• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

Just looked at transfermarkt and Podolski is worth 23 million euros . Damn we should sell him to Monaco as a James replacement.

In FIFA 14, I always change Podolski's position from LM where he's a 77 to a ST where he's an 82 and then sell him for like 20m and then buy Griezmann.

Fabregas looks terrible!

BtFz6LHIEAAywKA.jpg:large

Fabregas needs some Rooney's magic hair.

Carbonox

Looking to either get back in to TV shows I dropped or watch old ones I never got round to watching. Not looking to start something brand new altogether right now.

That brings me to the following that interest me in varying ways:

Boardwalk Empire (started season 4 but never finished it as I wasn't hooked like I was with the previous amazing seasons)
The Walking Dead (got up to half way through season 3)
Person of Interest (started season 3 but fell off the boat - Root's a fucking shit character)
The Wire (never started but the overwhelming love for the show definitely intrigues me)
Deadwood (I hear good things about this)
Mad Men (watched the first few episodes of season 1 and it was pretty interesting but for some reason didn't stick around)
House of Cards (looks like a good show going off of the promotional stuff on TV)

Feel free to recommend other stuff. I still need to finish The Sopranos but I'm going to wait until the Blu-Ray boxset is out later in the year. Thank fuck that's been announced after all this time.

Most player don't want to play for Monaco despite the money according to L'Equipe. Podolski a World cup winner could help increase their pull imo. Maybe but not as a James replacement but they did sell that French striker Riviere.

wedward

Looking to either get back in to TV shows I dropped or watch old ones I never got round to watching. Not looking to start something brand new altogether right now.

That brings me to the following that interest me in varying ways:

Boardwalk Empire (started season 4 but never finished it as I wasn't hooked like I was with the previous amazing seasons)
The Walking Dead (got up to half way through season 3)
Person of Interest (started season 3 but fell off the boat - Root's a fucking shit character)
The Wire (never started but the overwhelming love for the show definitely intrigues me)
Deadwood (I hear good things about this)
Mad Men (watched the first few episodes of season 1 and it was pretty interesting but for some reason didn't stick around)
House of Cards (looks like a good show going off of the promotional stuff on TV)

Feel free to recommend other stuff. I still need to finish The Sopranos but I'm going to wait until the Blu-Ray boxset is out later in the year. Thank fuck that's been announced after all this time.

Mad Men or The Wire. Mad Men first so you can be caught up for the finale.

El Topo

Sam ‏@samuelJayC 9m

Klopp confirms Reus & Hummels both staying with #bvb this season. Labels Man Utd £20m Hummels rumours as "garbage".

I really hope the rumor is true. Imagine their reaction if someone at United said "about two thirds of what we paid for Luke Shaw".

jtb

Banned
Podolski is shit.

the problem with our striking crisis is that Wenger seems insistent on our striker being in Giroud's mold. do I think Podolski is a better striker than Giroud? no, but he offers something different. he obviously can't hold the ball up but he can finish. but since Wenger won't play Podolski up front as more of a poacher type, he contributes literally nothing to this side playing on the wing other than being a defensive liability.

and he's definitely a better striker than Sanogo, but Wenger still prefers Sanogo up front because he plays like a shittier version of Giroud (if that's even possible)

Dat world cup boost. Just look at transfermarkt even Ozil went up in value.

I can't see any team paying more than 5m for him.

Mohamed Moallim ‏@iammoallim 12m
Cristiano, Bale + Rodríguez cost Real Madrid around €265M: more than what Ajax have spent on transfers (€232M) since their founding in 1900.

Damn really puts things in perspective.

Carbonox

What about Masters of Sex, Carbo?

Never put much thought in to that one. Will have to look in to it some more.

Mad Men or The Wire. Mad Men first so you can be caught up for the finale.

I was kind of leaning more towards Boardwalk Empire on the basis that the next season will be the final one. That way it's 'completed' if you will as I only have to finish off season 4 and I'm up to date off the bat.

Then again, many of the shows I'm interested in are 5/6 season affairs for the most part so it will be a long and arduous process regardless.

I'm on S1 EP7 of sons of anarchy and I like it.

The mom pisses me off.

That's another show that interests me too based on my friends' viewpoints. Maybe further down the line.

I guess the goal is to get a show or two done before Boardwalk Empire's final season starts up at the beginning of September (if I do return to it prior). Arrow and The Flash start up in a few months too so soon I'll be rammed with TV shows.

noal

Banned
Wes someone had to do it. Someone had to take all Footy GAF's sins. Someone had to take the punishment. I'm a father figure for Footy GAF. I have taken all of Opium's and Father Noah's lessons into consideration when I acted.

But there were more lessons to come suen baby!

But good job. The sun shines in your favour it seems.

Salvadora

Morata has suffered a knee injury in training according to Di Marzio and could be out for up to 40 days.

Bad news keeps coming for Juve :(

omgkitty

What I would do to get Reus to Munich.

Take anyone you'd like, Dortmund. 2 for 1. Manuel Neuer not included.

The thing about Reus and Hummels is that Dortmund aren't just going to sell them. They don't really have a reason to do so, and they don't really need the money. In order to get them, someone's going to have to convince the players to leave first. Some people think there's gonna be a bidding war next summer for Reus because of this mythical release clause, and I could totally see Reus signing a new contract just to get rid of that. Also, just because the clause is triggered doesn't mean they have to sell. I honestly could see Reus turning his nose up at Bayern not wanting to hurt Dortmund fans the way some other players have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom