• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not the same I know but imagine playing the AI on FUT in div 1 and having every game be 15-20 shots to me 2 to them and at least one goal for them. The accuracy of the ai is broken.

That's what you get for playing the AI. I've probably played about 3 games against the AI since Fifa 08

What is DRS?

Decision Referral System (or Review).

Basically if a batsman is given out they can appeal the decision and the 3rd umpire will use technology like hot spot (shows if the ball hit the bat, pad, gloves etc), real-time snicko (listens to sounds around the bat etc), hawk-eye (LBW calls) or just video replays to see if they were actually out or not.

Bowling team can also appeal if something is given not out and get the decision overturned.

I don't think they will, but I'd be worried to be honest. If Costa gets injured, their back ups are 36 year old Drogba and dead Torres.

Supposedly, we're interesting in Cavani...

Fintan

It is pretty challenging getting to div1 while it cheats, its like a challenge, i enjoy it :D
Yeah, I dunno. The cheating/rubber banding aspect of it I just find annoying. And there's no variety in the way they play. Most of the time you know exactly what they're going to do, but still can't really stop them on higher difficulties.

Meier

Debit card. It's how you spend money you actually have.
It's such an amazing hassle if someone gets access to your card though. Credit cards are the only way (not to mention the bonus points). All CC all the time. Haven't carried my debit card actively in years.

Ingeniero

I need FootyGaf's trusted wisdom

Credit card or no credit card?
I don't know how things work in the UK, but thanks to my credit card and my good record I was able to qualify for a loan to buy my apartment. It also helped me get a US Visa.

I use it wisely and had no problems so far, and amassed a lot of miles by using it.
If you are responsible then you should go for it.
GL

Salvadora

It's such an amazing hassle if someone gets access to your card though. Credit cards are the only way (not to mention the bonus points). All CC all the time. Haven't carried my debit card actively in years.
That isn't really a problem with chip and pin, like we use in the UK.

So Lukaku is definitely leaving?

Sell Cech/Mikel/Torres, buy Pogba. DO IT JOSE

As much as i'd love Pogba, with Cesc being in the pivot with Matic do we really need him? For the price he'd command, that is

Unless we use 4-3-3 (or I'm mistaking Pogba's position) but then that would give us far too many attacking options for 2 positions.

Khedira would be more likely due to cost i'd think but at the moment we could also sell Romeu but I think Jose wants to keep him. Obviously i'd pick Pogba over Romeu but as I said, factoring in cost, likelihood etc...

Meier

That isn't really a problem with chip and pin, like we use in the UK.
Frauds have somehow figured out a way to clone cards and get your pin here in the States (happened to me years ago) so I was thinking they had figured out how to do it even with the chip/pin system. It's only a matter of time if they haven't yet.

It took a police report and like 2+ months to get the few thousand dollars they stole from me. With a CC, they can just wipe it out in no time flat. Banks won't do that here. They make you suffer. :(

Mindwipe

Frauds have somehow figured out a way to clone cards and get your pin here in the States (happened to me years ago) so I was thinking they had figured out how to do it even with the chip/pin system. It's only a matter of time if they haven't yet.

I had my chip card cloned and someone got my pin. This was in no way related to me being slightly distracted and not covering the pad properly in a strip club. As if my wife wasn't angry enough about the money spent that night as is.

Relatively happy about Lukaku signing for us. Just hope he stays fit after all this...

Salvadora

Interesting that the whole argument about what Everton would do without the loans is void now.

They have signed the two most important ones.

As much as i'd love Pogba, with Cesc being in the pivot with Matic do we really need him? For the price he'd command, that is

Unless we use 4-3-3 (or I'm mistaking Pogba's position) but then that would give us far too many attacking options for 2 positions.

Yuuuuuup.

My ideal lineup would be something like
Fabregas - Matic - Pogba
Hazard - Costa - Schurrle

Oscar and Willian can get benched or sold

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

It took a police report and like 2+ months to get the few thousand dollars they stole from me. With a CC, they can just wipe it out in no time flat. Banks won't do that here. They make you suffer. :(

They are always warning people to be careful when entering their number in shops and stuff because people might be watching but I've never heard of anyone actually cracking the PIN system. It seems pretty secure and the banks here are good (in my experience anyway) about stopping fraudulent transactions.

Carbonox

Interesting that the whole argument about what Everton would do without the loans is void now.

They have signed the two most important ones.

Was about to say the same thing. Plus a new contract for Barkley and it's been a great Summer for Everton given their usual reserved nature. Wonder who else they will go for now.

Gary Lineker ✔ @GaryLineker

Like what Everton are doing. Lukaku set to sign, Barry signed, Barkley extension and Besic is a good addition.

Yuuuuuup.

My ideal lineup would be something like
Fabregas - Matic - Pogba
Hazard - Costa - Schurrle

Oscar and Willian can get benched or sold

That is not to say we couldn't rotate between the two formations as the matches suited I guess which is something we could do quite easily

Hixx

Christian Atsu on loan to Sunderland
Luis Pedro Cavanda on a perm to Sunderland

wtzgU.gif

Good for Lukaku, amazing for Chelsea. He'll probably have a few seasons with 15-20 goals for Everton, think it's the right level for him.

Chelsea will need another striker, since Torres is on his way out aswell. Drogba as the lone cover for Diego Costa won't be enough. Can see why they want Miranda though, Zouma probably will go on loan.

Didn't a lot of people think that Roberto Martinez was lucky last season due to his loan signings and they would drop off this season? Fuck Moyes. Martinez getting it done.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Good for Lukaku, amazing for Chelsea. He'll probably have a few seasons with 15-20 goals for Everton, think it's the right level for him.

Chelsea will need another striker, since Torres is on his way out aswell. Drogba as the lone cover for Diego Costa won't be enough. Can see why they want Miranda though, Zouma probably will go on loan.

Is Torres really on his way out? Who would pay any money for him? Even on a loan they'd have to pay his massive wage. I doubt he goes anywhere, he's another David Bentley. He's given up and will retire once his contract runs out.

Barzul

That is not to say we couldn't rotate between the two formations as the matches suited I guess which is something we could do quite easily

Can you still send out invites for the preview program? You sent me one awhile back and I thought I'd redeemed it, but I guess I hadn't and I can't find the code in my messages on Xbox.com

Carbonox

Wonder if Everton will sign another winger to replace Deulofeu. He did some good things for them too albeit not consistently but will most likely stay with Barcelona now. If they can get someone more consistent to go with Mirallas and Lukaku in the front 3, they'd be pretty complete and a good shout for top 6 again (though they already are for me). I'd put money on them over Spurs easily.

Fintan

Was about to say the same thing. Plus a new contract for Barkley and it's been a great Summer for Everton given their usual reserved nature. Wonder who else they will go for now.

They must have depleted a huge proportion of their budget on Lukaku, it'll be interesting to see if they even have much left to spend.

Carbonox

They must have depleted a huge proportion of their budget on Lukaku, it'll be interesting to see if they even have much left to spend.

That's a fair point. No doubt the TV/placement money made them splash the cash for Lukaku. Besic and Barry are your more typical small-scale Everton signings. Their next signing will probably be along the lines of them or a loan of some good upcoming player.

Can you still send out invites for the preview program? You sent me one awhile back and I thought I'd redeemed it, but I guess I hadn't and I can't find the code in my messages on Xbox.com

Yeh you can, do you want me to do it again?

Remind me of your gamer tag and i'll do it now! Are you intending to do EA Access, out of curiosity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom