• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll see if it changes when real TV money starts to rolling in for the Bundesliga.

Don't see how it would change much unless DFL starts copying La Liga's model :lol

Would make it harder for teams coming from the 2nd Bundesliga, obviously. But the likes of Augsburg, Fürth, Braunschweig or Paderborn already have a lot less to spend, anyway. One year of huge Bundesliga money might even improve them in the long run, even if they get relegated again instantly.

K1LLER7

Back from the Assessment Centre.

Such a tiring day. Wasn't as intense as I thought it'd be. Met some cool people, 1 United fan, 1 Chelsea fan and 1 who liked to brag about everything.

-----

Lukaku to Everton :O

Good for both clubs.

L1NETT

But realistically speaking, it's really sad to see how many fans of lower quality english clubs see that a take over by a rich guy is the only way to achieve success in EPL. And they hope they get bought by someone like that. Don't know, I would hate that to happen to any club I follow.

Name a single club who wants that

How many my arse

Salvadora

That's why I put unfair in quotation marks, you mango.

There's a lot that's "unfair" in modern football. But I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about a club net spending 45m that has been gifted by VW while the average Bundesliga club has like 5m to spend. Might be normal for premfaces but it isn't in the Bundesliga. It would have been ridiculous as fuck and whether or not it would have been a good investment doesn't matter. That is all I wanted to say but thanks for making a whole sequence of shit discussion out of it.
Mich, you make any discussion with you shit.

TrueBlue

Guess Lukaku not turning up confirms he is going to Everton, also nice to see Costa pass it in that situation instead of just shooting.

Argh.

We need to invest in another striker then. Having an old Drogba and Torres as backup to Costa doesn't sound all that great.

Shame, I really wanted us to keep him.

TrueBlue

Maybe Bamford will stick around now.

As much as I'd like to see that happen, I'm not convinced Mou will do so. It's a minor miracle that Baker, Ake and Christensen are apparently set for the first team. Furthermore, Bamford has never truly played at PL level. Might be too much of a risk for Mou to consider.

Fintan

Haven't there already been loan offers, Mourinho confirming he is going on loan and reports Boro are close to getting him?

The Wolves rumours did die down admittedly
Yeah, he did mention Bamford along with Chalobah and Swift as players likely to be loaned. Outside possibility that Lukaku leaving changed those plans, but yeah, probably going on loan.

L1NETT

"love is the only thing that transcends time and space."

gotta love that vintage Nolan writing. way too much Anne Hathaway, way too little Jessica Chastain. but the visuals look impressive

Isn't like near an exact line from The Fountain?

Right me remembering wrong but I do have memories of Hugh Jackman waffling on about love and time and this and that and why is this movie so long

Yeah, he did mention Bamford along with Chalobah and Swift as players likely to be loaned. Outside possibility that Lukaku leaving changed those plans, but yeah, probably going on loan.

It might have done, I hope Bamford at least gets a shot

Probably won't, but oh well.

If they are quietly confident he could be of use to us in the future i'd think its better to ensure he's get matches at his age

Fintan

If they are quietly confident he could be of use to us in the future i'd think its better to ensure he's get matches at his age
Assuming Bamford does leave, do you reckon we'll go into the season with just Torres, Drogba and Costa? Or do you see more changes coming with regards to the strikers?

Assuming Bamford does leave, do you reckon we'll go into the season with just Torres, Drogba and Costa? Or do you see more changes coming with regards to the strikers?

Jose will do everything humanely possible to get rid of Torres and sooner or later we will cave on something to get rid if we don't get what we want.

Supposedly we're keen on Cavani but I think we need to sell before that happens again (Torres, Mikel) and even then I think the transfer would include Cech going to PSG

We will have another striker next season, won't be Torres imo unless we really can't shift him

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Cardiff gets more (twice!) TV money than Bayern. It's really amazing to think how shit EPL teams really are when you consider that. english football lol
It's alright though because you're pulling a PSG by buying your own shirts anyway
https://vine.co/v/ME1zwHpI2we

Fabregas goal.

When am I going to wake up from this nightmare?
Fuck your ex, it doesn't matter what s..he's doing now. Focus on your Chilean supermodel bb 😘

Full head of hair too innit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom