• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manager

City's CEO has confirmed that City won't buy anyone after the CB. Only way would be to sell a high-valued player anyway.

Dzeko on his way of signing a new contract apparently, Milner says he'll wait until he knows how much he'll play, could be months or even next summer then.

Unwanted players that needs to be sold ATM:
Scott Sinclair
Micah Richards
Javi Garcia (to make room for Mangala, non-HG)

Possibly Rodwell (barely gotten minutes in pre-season), but then a new CM would needed. Garcia will probably be the hardest one to sell, average player and ~£70k salary.

City's final squad should then be:
GK:
Hart
Caballero

RB:
Zabaleta
Sagna

CB:
Kompany
(Mangala)
Demichelis
Nastasic

LB:
Clichy
Kolarov

CM:
Fernando
Fernandinho
Yaya
(Rodwell?)

Wingers:
Silva
Nasri
Navas
Milner

Strikers:
Aguero
Jovetic
Negredo
Dzeko

omgkitty

Jimmy Chilides ‏@Jimmy_Chilides 3m

Khedira deal all but done, just pending registration and announcement, great signing

Jimmy Chilides ‏@Jimmy_Chilides 4m

Khedira due back from holiday 11th August, may be announced before.

Salvadora

Khedira deal all but done, just pending registration and announcement, great signing

The refusal to comment is revealing.

Carbonox

City's final squad should then be:
GK:
Hart
Caballero

RB:
Zabaleta
Sagna

CB:
Kompany
(Mangala)
Demichelis
Nastasic

LB:
Clichy
Kolarov

CM:
Fernando
Fernandinho
Yaya
(Rodwell?)

Wingers:
Silva
Nasri
Navas
Milner

Strikers:
Aguero
Jovetic
Negredo
Dzeko

did you just quote yourself you weirdo

craig sainsbury

simon peach

jimmy chili

Gooby++car+suspicious.PNG

City's CEO has confirmed that City won't buy anyone after the CB. Only way would be to sell a high-valued player anyway.

Dzeko on his way of signing a new contract apparently, Milner says he'll wait until he knows how much he'll play, could be months or even next summer then.

Unwanted players that needs to be sold ATM:
Scott Sinclair
Micah Richards
Javi Garcia (to make room for Mangala, non-HG)

Possibly Rodwell (barely gotten minutes in pre-season), but then a new CM would needed. Garcia will probably be the hardest one to sell, average player and ~£70k salary.

If you sell al those how will City meet homegrown quota?

Scum

It's probably needed at this point, both cups have been so eroded by teams prioritizing the league or CL. It's ok to have the league cup be more of a youth/reserve team cup, it gives it a unique flavour, but the FA Cup needs more prestige than just being another excuse to trot out a joke team.

Having the semis and the final at Wembley just so the FA can use the money to pay off their debts needs to stop. Semis should be played on neutral grounds. Also, stick to a "proper" kick off times and make a weekend of it. Previews before kick off, 3pm for all the games on Sat. and FA Cup catch up on Sun.

Might not be a bad idea to have a few games on local channels.

Ospina is injured (lol).

loooooooooooooooooooooool

Who the heck is Jimmy Childes? Someone on here said he was formerly Wayne Gooney on twitter and that dude knew nothing about Arsenal transfers.

Manager

If you sell al those how will City meet homegrown quota?

You don't need 8 homegrown players, the important bit is that you can have max 17 non-HG. Then it's up to you to decide how many HG you want. City has Hart, Clichy, Milner, possibly Rodwell, then there's Nastasic who is U21, plus the 17 non-HG. Total amount of players is then 22, same as last year, 2 on each position.

sohois

Having the semis and the final at Wembley just so the FA can use the money to pay off their debts needs to stop. Semis should be played on neutral grounds. Also, stick to a "proper" kick off times and make a weekend of it. Previews before kick off, 3pm for all the games on Sat. and FA Cup catch up on Sun.

Might not be a bad idea to have a few games on local channels.

Yeah the Semi finals at Wembley is so widely acknowledged as being awful that even the FA can't ignore it, can they?

-

Seems City's title defence will depend on fitness. If they can keep Aguero fit for most of the season and have Jovetic actually be available this year then they should be just as strong next season. Without that I think they will fall back with the transfers they have made.

wedward

Sounds like Sanchez won't be playing in the Emirates cup.

Feel pretty confident we are getting Khedira. Wasn't my first choice, but what do I know.

BayernGAF died with Bla, Schweine turns 30 today and nobody cares.

Happy birthday, you're officially old now, Schweine!

Here's a pic with his new best friend because BVB fans care #EchteLiebe

n5NVTSKl.jpg

You don't need 8 homegrown players, the important bit is that you can have max 17 non-HG. Then it's up to you to decide how many HG you want. City has Hart, Clichy, Milner, possibly Rodwell, then there's Nastasic who is U21, plus the 17 non-HG. Total amount of players is then 22, same as last year, 2 on each position.

City need 5 home grown players, and I dont think Nastasic will count because he hasn't been in England for three years.

Manager

City need 5 home grown players, and I dont think Nastasic will count because he hasn't been in England for three years.

Nastasic is U21 which means that he doesn't count as non-HG and therefore won't take up a non-HG spot. Being in England for three years doesn't have anything to do with U21, if you're U21 you don't take up a spot. Next year, however, he'll be non-HG since he hasn't been in England for three years before his 21 birthday. If he had, he would be HG like Clichy or Fabregas.

Nastasic is U21 which means that he doesn't count as non-HG and therefore won't take up a spot. Being in England for three years doesn't have anything to do with U21, if you're U21 you don't take up a spot. Next year, however, he'll be non-HG since he hasn't been in England for three years before his 21 birthday. If he had, he would be HG like Clichy or Fabregas.

But you will need another HG player. You NEED to name 5 for your champions league squad. Nastasic won't take up a spot , but you only named 4 HG players. You still need one more

Manager

Seems City's title defence will depend on fitness. If they can keep Aguero fit for most of the season and have Jovetic actually be available this year then they should be just as strong next season. Without that I think they will fall back with the transfers they have made.

Jovetic can be huge this season as long as he can stay fit (...), City had issues when only Dzeko and Negredo were fit as they're so similar. If one of Jovetic or Aguero can stay fit for each match, City will do great and Pellegrini might finally play the formation he intenteded in the first place with one supporting striker.

Manager

But you will need another HG player. You NEED to name 5 for your champions league squad. Nastasic won't take up a spot , but you only named 4 HG players. You still need one more

You didn't say CL. City will register Boyata, 5th choice CB, and Wright, 3rd choice goalkeeper.

Barzul

Some Gooner's are analyzing Arsene's eye movements to determine if he something was happening re: Khedira. Saying he had positive deflective eye movements when he talked about him. Straight out of Lie to Me lol.

Fonky Chris @FonkyChris · 45m
I know quite a bit about reading eye movements
Wenger when asked about Khedira, eyes move slightly to the left, meaning somethings happening
Fonky Chris @FonkyChris · 42m
When Arsene was asked about Quintero, he answers swiftly and his eyes do not move from contact.
Meaning that there is 0% chance he will sign
Fonky Chris @FonkyChris · 28m
Actually Arsene's response to the Khedira question shows all kinds of deflective eye movements. Positive ones, not negative.
Encouraging.
Fonky Chris @FonkyChris · 23m
But the Quintero thing is pretty much dead, if you are to believe my body language psychology assessment of Arsene Wenger.

looool

Manager

So who do you reckon will bethe player who will get dropped for the CL?

Nastasic will count as U21 btw, IIRC it's two years, not three, that you need to be at the club to count as CL U21.

It could be someone who gets a long-term injury, like Negredo (out 2-3 months) or a future long-term injured player. A striker would be most probable since any other position would mess up the shape too much. I guess they could take out a full back too, as both Clichy and Zabaleta can play on both sides good enough. So one of Clichy/Kolarov/Sagna, Zabaleta is too important.

Ingeniero

Some Gooner's are analyzing Arsene's eye movements to determine if he something was happening re: Khedira. Saying he had positive deflective eye movements when he talked about him. Straight out of Lie to Me lol.

looool
This kind of muppetry is on a whole new level m8. Crystal ball is the next step.

Nastasic will count as U21 btw, IIRC it's two years, not three, that you need to be at the club to count as CL U21.

It could be someone who gets a long-term injury, like Negredo (out 2-3 months) or a future long-term injured player. A striker would be most probable since any other position would mess up the shape too much. I guess they could take out a full back too, as both Clichy and Zabaleta can play on both sides good enough. So one of Clichy/Kolarov/Sagna, Zabaleta is too important.

Yeah there is no worries about Nastasic.

I hope it is one of the ex arsenal lor who misses out.

Clegg

I really want to go through New Vegas again but all I have is a PS3 to play it on. I heard that version of the game is supposed to be dodgy.

Worth it?

Manager

I really want to go through New Vegas again but all I have is a PS3 to play it on. I heard that version of the game is supposed to be dodgy.

Worth it?

I take it you have a very old PC? The PC version isn't very demanding, can't say much about the PS3 version though. Was talk about broken save files and stuff IIRC.

Clegg

I take it you have a very old PC? The PC version isn't very demanding, can't say much about the PS3 version though. Were talk about broken save files and stuff IIRC.

Don't even have a pc :/

My bro took that with him when he moved to a different part of the country for Uni.

Manager

Don't even have a pc :/

My bro took that with him when he moved to a different part of the country for Uni.

That sucks. I tried to play Fallout 3 and NV a year ago or so, people have developed some insane mods for both that makes them much better. But if you're not gonna buy a PC soon:ish then I guess you have no choice.

Might be worth checking out this thread to see if it's worth waiting for a PC:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426315

I don't think Real suited his qualities at all, he has played worse than he could if used right and thus, is an underrated player. Maybe underrated is the wrong word because it's pretty hard to underrate a player that already has won everything but he gets too much shit, that's for sure.

If Wenger uses him right and can get him to focus on his talents, he should be a good signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom