• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

453015248-alexi-sanchez-of-arsenal-during-a-training-gettyimages.jpg

He's a specimen, all right.
I don't think Real suited his qualities at all, he has played worse than he could if used right and thus, is an underrated player. Maybe underrated is the wrong word because it's pretty hard to underrate a player that already has won everything but he gets too much shit, that's for sure.

If Wenger uses him right and can get him to focus on his talents, he should be a good signing.
who are you and what have you done with Milch

I would promote besada for those title changes.

They were great and lol at people thinking Thanos is a spoiler. Haha.

Next thing you know saying that Hulk is in the Avengers will be a spoiler.

Meier

Nice acquisition by Malaga. Get some cash for Willy and sign Memo on a free. Not an upgrade but certainly not a notable downgrade by any means either. About the perfect scenario for them.

Just saw a random post on a West Ham blog that says Newcastle are getting FM wonderkid Facundo Ferreyra on a season long loan with an option to buy (Kia's South American Shakhtar exodus). He's has a good goalscoring record -- if this ends up being true, I'll be keeping an eye on his FPL fee.

Clegg

That sucks. I tried to play Fallout 3 and NV a year ago or so, people have developed some insane mods for both that makes them much better. But if you're not gonna buy a PC soon:ish then I guess you have no choice.

Might be worth checking out this thread to see if it's worth waiting for a PC:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426315

Cheers m8.

Will do a bit more researc on the PS3 version before deciding if I should risk it.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I'm clueless about what you are saying about the marvel spoiler.

some character that was announced months ago is apparently a spoiler

It won't be long before the title of the film is considered a spoiler

I DIDN'T KNOW THEY WERE GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, GUYS. SPOILERS.

fuck off.

Wilbur

Banned
Not sure if serious.

I am serious :lol

I can understand people not wanting films ruined for them, but to act devastated if it is... or like that Thanos thread; it was an actual press release and people were acting like the whole film was fucking RUINED

I can imagine the people who have read GOT may enjoy it just as much as the people who don't. If I love a film, I'll probably like it more on rewatches when I know exactly what's happening.

Requeim

Cheers m8.

Will do a bit more researc on the PS3 version before deciding if I should risk it.

New vegas in particular is really bad on PS3. It froze 15 times on me before i had completed the game + all the dlc. Add to that around 20 times where i had to quit to xmb and start the game again, because the framerate went below 1 and stayed there.

This was on the ultimate edition by the way. I never had anywhere near the same problems with the final versions of oblivion, fallout 3 and skyrim on PS3.

Danchi

I'm clueless about what you are saying about the marvel spoiler.

I have not seen any of the big comic book movies of the last few years. Last one I saw was maybe one of the Sam Raimi Spider-Man things? No idea what the internet is talking about right now...

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbur, aren't you the guy who goes and reads plot summaries on Wikipedia before seeing the movie?

From one extreme to the other.

Not for everything, as in I can't wait. I'll read Wikipedia to see what it's about, who is in it, production details etcetera. If seeing what it's about included reading the entire plot, I'm not fussed.

I am serious :lol

I can understand people not wanting films ruined for them, but to act devastated if it is... or like that Thanos thread; it was an actual press release and people were acting like the whole film was fucking RUINED

I can imagine the people who have read GOT may enjoy it just as much as the people who don't. If I love a film, I'll probably like it more on rewatches when I know exactly what's happening.

Wasn't so much talking about that, I understand not caring much about spoilers although I can think of a few cases where it would at least have downgraded my enjoyment of it quite a bit. Was more pointing towards your GOT ruining everything, people have been really fucking touchy about spoilers every since this kind of media existed, see Twin Peaks who killed Laura.

Wilbur

Banned
Wasn't so much talking about that, I understand not caring much about spoilers although I can think of a few cases where it would at least have downgraded my enjoyment of it quite a bit. Was more pointing towards your GOT ruining everything, people have been really fucking touchy about spoilers every since this kind of media existed, see Twin Peaks who killed Laura.

Oh yeah but I wasn't on the Internet then m8

If a spoiler ruins your enjoyment of something then said thing is not likely to be worth enjoying anyway

It's not about completely ruining it though, but lets take Silent Hill 2 cause that is my favorite game, which I still love playing through now despite knowing everything about it. It would still have ruined my first experience a little knowing
the twist in the game, as everything up until that point has you puzzled not really understanding what is going on, and slowly figuring out James might have had something to do with the death of her. Until it is fully revealed. It had a really fucking chilling shock effect when it was revealed.

Salvadora

Not for everything, as in I can't wait. I'll read Wikipedia to see what it's about, who is in it, production details etcetera. If seeing what it's about included reading the entire plot, I'm not fussed.

Same as Wilbur here.
Could only do that for movies I don't care about.

Been listening the the /Filmcast recently and I've listened to the spoiler section on quite a few recent movies because it's more enjoyable that way :p

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/11...opean_Cup_had_they_kept_all_their_star_names/

ARSENE Wenger has revealed Saints “could have won the European Cup” – had managers like him not plundered the club for their best players.

The Arsenal boss admits the Saints could have been one of the biggest teams in Europe had they kept their star players.

“'I respect the quality of work they (Southampton) have done,” said Wenger.

“You look at Southampton and the team they had last year, plus Walcott, Chamberlain and Bale - they could have won the European Cup had they managed to keep everyone together.

“The modern game has changed and the smaller clubs with less potential are not in a position to keep their players.

“It will be interesting to see how they get over what happened to them.

“They have made a lot of income and they have shown in the past they are very clever at scouting.

“It will be very interesting to see how they manage what has happened to them.”

thanks?

sohois

It's not about completely ruining it though, but lets take Silent Hill 2 cause that is my favorite game, which I still love playing through now despite knowing everything about it. It would still have ruined my first experience a little knowing
the twist in the game, as everything up until that point has you puzzled not really understanding what is going on, and slowly figuring out James might have had something to do with the death of her. Until it is fully revealed. It had a really fucking chilling shock effect when it was revealed.

There are a handful of exceptions to be sure. "Guy is in film" sure as fuck ain't one of them though.

inky

There are a handful of exceptions to be sure. "Guy is in film" sure as fuck ain't one of them though.

"A handful of exceptions" is a stretch. There are tons of movies, books, tv shows, games etc. where important plot points being revealed would definitely tarnish the experience.

That people lose their minds over insignificant things like the Thanos thing doesn't mean that there are still plenty of things worth keeping in the dark for newcomers.

sohois

"A handful of exceptions" is a stretch. There are tons of movies, books, tv shows, games etc. where important plot points being revealed would definitely tarnish the experience.

That people lose their minds over insignificant things like the Thanos thing doesn't mean that there are still plenty of things worth keeping in the dark for newcomers.

I just can't agree, though I've never been one to care about spoilers.

Carbonox

Nice acquisition by Malaga. Get some cash for Willy and sign Memo on a free. Not an upgrade but certainly not a notable downgrade by any means either. About the perfect scenario for them.

Just saw a random post on a West Ham blog that says Newcastle are getting FM wonderkid Facundo Ferreyra on a season long loan with an option to buy (Kia's South American Shakhtar exodus). He's has a good goalscoring record -- if this ends up being true, I'll be keeping an eye on his FPL fee.

Yeah everywhere's reporting on the Ferreyra deal now. Pretty much done barring the 'official' announcements.

The day Olof Mellberg decided to quit the national team it was a great loss to Swedish football and the team. But to me personally it was an even greater loss. When I had him on the team I never had to look back because I knew he was behind me and I could concentrate on what was going on up ahead.

Olof was the person that trigged and challenged me. This drove me to want to do more on the pitch.

Olof had a winner mentality like no other. He simply refused to lose, not only in football but in practically everything. And when he did lose, which rarely happened, he refused to admit it. I think this mentality was what took him a long way in his carreer.

I’ve been doubly lucky when it comes to Olof. Firstly because I got to play with him, and secondly because I got know the person Olof Mellberg, not only the player.

If Olof in my opinion is the best Swedish defender of all times, I think the person Olof is even better.

It is sad that Olof now chooses to end his career because I’m sure he has much more to give.

I wish Olof Mellberg and his family all happiness and love in the future.

Thank you my friend.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

ibl000UFx1MQ8t.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom