• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, Wolfsburg would be insane to sign Torres.

A chelsea site got a hold of the transcript from Wolfsburg inquire

*ring* *RING*
FTAGENT: Yo yo ma!
WOLFENSTEIN: Guten Abend. Iz dis FTAGENT?
FTAGENT: Call me Scott Borasinho.
DIRE_WOLF_ALPHA: Hallo, we want buy ein Stürmer because Mandžu and Ze Kraken are both gone.
FTAGENT: Hmm...sorry, we're fresh out.
WOLFSBURG: Ok ok, kein Problem. How about Fernando?
FTAGENT: PRANK CALLER PRANK CALLER! *click*
*ring* *RING*
FTAGENT: Yellow!
WOLFIE: No no, no prank call. Very serious.
FTAGENT: Ohhhh...kay...
WOLFSBURG: Yes, yes. Very serious. Very rich. Will pay transfer. Very excited. Just need wages info. How much?
FTAGENT: £175,000/week.
WOLFSBURG: *click*
FTAGENT: Hello? Hello!
FTAGENT: *maniacal laugh*

Bt95CqACAAErtjD.jpg

WengerLAD

Slizz

Jarnet are you going to the Guinness Cup Final? I'm probably gonna pull the trigger on some tickets tonight. Once the teams get announced I can see the prices jumping.

Is it more likely that you can make it as a top athlete or an actor or a musician?

In other words - which industry is toughest to break into.

Meier

Is this a "we need English players" as Rodwell/Richards etc are getting the boot or just a genuinely bizarre transfer?
Richards is honestly our worst player on the roster at this point. He is just dreadful. Don't really get Rodwell not being played at all in the preseason - I have no clue what to expect as far as a sale or loan goes. Lampard needs to stay fit and Melbourne City can't take another player on loan so it makes sense to have him play at City for a bit.

Zabojnik

Is it more likely that you can make it as a top athlete or an actor or a musician?

In other words - which industry is toughest to break into.

Music, for sure. I mean, if you're a great athlete or footballer, then you're a great athlete or footballer. You can be a great musician and nobody will give a shit about you, because music is subjective and people have generally terrible taste in art.

Walshy

I hope United only sign Vermaelen for central defence.

An Evans, Jones and Vermaelen back three would be the worst defence United would have had in a long time.

Manager

Richards is honestly our worst player on the roster at this point. He is just dreadful. Don't really get Rodwell not being played at all in the preseason - I have no clue what to expect as far as a sale or loan goes. Lampard needs to stay fit and Melbourne City can't take another player on loan so it makes sense to have him play at City for a bit.

Could be that Pellegrini sees special things in Zuculini, makes no sense to play him this much and then ship him off on loan for a season. He's played plenty of matches in Argentina and is much more match fit than Rodwell. Won't count as non-HG either.

Maybe he'll keep Zuculini this season, add Lampard and let both play some to get him used to England. Not sure if they'll sell or loan out Rodwell then though.

Hummels, Strootman, and Vidal along with half the dutch squad. All these links of course were conjured up out of thin air. The Carvalho link disappeared when van Gaal took over. van Gaal is sort of doing what Moyes did in giving the squad a chance, except he's actually playing most of the squad and in different positions unlike Moyes. problem is it doesn't take a genius to know that a lot of our players are shit. Do you really need to see Cleverly multiple times in person to realize how god awful he is? Think he is being a bit to confident and prideful in his ability (van Gaal). Nothing wrong with bringing in new, better players when we have the cash to do so.

So people we're never gonna sign. Great.

Jarnet87

Jarnet are you going to the Guinness Cup Final? I'm probably gonna pull the trigger on some tickets tonight. Once the teams get announced I can see the prices jumping.

Small chance if United make it. I'd like to go, but getting to Sunlife Stadium from down South is a pain, especially if I can't get out of work early, and then getting back takes awhile. Gonna see after the game whats left ticket wise, $70-$100 is expensive, but how many times am I gonna get to see United play down here. Also may be going away that weekend, so thats more money spent. I know someone who is a Madrid fan and they bought their tickets early not realizing Madrid may not even play in the Final lol, think they are looking to sell 2 tickets for $60 a piece.

Slizz

Small chance if United make it. I'd like to go, but getting to Sunlife Stadium from down South is a pain, especially if I can't get out of work early, and then getting back takes awhile. Gonna see after the game whats left ticket wise, $70-$100 is expensive, but how many times am I gonna get to see United play down here. Also may be going away that weekend, so thats more money spent, and doubt I can leave work early twice in one week lol. I know someone who is a Madrid fan and they bought their tickets early not realizing Madrid may not even play in the Final lol, think they are looking to sell 2 tickets for $60 a piece.

60$ ain't bad, I'm seriously considering paying 56$ for club level seats...

El Topo

Who was the other good ones that went?

I highly doubt it's a perma though for Odd, I asked him on twitter now, will post response.

Bla. There's also pulga, who I always appreciated.

If you read this Bla, though I'm hoping you're out celebrating all night, congratulations to your graduation.

Jarnet87

60$ ain't bad, I'm seriously considering paying 56$ for club level seats...

Not bad, I think some of the club level seats are covered, though that shouldn't really be any issue (sun wise) at 8 PM. Think it gives access to some other crap as well, haven't been to the stadium in years. It was still named Pro Player last time I was there.

Slizz

Not bad, I think some of the club level seats are covered, though that shouldn't really be any issue (sun wise) at 8 PM. Think it gives access to some other crap as well, haven't been to the stadium in years. It was still named Pro Player last time I was there.

Club level is the shit. The mezzanine is AC'ed, seats are covered, and has way better food options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom