• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Wish I could watch GotG tomorrow.

Being lugged to a screening of The Expendables instead.

Need at least two pints before that.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Hope Guardians is better than the trailers, too corny for me

inky

I'm not seeing Guardians until Monday (going away for the weekend). I've been hyped for it pretty much since it was announced and can't fucking wait. =D

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Pls stop having terrible taste.

It could be good but they played the same song in 4 trailers and none of the humour hit me

I think sometimes Marvel has this bubble around them where people are so glad they exist that they dont critique it fairly.

Salvadora

wrong

IM3 is best Marvel movie yet

(haven't seen GOTG though obviously)
Best Marvel movies for me:

1. The Avengers
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3. Ironman.

Thor 1/2 is shit. IM2 & IM3 is shit. First Captain America movie was indescribably awful.

Arnie

And Salva said Bertrand going to Southampton was a loss for us...

TheTimes said:
Liverpool are closing in on deals for Alberto Moreno and Javier Manquillo, with hopes rising that both players could be signed in the coming days.
Ian Ayre, the Liverpool chief executive, has travelled to Spain to conclude the transfers as Brendan Rodgers continues to strengthen a squad that finished second in the Barclays Premier League last season, but which must also cope with the loss of Luis Suárez to Barcelona.

Moreno has been Liverpool’s main target to fill the left-back role all summer, but negotiations with Seville for the 22-year-old have proved difficult, with the Spanish club refusing to do business for anything less than £20 million.

Liverpool have been unwilling to meet that asking price, which would represent a club record for a full back, but are believed to have indicated that they would pay up to £16 million for the Spain defender.

It is understood that a breakthrough has been made on valuation in recent days, hence Ayre’s trip to Spain to try to bring negotiations to a successful conclusion. With José Enrique still fighting for full fitness after a knee injury, Rodgers, the manager, regards the acquisition of a high-quality left back as crucial.

Liverpool are also in the final stages of talks with Atletico Madrid as they seek to sign Manquillo, a Spain Under-20 right back, on a two-year loan deal with the option of signing him for a fee in the region of £5 million once that period has expired.

“We still have some positions that we want to fill within the squad, so by the end of August we’ll have a strong squad to go forward with. We still have some business to do,” Rodgers said yesterday, but despite having made six signings already this summer, he insists that assimilating so many new recruits into his squad is not a risk. “We’ve brought in specific players for specific roles, players who have the profile of how we work,” Rodgers said. “Of course it will take them a bit more time than normal in terms of their induction, but the transition has been very smooth.

“They’re good characters with good personality who fit the criteria we want in terms of the model of our game. That should make the adjustment that bit easier. But of course some of them are young and coming from a different country like Emre Can, so that will take a little bit of time.”

Jordan Henderson, meanwhile, has admitted that England need Jack Wilshere, Ross Barkley and himself to take on greater responsibility in the aftermath of Steven Gerrard’s retirement from international football, but believes that it will not be possible to replace the former national team captain.

“If I get selected for England I will be maybe a bit older than some of the others,” the Liverpool midfielder said. “I have grown up with them through the under-21s, where I was captain, and I have a good relationship with them. If I am in the squad, of course I have to take more responsibility, especially with Stevie going — that goes for quite a few of us.

“Steven Gerrard is probably the best player this country has ever seen, so you’re not going to be able to replace a player like that. What we have to do is develop the young talent coming through, and there is a lot of it.We’ve got to let them go and show how good they are.

“I don’t think you necessarily have to fill the void left by a player like Steven.

“He is a one-off. I don’t think there is any player like him. He has done it consistently over so many years. But the likes of myself, Jack, Ross or whoever is in the England team need to take more responsibility, step up to the plate and take more of a leadership role if needed. The group will work on that.”

Mr Cola

Best Marvel movies for me:

1. The Avengers
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3. Ironman.

Thor 1/2 is shit. IM2 & IM3 is shit. First Captain America movie was indescribably awful.

I havent seen Cap 2 but I agree with this except for Avengers, which was transformers with super powers.

Ironman is still the best and that only gets it 80% right, the first 80%

First 30mins of Cap1 are great too, before he gets his powers.

Salvadora

The second Captain America is my favorite so far. Seeing GotG over the weekend.
Really good, isn't it.

Completely changed my view on CA in a way that I thought wouldn't happen because he's a lame superhero like Superman.

Would take a Black Widow movie now, too.
I havent seen Cap 2 but I agree with this except for Avengers, which was transformers with super powers.

Ironman is still the best and that only gets it 80% right, the first 80%

First 30mins of Cap1 are great too, before he gets his powers.
Avengers hasn't held up that well on repeat viewing for me, but it was a lot of fun at the time.

Hate Shield though.

jtb

Banned
I might be the only person who didn't hate the Incredible Hulk reboot. the first hour of that movie is actually really good and was the perfect tone for a Hulk movie.

Hixx

Atsu to Everton... though tbf Gus said 2 nights ago, a few hours after Sky reported he'd been allowed to talk to us, that we had no interested.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I might be the only person who didn't hate the Incredible Hulk reboot. the first hour of that movie is actually really good and was the perfect tone for a Hulk movie.

The 2008 film? I liked it, but it could've been way better.
Captain America 2 is easily the best Marvel movie for me, edging Avengers out by a little margin. Going to see Guardians of the Galaxy in a few hours, so let's see if that changes.

Feorax

The best transfer rumour I've read tonight is that any sale of Mats Hummels is dependant on us loaning Ilori to Dortmund.

Huehehehe...

Mr Cola

Genuinely shocked we arent further forward with a CB, of all the positions to get nailed down a CB is core, you can mess around with a CM or Wideman and slot them in but a CB needs practice, needs games with his other CB's. Any CB we get now is going to be really far behind :/

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I thought Guardians of the Galaxy was a fake/joke thing

looks awful

It's hard to tell what is and isn't a joke when it comes to comic book movies. I didn't grow up with any of this stuff and it all looks stupid and childish to me.

That Batman film with the joker in was alright

Clegg

Genuinely shocked we arent further forward with a CB, of all the positions to get nailed down a CB is core, you can mess around with a CM or Wideman and slot them in but a CB needs practice, needs games with his other CB's. Any CB we get now is going to be really far behind :/
Tbf we could just be going about our business in a very quiet manner. But yeah, we really should've had another in by now.

L1NETT

Whoever was pretending to be an Orient fan a while back should probably get back into his armchair because their new Italian Sugar daddy is pumping some dosh into that club

Signed Jobi Mcanuff, Jay Simpson, Adam Legzdins, Shane Lowry and Bradley Pritchard

Them, Bristol City and Sheffield United certs for promotion

#3Sixtying

Meanwhile us City fans are moaning about Nathan Ellington and wondering if we are gonna get Mandron on loan from Sunderland (Hixx pls who is this guy)

So don't ever complain United/Arsenal fans about a boring transfer window

Just don't

Arnie

Haha I vividly recall your disdain when we were linked with him last year.

Christ, it was a horrendous time. From Alberto to Aspas to Atsu.

Fucking ass, the lot of em.

Strength in depth is starting to come into view now, striker not withstanding:

Mignolet

Johnson, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno

Gerrard

Henderson Can

Sterling Sturridge Markovic

Subs: Coutinho, Lallana, Sakho, Lambert, Allen, Lucas, Flanagan, Enrique, Suso, Ibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom