up the ~30 point difference between them and Juve from last season?

Jventus are finishing first again. Doesn't matter who their manager is, most of serie A is a joke. Roma are going to be without Strootman through injury and then a sale and they aren't going to go on a freakish unbeaten run again.

never expected to read a post like this from you of all people!

Slizz

Zaha actually looked like a half-decent footballer last night......

Even had a 1 touch pass that actually hit it's intended target perfectly.

confuziz

Banned
you would look absolutely ridiculous in it

you're not ryan gosling
you don't look cool wearing a watch
you don't look cool wearing fingerless driving gloves
you don't cool with a toothpick in your mouth
you're not a human bean

you don't even drive

okay mom =(

Salvadora

The biggest French language paper in Belgium says Lukaku will sign a 5 year deal with Everton.

Could they not just wait until we play them before signing him?

The biggest French language paper in Belgium says Lukaku will sign a 5 year deal with Everton.

The Belgian lads should be joining up with the rest of the Chelsea squad today, so I imagine anything to do with Lukaku should develop pretty quickly.

Barzul

Sport Witness @Sport_Witness · 11m
Record don't say Carvalho has been put up for sale as such, they say interest has intensified and Sporting would accept a good bid.
Sport Witness @Sport_Witness · 10m
Record say that the interest of several clubs in Carvalho has in recent days begun to materialise into a possible move.
Sport Witness @Sport_Witness · 9m
Reading between the lines it sounds like they're trying to flush interest out, like with that recent Arsenal story in O Jogo too.
Sport Witness @Sport_Witness · 8m
Record say Manchester United, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Valencia all interested in Carvalho.
Sport Witness @Sport_Witness · 5m
Interesting part is that Record say 'this newspaper knows it (fee) will never be less than 25m Euros' - Sounds like price is tumbling.

When I said he would go for less than his release clause I was scoffed at. Sporting are deep in debt and need to sell Carvalho. They won't get his release clause from anyone their hand gets weaker as the window dwindles.

Barzul

I don't think he has the right attitude to cut it at the top. There's a reason he was never given a chance at Chelsea and that Mourinho preferred to have Ba and Torres around instead of him.

sohois

never expected to read a post like this from you of all people!

I don't need to bother delving into more complicated metrics; no one does to know that a team that finishes 17 points above their nearest rivals with an absurd 102 points total is overwhelming favourite to win again

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
anigif_original-grid-image-15060-1406195635-6.gif

queen
When I said he would go for less than his release clause I was scoffed at. Sporting are deep in debt and need to sell Carvalho. They won't get his release clause from anyone their hand gets weaker as the window dwindles.

Did Sports UNDERSCORE Witness say anything about Vidal? Juventini need lessons in Italian from premfaces again

Jarnet87

Not sure United is really interested in Carvalho. It was rumored he was a big target of ours and that we had sown it up. van Gaal gave the green light for Shaw and Herrera, if he said okay to Carvalho wouldn't we have just paid his buyout clause or close to it (like we did with Herrera). Makes me think van Gaal didn't want him, or we haven't been in for him since the beginning.

Tc91

Greg O'Keeffe ‏@GregOK - Liverpool Echo's Everton F.C. correspondent. 5m
Confirmed. #Everton have completed a five-year deal for #Romelu Lukaku. Club will announce signing tonight. Massive coup for the Blues

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 10s
Everton's entire summer transfer strategy was built around signing Romelu Lukaku. Their patience has paid off. Deal done.

Great signing.

I don't think he has the right attitude to cut it at the top. There's a reason he was never given a chance at Chelsea and that Mourinho preferred to have Ba and Torres around instead of him.

Ba was off to you though, Lukaku was definitely going to be a big starter last season and then he bottled it after the Super Cup.

Such a shame but we're selling for big money again which is good for us.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
1Dn9vyp.jpg

I have never

In my life

I'm going half Bla

Its not the same I know but imagine playing the AI on FUT in div 1 and having every game be 15-20 shots to me 2 to them and at least one goal for them. The accuracy of the ai is broken.

Chelsea now have an extra 24m to dip into the market again ffs.

We currently have 1 more player than we can register in the team (that are foreign) so at the moment we won't be dipping into the market unless we can shift some players.

Torres, Mikel and unfortunately Cech are the ones being linked elsewhere

I need FootyGaf's trusted wisdom

Credit card or no credit card?

How good are you with money? Can you trust yourself not to go crazy if you get a big credit limit?

If you do get one make sure you shop around and get one with a good 0% on new purchases, you'll probably get over a year if you look around.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't need to bother delving into more complicated metrics; no one does to know that a team that finishes 17 points above their nearest rivals with an absurd 102 points total is overwhelming favourite to win again

I can't find Hornscastle's article on our season, but the 102 points is deceiving (and a MASSIVE achievement). We suffered and fought in every single game and Roma's collapse before the finishing line helped make us look better than we were.

Allegri is not capable of inspiring and pushing the troops like Conte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom