• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm satisfied with Lukaku moving to Everton. He must have made it clear he wasn't interested in competing for a place with us, so Everton is a perfect landing spot. I would rather Astu be loaned to them too over Sunderland.

We've sold quite of a few players this year and all of our signings have been nothing but upgrades. Hopefully that happens one more time now that we have additional house money to play with.

Or Mourinho wasn't going to give him a proper chance and he wanted first team football. Which a person with his talent and age should be getting at this stage to develop further.

jtb

Banned
Lukaku for 30m is a brilliant buy and a fair price for someone who should be a 20 goal a season striker for the next decade.

but obviously no point in us buying him just so he can be a backup for Giroud.

Salvadora

But that doesn't matter?

Wolfsburg is a club that gets like 90% of its money from VW. They haven't sold a big player this summer and spending 45m+ would have been "unfair".
Unfair on who? He's certain to have an insane resale value in a couple of years and he would help them achieve Champions League. 24m is really not that much money in today's market.

jtb

Banned
Mou's not in charge of transfers at Chelsea. they've shown they can and will sell at the right price, especially if the player isn't wanted.

anyways, if Mou doesn't rate Lukaku, then surely sending him to a title rival will only hurt their chances.

Why would he be backup though for Giroud?

because Wenger's love affair with Giroud shows no signs of abating now

Danchi

Mou's not in charge of transfers at Chelsea. they've shown they can and will sell at the right price, especially if the player isn't wanted.

anyways, if Mou doesn't rate Lukaku, then surely sending him to a title rival will only hurt their chances.

Ba.

omgkitty

How did Shaw get chubby?

nandos.jpg

wedward

Demba Ba though.

jtb

Banned

Ba was a short term loan that would not help Chelsea (and potentially hurt, given the lack of striking cover) but could help Arsenal. 30m is a much larger incentive than a tiny loan fee.

the lesson from Ba should be: don't do panic business on deadline day because clubs won't be able to spend the money you give them

I think Jose is certainly the person who gets final say. He has come back, sold Mata, KdB, David Luiz and now Lukaku, I doubt the club would have sanctioned that without his say so and I suspect that all except KdB would still be at the club if we had a different manager.

Things had to change for us, they brought him back and there was no point doing that if he wasn't going to get the team he wanted. He would only be unhappy and leave plus they want to win the title again which won't happen if we keep shifting managers.

its not ffp that works that way, but accounting. you amortize ovrr the length of the contract because the transfer of a player is not a loss; it is, as the name implies, a transfer, of value from one store (cash) to another (an asset).

I know how accountancy works I used to be a trainee accountant and did my degree in it :p I was just trying to avoid a discussion about accountancy which most people find boring, hehe

LNBL

Realllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hope we get Defour from Porto, make it happen Brands.

Tomorrow we play vs SKN St. Pölten for EL qualification, no Depay and Wijnaldum yet. (Arias is back)

912b7949-63ab-4ad5-87da-5eafb49bc150_Training30714-4683.jpg

8562dce2-5429-469c-8f38-e922294524ff_Training30714-4684.jpg

Unfair on who? He's certain to have an insane resale value in a couple of years and he would help them achieve Champions League.
Towards all clubs that earn their success through competent management and a great eye for talents?

We don't like rich companies/people buying a club success in Germany. Wolfsburg, Hoffenheim, Leverkusen, Lepizig, etc are hated by most football fans. You should understand that as Arsenal fan.

Elchele

€40M+ for Lukaku? :lol I would pay that for Lewa and nobody (striker) else. I don't think Wolfsburg could afford to spend that much money on him.

Abraxas

I think the debate on who arsenal will buy comes down to:

4-2-3-1

Vs.

4-1-1-3-1

The first is of course our current midfield setup: two holding mids, with style changing based on who is on the park.
The second scraps that in favor of a single out and out DM, and then the box-to-box midfielder infront of him, who can help özil or track back with the DM. For the second formation, how many out and out DM's of good quality are there? Verratti and pogba aren't that player, despite what many believe, javi martinez won't come, busquets is a shit, khedira is too on/off. Finally, we get wilshere, who has all the attributes to be a great real holding midfielder, but lacks the discipline to do it.
I truly believe the 4-1-1-3-1 is the formation wenger wants, but lacks the player to do it. If we buy a midfielder, especially a young one, wenger is giving up on this.

First half 0-0, Dnipro looks really fucking dangerous on set pieces and we keep hacking them down around our area for some reason. Please someone buy Konoplyanka before our return match.

Anyone going to watch the vitesse - chelsea match? I feel a big score like 0-5 is going to happen.

I will watch the second half, when Copenhagen is done.

wedward

4-2-3-1

Vs.

4-1-1-3-1

The first is of course our current midfield setup: two holding mids, with style changing based on who is on the park.
The second scraps that in favor of a single out and out DM, and then the box-to-box midfielder infront of him, who can help özil or track back with the DM. For the second formation, how many out and out DM's of good quality are there? Verratti and pogba aren't that player, despite what many believe, javi martinez won't come, busquets is a shit, khedira is too on/off. Finally, we get wilshere, who has all the attributes to be a great real holding midfielder, but lacks the discipline to do it.
I truly believe the 4-1-1-3-1 is the formation wenger wants, but lacks the player to do it. If we buy a midfielder, especially a young one, wenger is giving up on this.

We don't really play 4231. Ramsey isn't a holding mid.

omgkitty

4-2-3-1

Vs.

4-1-1-3-1

Buy Pogba, play a 4-2-3-1 with Ramsey and Pogba acting as a fulcrum. Profit?

4-2-3-1

Vs.

4-1-1-3-1

Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom