• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but even the communication and transparency with Microsoft is leagues ahead.

Will end up buying a PS4 first, but I'm envious of the software side of things (and the controller).

Ive been playing Banjo Kazooie on my 360 this week and my god, the difference between XB1 and 360 controllers is staggering. Always loved the 360 controller but the changes for the new one make it feel cheap and stiff, bizarre really.

Salvadora

Ive been playing Banjo Kazooie on my 360 this week and my god, the difference between XB1 and 360 controllers is staggering. Always loved the 360 controller but the changes for the new one make it feel cheap and stiff, bizarre really.
Fuck, really?

I loved the 360 controller and thought the new one would be pretty much the same. Can't really stand DSs tbh.

manual4

Banned

the sticks on the 360 feels like some shit you buy from a dollar store after using the xbox one controller

mil6es

if we are talking about controllers, my PS4 controller is pretty much unusable now, the rubber is all but gone on the left thumbstick also the left thumbstick decides not to register movement every so often so FIFA is pointless and BF4 I can't move forward without me stopping and stuttering every so often!!

wedward

The Arsenal Horse ‏@thearsenalhorse 31s
Arsenal fans are super hyped at the moment, and rightly so. More incomings expected relatively soon.

Fuck, really?

I loved the 360 controller and thought the new one would be pretty much the same. Can't really stand DSs tbh.

The change is for the better. Much nicer to roll around the stick on the pad and grips much better with the thumb hole - on 360 they could wear away and be almost flat but that will be a lot more difficult on the XB1 controller. Triggers are better too (plus the little vibration is a nice touch) and the d-pad is a big improvement...

Tubie

What are your views on Khedira?

He's a really good DM, but only if you can keep him on a leach and not let him go forward on attack. He will ruin and slow down your attack if you let him.

I'm amazed Mou hasn't bought him yet, it's his kind of player. I bet if Khedira goes for free next summer, he will go to Chelsea.

if we are talking about controllers, my PS4 controller is pretty much unusable now, the rubber is all but gone on the left thumbstick also the left thumbstick decides not to register movement every so often so FIFA is pointless and BF4 I can't move forward without me stopping and stuttering every so often!!

Some PS4 controllers came with faulty sticks/rubber. I have over 290 hours on BF4 and the sticks are still perfect.

Salvadora

The change is for the better. Much nicer to roll around the stick on the pad and grips much better with the thumb hole - on 360 they could wear away and be almost flat but that will be a lot more difficult on the XB1 controller. Triggers are better too (plus the little vibration is a nice touch) and the d-pad is a big improvement...
It's a shame about the graphically weakness and lack of first party studios (compared to Sony quality wise) or it would be my console of choice for this gen.
He's a really good DM, but only if you can keep him on a leach and not let him go forward on attack. He will ruin and slow down your attack if you let him.

I'm amazed Mou hasn't bought him yet, it's his kind of player. I bet if Khedira goes for free next summer, he will go to Chelsea.
Financially, it would probably make more sense to go on a free for him next season.

After what Wenger did with Arteta, I'm sure he could mould Khedira into a more restrained role.

I think the most important lesson we can take away from this transfer window is that Arsenal fans have the highest 'IndyKaila bullshit dependence coefficient' out of all football supporters.

Get these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GH7UA32/

Basically fit over your sticks and cover the damage. Or you can try and get a replacement DS4.

Hixx

So I won't be disappointed then?

I always have both consoles every gen so its not a question of if I should purchase it at all, the question is if I should purchase it now

Wait until October or so. Then you'll be able to get Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive and Halo MCC all within a few weeks of getting it, so you won't potentially be looking at a £350 paperweight until then.

It's a shame about the graphically weakness and lack of first party studios (compared to Sony quality wise) or it would be my console of choice for this gen.

The first party studios thing, they don't own as many studios but looking at their line-up its obviously dependant on each person but I they're working with some great developers: Insomniac, Remedy, Platinum.. plus others there is plenty of great games (along with sequels to their big franchises) I wouldn't be too concerned. They will know they need quality games to compete, should be a great gen all round

3DS bros 4 lyfe.

I really like bravely default, but I'm afraid I don't own any other games for it. Well that's a lie, I got 3 other games but it's stuff I don't like that was included in it, cause i bought it used. I want Zelda, but why are the games so expensive? Nintendo please. Play a lot more on my vita, dat persona 3&4, metal gear and final fantasy collection and I haven't even started tearaway yet.

Salvadora

I really like bravely default, but I'm afraid I don't own any other games for it. Well that's a lie, I got 3 other games but it's stuff I don't like that was included in it, cause i bought it used. I want Zelda, but why are the games so expensive? Nintendo please. Play a lot more on my vita, dat persona 3&4, metal gear and final fantasy collection and I haven't even started tearaway yet.
Nintendo games are expensive because poor people, like yourself, shouldn't be allowed to play Zelda and Pokemon.

Who knows what you would get up to with friend codes.

It is for the master race and them only.

Yen

With the economy in the shitter, I say Elsk puts himself forward for government. First things first, raid the Malvinas for every mango they've got.

Sorry m8 I like underpowered hardware and paying for shit download speeds and multiplayer latency.

I like that too, that's what I got handhelds for.

Sorry, some of us appreciate playing on a comfortable piece of furniture in front of the television.

I do this with my pc too. Please understand, it's not very hard. I like my chair better than my couch though. or I liked my chair better, it broke. I have gotten too fat.

Scum

Whoever was pretending to be an Orient fan a while back should probably get back into his armchair because their new Italian Sugar daddy is pumping some dosh into that club

Signed Jobi Mcanuff, Jay Simpson, Adam Legzdins, Shane Lowry and Bradley Pritchard

Them, Bristol City and Sheffield United certs for promotion

#3Sixtying

Meanwhile us City fans are moaning about Nathan Ellington and wondering if we are gonna get Mandron on loan from Sunderland (Hixx pls who is this guy)

So don't ever complain United/Arsenal fans about a boring transfer window

Just don't

Ooooorrrrrriiiiieeeeeennnntttttt! 😍

Salvadora

HDMI cable + 360/One controller. PC gaming evolved.
It simply can't overcome the fact that gaming is a social experience and you can play with a bunch of your mates on a console of your choice rather than deviant people hundreds of miles away in Denmark or Russia.

El Topo

With the economy in the shitter, I say Elsk puts himself forward for government. First things first, raid the Malvinas for every mango they've got.

From 2002 to 2012, Argentina produced a whopping ~2000 tons of mangos per year on average and they're busy with other stuff, so they won't even see elsk coming. More mangos than elsk could eat in a decade, so many mangos should even draw the attention of his brother's hot girlfriend.

Malvinas unfortunately belongs to Britain, obtained by the good old "We'll settle enough people there" method, but the rest should be easy to pluck for elsk.

It simply can't overcome the fact that gaming is a social experience and you can play with a bunch of your mates on a console of your choice rather than deviant people hundreds of miles away in Denmark or Russia.

I don't even want to fight bae, you're too angry

ihbPYzPR33FYb.gif

Abraxas

Salva pls, its not 2004. I can play with both the deviants and my mates. Played FIFA with friends on my PC just the other day.

-----
EDIT: saw an Argentina shirt for $15 + 25% off in dicks today. Was reminded of that poster in the semi's. Cunt nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom