• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manager

Is this a "we need English players" as Rodwell/Richards etc are getting the boot or just a genuinely bizarre transfer?

There is no need for English players unless Rodwell is getting sold/loaned out, then they must find another HG CM. If it's Lampard, they still need to find another HG CM for the spring (unless Rodwell comes back then).

edit
or a U21 CM like Zuculini, but he won't be able to be used in CL.

Jarnet87

Have we even been linked to anyone?

Hummels, Strootman, and Vidal along with half the dutch squad. All these links of course were conjured up out of thin air. The Carvalho link disappeared when van Gaal took over. van Gaal is sort of doing what Moyes did in giving the squad a chance, except he's actually playing most of the squad and in different positions unlike Moyes. problem is it doesn't take a genius to know that a lot of our players are shit. Do you really need to see Cleverly multiple times in person to realize how god awful he is? Think he is being a bit to confident and prideful in his ability (van Gaal). Nothing wrong with bringing in new, better players when we have the cash to do so.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
In 2 weeks the world makes sense again, football is back, that will tide me over till Fifa demo early sep, the sun will start to fuck off and the kids will go back to school and the streets will be for the adults. Also this shitty transfer window will be over.

Jarnet87

van Persie use to hang with Buttner, fueling my speculation he was bought solely to appease Robin so he'd have someone to speak dutch with. He was afterall, an extremely useless player who mysteriously jumped Fabio on the depth chart.

LTWheels

From the BBC:

Adam Lallana also told the club he wanted to move on. He had been made aware of Liverpool's interest by then. The club, perhaps understandably, responded with a wall of silence. Phone calls were not returned, attempts to arrange talks, ignored.
Southampton were in denial and both players left for the World Cup frustrated and disillusioned. Both said they had no intention of going back to the south coast.
There was no attempt to persuade Lallana or Shaw to stay. Not once did a club official hold talks with the players to ask them to reconsider, to delay their moves.
Lallana had been the glue which had held the team together. In the dressing room, he was the most popular, a leader who demanded respect and admiration. He joined the club as a 12-year-old and was a key figure as Southampton fought their way back from League One. When word spread that Lallana wanted out, that he was angered by his treatment, others began to question their own futures.

Perhaps most worrying of all, is the fear the discontent might spread to the club's highly regarded academy. The parents of one 15-year-old player have already decided they no longer want their son to stay on at the club amid the uncertainty. The question now, is where will it all end? When will it all stop?

This 4-4-2 with a Amini-Kehl midfield is fucking terrible.

I understand that Klopp wants to see Immobile and Ramos play together. But end it pls, Kloppo.

Slizz

van Persie use to hang with Buttner, fueling my speculation he was bought solely to appease Robin so he'd have someone to speak dutch with. He was afterall, an extremely useless player who mysteriously jumped Fabio on the depth chart.

#StepOvers

Elchele

jbkCMbjA36fZd8.png

what

L1NETT

Fabio was no better

I'm sure he'll be a really good championship footballer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom