• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

Man, it's going to be rough on BVB fans seeing Lewa, Reus and Gotze all at Bayern.

RVP to United was bad. Cesc to Chelsea was bad. Nasri at City was bad.

Imagine RVP, Cesc and Nasri all at United.

Danchi

But if he says he's not going to sign a new contract and they can get 40m now instead of 27m or 35m or whatever the fuck it is next summer, they might take it. It could all be
probably is
bullshit though. I think we go for it next summer regardless though. Throw whatever it takes at him.

They let Lewa go for nothing when they could have gotten €20m the year before. Doubt they'll care about possibly losing €13m.

Salvadora

Would make sense for them to sell now though.

Worst case for them is that Bayern activate the clause next summer and he goes.

If the release clause is 35 they can't really ask for much more than that.
To sell a WC player? They would be well within their rights to ask for more than that given that it doesn't apply until 2015. Bayern will win regardless of having Reus, so I can't imagine they would care too much except for the egg on their face. And given that he undoubtedly wants to go there, it's a bit fruitless trying to sell him to us

LividAccomplishedIvorybackedwoodswallow.gif

He controls the ball while sliding. Holee shit

Barzul

Yeah, I don't believe that Reus story in any way. Seems the only link he has with us is the German players and Rosicky, lol.

We were interested when he moved from Mochengladbach. Didn't path cash then though as we were skint. It's not hard to believe that we'd still have wanted him. But we're diving into what if territory right now.

wedward

To sell a WC player? They would be well within their rights to ask for more than that given that it doesn't apply until 2015. Bayern will win regardless of having Reus, so I can't imagine they would care too much except for the egg on their face. And given that he undoubtedly wants to go there, it's a bit fruitless trying to sell him to us

Not really. You are BVB, which option is better

A.) Sell to Arsenal for 40

B.) Sell to Bayern for 35

Of course they care about how it looks.

Elchele

why are Feyenoord so shit, bacon?

It's not up to the club, like in Lewa case, he'll choose what club he wants to join. Why would he move to Arsenal, that would be a step backwards in his career. Barcelona, RM, Bayern, Chelsea, etc are the most likely destinations if he decides to leave next summer

We were interested when he moved from Mochengladbach. Didn't path cash then though as we were skint. It's not hard to believe that we'd still have wanted him. But we're diving into what if territory right now.

Reus chose between BVB and Bayern in 2012, he was extremely close to signing for Bayern. Arsenal's chances of signing him back then were very slim, even if you had had money.

Looking at both Barca and Real's squad, it's pretty safe to say that Reus' decision in 2015 won't be different. BVB or Bayern, slight chance for Chelsea because there's his buddy Andre.

Barzul

Reus chose between BVB and Bayern in 2012, he was extremely close to signing for Bayern. Arsenal's chances of signing him back then were very slim, even if you had had money.

Looking at both Barca and Real's squad, it's pretty safe to say that Reus' decision in 2015 won't be different. BVB or Bayern, slight chance for Chelsea because there's his buddy Andre.

Oh no didn't say we stood a chance. Just that we were interested.

Danchi

To Bayern...

It's like how Arsenal were willing to sell for less to Juve. It looks horrible selling to your rival.

WHY WENGER? WHYYYYY?

Every big club in the world will be trying to make room for Reus next summer. If he's only interested in joining Bayern, though, that's it. He'll refuse everyone this year and just wait until Bayern activate the clause.

wedward

Yes, probably. But I think you're underestimating how much they would value another season for him at.

Depends I guess. Maybe they would have spent that 40 this summer on a replacement.

Hard to say really. I think Klopp knows they aren't going to be able to win the league.

Either way it's kind of pointless discussing. Good chance it's not true and even if it is, he turned us down.

Don't think we have a chance next summer. Although if Reus goes to Bayern that means...

DRAXULA TO ARSENAL.

Barzul

Every big club in the world will be trying to make room for Reus next summer. If he's only interested in joining Bayern, though, that's it. He'll refuse everyone this year and just wait until Bayern activate the clause.

Why wouldn't he? Majority of his NT teammates. Squad full of CL and WC winners. Amazing manager and they're probably going to win the CL again in the next 3 years. Arsenal can't compete with that. Not yet anyways.

I thought you were leaving?

Have to kill another 30 minutes and I'm even less excited to study :D

The best option is to keep Reus, not risk our attack being shit after Lewandowski's departure and not giving a shit about what happens next year or not.

wedward

why are Feyenoord so shit, bacon?

It's not up to the club, like in Lewa case, he'll choose what club he wants to join. Why would he move to Arsenal, that would be a step backwards in his career. Barcelona, RM, Bayern, Chelsea, etc are the most likely destinations if he decides to leave next summer

I know. I said I don't think Reus would ever come to Arsenal.

Depends I guess. Maybe they would have spent that 40 this summer on a replacement.

Hard to say really. I think Klopp knows they aren't going to be able to win the league.

Selling Reus was simply not considered because why should we? He's the German standout player and just joined two years ago. Add that selling Reus willingly after Lewa's departure would have been a PR nightmare.

I think people underestimate our chances to keep Reus. He's born and raised here in Dortmund, played in our youth team and picked us over Bayern before. Also, the Lewandowski-Götze-Reus "friendship" is more than people make of it. He's just as good, maybe even better, with Großkreutz, Hummels and some others.

Sure, he might still go to Bayern for various reasons but for BVB, it's not as simple as "sell him now to X or lose him to Bayern next year.". Klopp will try his best to get Reus to stay.

sohois

There is either a rather weird practical joke going on at RAWK, or Liverpool are back in for Konoplyanka.

Wouldn't be surprised if it were true, despite the source. Was just wondering if Liverpool might reignite their interest in him or Yarmoleno as an attacking option.

wedward

"Love is the only thing that transcends time and space" is definitely corny, but it fits with the feeling the trailers have been going for.

Nolan is just incredibly overt with his themes.

He is a blockbuster director but people hold him to higher standards than other blockbuster directors.

There is either a rather weird practical joke going on at RAWK, or Liverpool are back in for Konoplyanka.

Wouldn't be surprised if it were true, despite the source. Was just wondering if Liverpool might reignite their interest in him or Yarmoleno as an attacking option.

Have to send Ibe on loan if that happens

L1NETT

Good move for Lukaku's career that. Guaranteed a lot of minutes. Smart kid.

Really good move for Everton too.

--

Just found out Neil Maskell (avatar, Arby from Utopia) supports Arsenal....

Goddammit

Nobody's perfect

omgkitty

DC ‏@DeanLDN22 4m

As far as I know, we wanted both Reus and Sanchez. Reus obviously wasn't sold on it earlier in the summer. Could change. #afc

3727390-1171196867-23243.gif

ndtslowmo_5004051_GIFSoup.com_.gif

One of you is actually Dean and you're trolling me right? Like I'm on a hidden camera show or something.

jtb

Banned
DEAN is not a troll, just an idiot and an attention whore. I give trolls more credit

I'm so sorry freewheelin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom