• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
the difference between all these 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 formations is so overstated. either you play with a midfield 3 or you play with a midfield 2. we, like every other team in Europe, play with a midfield 3. tactically, it's just a numbers game.

Wenger hasn't had a quality DM since Gilberto Silva. So who knows what he's looking for in a midfielder.

Wilshere has none of the qualities to be a good holding midfielder. For one, he's comically flimsy and weak. And that's in addition to the fact that he spends more time rolling on the floor whining to the ref than he actually does protecting the back four.

Salvadora

Towards all clubs that earn their success through competent management and a great eye for talents?

We don't like rich companies/people buying a club success in Germany. Wolfsburg, Hoffenheim, Leverkusen, Lepizig, etc are hated by most football fans. You should understand that as Arsenal fan.
What?

I'm an Arsenal fan but I'm not naive enough to think that "fairness" means anything in the race to the top.

fMVptLp.jpg

Conclusion to this : most of those players weren't lucky enough to play in the fucking Belgian league. :p

Obviously it's impressive what he has done, but Ariel Jacobs playing him from he was like 16 at Anderlect makes it not really comparable to many of the others on the list, who were still playing u18 football and reserve leagues for many of those years.

cilonen

Nice... All according to keikaku.

Lukaku has a quiet World Cup and looks poor enough for no major players to be interested leaving Chelsea sending him our way for a fair fee without the price being hiked in a bidding war with another team.

Kenwright / Martinez genius at work.

3Sixty

Conclusion to this : most of those players weren't lucky enough to play in the fucking Belgian league. :p

Obviously it's impressive what he has done, but Ariel Jacobs playing him from he was like 16 at Anderlect makes it not really comparable to many of the others on the list, who were still playing u18 football and reserve leagues for many of those years.

Not to mention most of those goals in the Belgian league were score by an actual 24 year old Lukaku.

Cech; Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Cahill, Filipe Luis; Van Ginkel, Fábregas, Matic, Salah; Costa, Torres

This team starting to shape up now! Van Ginkel has looked pretty damn good, hope he gets a big role in the team this season, such a shame with his injury last year.

Not to mention most of those goals in the Belgian league were score by an actual 24 year old Lukaku.

Yeah all those Belgian passport cheaters.

El Topo

are Wolfsburg the only Bundesliga club not partially owned by fans (or however the ownership structure works)?

As far as I know, every club has to keep the majority of votes, s.t. the influence of owners is limited. The (capital of the) club however doesn't have to be owned in majority by fans.
Wolfsburg and Leverkusen are the exceptions to that, as there is a special clause in the rule (50+1 rule) for companies with a very long involvement.

are Wolfsburg the only Bundesliga club not partially owned by fans (or however the ownership structure works)?

Wolfsburg, Hoffenheim and Leverkusen are the clubs that aren't "traditional" and kind of have an owner, on paper every club is fine though.

But VW is the only one who's investing a shitload of money. Bayer isn't involved with the club that much anymore and the club is working fairly independent. Hoffenheim as well, Hopp has reduced his spendings a lot, but Hoffenheim is just madly average and should fuck off.

As a Dortmund fan, I knew you would understand.

lol

What's your problem? I was just making the point that a fan of Arsenal, which is pretty much the only big club left in England without a guy that spends money for the club, should see how it sucks that clubs win titles because some rich guy is wasting money. Guess I was wrong, sorry for that, being an Arsenal fan must have killed your feelings.

Salvadora

lol

What's your problem? I was just making the point that a fan of Arsenal, which is pretty much the only big club left in England without a guy that spends money for the club, should see how it sucks that clubs win titles because some rich guy is wasting money. Guess I was wrong, sorry for that, being an Arsenal fan must have killed your feelings.
Because it's incredibly unrealistic and borderline living in a fairytale to expect clubs to behave based on "fairness" rather than financial gain and on the field success.

Do I like clubs using sugar daddies to do that? Of course not. But it's the world we live in.

I'm not sure why you always feel the need to get personal and then ask what my problem is :lol.

jtb

Banned
Knew a guy like this in high school. He was terrible at basketball. Sometimes having the height doesn't mean anything. Look how super awkward he is. He looks like he's gonna fall over at any second.

He's so lanky too. He might get early success but I have to imagine that such an awkward build, at such a young age, is doing a number on his knees. Big men already have a horrific attrition rate in the NBA, I'd worry for his health in the future.

Holee shit. what the fuck, why?

For supporting the team they are playing against I assume. Helps that they haven't seperated the supporters at all I guess, or they managed to break through somewhere, no idea. This is Copenhagens guy who is working for the club, removing the banners as everyone left the stands... and ...

arncnt.gif

xstorl.gif

Copenhagen supporters has had to escape into the player tunnel.... That kind of security should get them thrown out surely.

3Sixty

Boy gotta put on some size, play that post.

I was mean on the low post at bball last nice. Hitting sky hooks like my last name was Abdul-Jabbar

For supporting the team they are playing against I assume. Helps that they haven't seperated the supporters at all I guess, or they managed to break through somewhere, no idea. This is Copenhagens guy who is working for the club, removing the banners as everyone left the stands... and ...

arncnt.gif

xstorl.gif

Copenhagen supporters has had to escape into the player tunnel.... That kind of security should get them thrown out surely.

Damn. I assume UEFA/FIFA are going to come down strict on these fucks.

sohois

33 of Lukaku's goals came in the Belgian league; 23 for Aguero came from Argentina and I guess all of Neymar's came from Brazil - though Brazil is probably a higher standard than those leagues.

Rooney and Messi are the 2 who actually played in top leagues right from the off. And in any case, there is an even better record than them not too long ago: Robbie Fowler, who had ~65 goals before 21, all in the PL

Ingeniero

arncnt.gif

xstorl.gif

What??
Fucking hell....

arncnt.gif

xstorl.gif

That's ridiculous. What cunts.

Elchele

Because it's incredibly unrealistic and borderline living in a fairytale to expect clubs to behave based on "fairness" rather than financial gain and on the field success.

Do I like clubs using sugar daddies to do that? Of course not. But it's the world we live in.

I'm not sure why you always feel the need to get personal and then ask what my problem is :lol.

That's why Bundesliga is great.

But realistically speaking, it's really sad to see how many fans of lower quality english clubs see that a take over by a rich guy is the only way to achieve success in EPL. And they hope they get bought by someone like that. Don't know, I would hate that to happen to any club I follow.

jtb

Banned
He was injured for half the season and then some. I think he'll have a big year this season. Wilshere too, providing they stay fit which shouldn't be a problem with Shad part of our staff now.

Ox hasn't really featured as much as he probably should. he doesn't have a reputation of being injury prone but he does seem a bit fragile. and it's always worrying when someone spends a lot of time out injured at a young age.

That's why Bundesliga is great.

But realistically speaking, it's really sad to see how many fans of lower quality english clubs see that a take over by a rich guy is the only way to achieve success in EPL. And they hope they get bought by someone like that. Don't know, I would hate that to happen to any club I follow.

We'll see if it changes when real TV money starts to rolling in for the Bundesliga.

Barzul

Ox hasn't really featured as much as he probably should. he doesn't have a reputation of being injury prone but he does seem a bit fragile. and it's always worrying when someone spends a lot of time out injured at a young age.

His injury was an impact one though against Villa wasn't it? I think he'll be fine. Our current training methods can't have helped much.

That's why I put unfair in quotation marks, you mango.

There's a lot that's "unfair" in modern football. But I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about a club net spending 45m that has been gifted by VW while the average Bundesliga club has like 5m to spend. Might be normal for premfaces but it isn't in the Bundesliga. It would have been ridiculous as fuck and whether or not it would have been a good investment doesn't matter. That is all I wanted to say but thanks for making a whole sequence of shit discussion out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom