• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh I missed this today

Former Aston Villa defender and Sweden international Olof Mellberg has retired after an 18-year career.

The 36-year-old won league titles at AIK Stockholm and Olympiakos and also represented Racing Santander, Juventus, Villarreal and FC Copenhagen.

Mellberg said: "Today I ended my contract with FC Copenhagen, which will be the last in my football career."

The centre-back was capped 117 times for his country before retiring from international football after Euro 2012.

He spent seven years with Villa, making 263 appearances, before leaving for Juventus in 2008.

Good good, he seems like a nice guy but he was just not good enough anymore, glad he was willing to terminate his contract.

First thought: How is that even legal?
Second thought: Can't believe they haven't tried stuff like that at City or PSG yet.

Well it's not like lots of other Africans don't enjoy getting the citizenships in other countries, it obviously plays a part in where they go... and apparently they hand it out to just about any athletes in Qatar. :lol

(so really it's not much different to Portugal)

LAM09

It might still be a while away, but does anyone follow other international tournaments such as, ACON or the AFC Asian Cup?

It might still be a while away, but does anyone follow other international tournaments such as, ACON or the AFC Asian Cup?

Not really. I will catch a match of ACON every once in a while when it's on, but I'm already not loving international football much, and the ACON just seems like a much worse version than the usual international football you see.

Wilbur

Banned
just realized my post was ambiguous, meant to say I'm seeing GOTG tomorrow, I enjoyed IM3 but it's polarizing, lots of marvel fans hate it... anyways, never mind lol

And I've just seen this

iron Man 3 is the best marvel film by miles, and I like most of them

Yen

Not really. I will catch a match of ACON every once in a while when it's on, but I'm already not loving international football much, and the ACON just seems like a much worse version than the usual international football you see.

Zambia were very deserving continental champs in '12

LAM09

I am a massive ACON fan, as my country are the record holders. ;)

It has gone downhill recently as some of the big teams have been absent, but I hope they are all present this year.

I know you guys are going to say "wah wah but it's overrated" well fuck you guys.

But TLOU has some of the best performances and cutscenes in gaming. GOTG indeed.

The Remastered version is just glorious.

Elchele

I know you guys are going to say "wah wah but it's overrated" well fuck you guys.

But TLOU has some of the best performances and cutscenes in gaming. GOTG indeed.

I would like to support your statement, dean. But I can't, I haven't played it.

Wilbur

Banned
Salva pls. It was hilarious. Everyone in the cast put in good performances. The final set piece was directed with coherence and had actual action instead of thirty seconds of robots punching each other. It wasn't afraid to deviate from source material and everyone hates it because of that. Under appreciated blockbuster. One of the best in YEARS.

I love IM3. I really like Cap 2 and GOTG. I like Avengers and Iron Man. Cap 1, Hulk and Thor 2 are okay. Thor 1 and IM2 are bad.

so basically is the worst one

You might have the worst taste on the entire forum

I find essentially every superhero movie blurs into one, with the result being dull action movies. I don't think there's even one I'd watch more than once.

Yeah, when it comes to production values I think only GTA really comes close to it.

GOTG was Dark Souls tho.

LNBL

Labyad has always been shit. No idea why you guys wanted him in the first place :lol

Labyad is a fucking cunt (Footygaf vicinity allows for that word, correct?)

Our only goal today scored by Luuk de Jong

vgjbap.gif

And it must be in the name....

Bt5sknLCAAEmBPQ.jpg

Meier

Never even heard of Quintero.

Signing another CAM would be odd, to say the least.
Such a premface. 😭 I don't believe it will happen because he has a €40m release clause and has 3 years left. There's almost no way his value doesn't go up especially after he played well in his limited time at the World Cup. They have to know that in 1 more year they'll easily get more than €20m.

Meier

wow, Chivas vs Bayern is not sold out. Meier what are you doing
I'm actually pretty surprised it didn't sell out since it's at RBNY's stadium. I think there are about 25k or so seats there. When Mexico plays in the US, they usually fill up big stadiums -- maybe most of them are Club America fans nowadays. I did see a few Bayern shirts around town today.

Bayern scores!

Tubie

Is Liverpool really going for Alberto Moreno, or is it usual Daily Fail bullshit?

I kinda wish Madrid had bought him, looks very promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom