• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

I take it you got fired / quit your previous job?

Unfortunately, no. I hate my current job which is why I was looking for something else and two guys I work with just quit which means we're going to be even more understaffed than we were before they left which is just more shit I have to deal with. IDK I thought I was a shoe in for the job, so I'm pretty disappointed about it now. GOTG was pretty great though.

Lightning

Banned
Nastasic is the player I want, badly.

City should be fine with Kompany, Mangala, Demichelis (and Sagna as fourth choice).

£12m for Vermaelen and the upgrade could come quite cheaply. I don't want to sell unless we have a replacement lined up.
That would be the logical choice but City will be reluctant to do business with us, We've strengthened quite well and them helping us solve one of our biggest concerns is not really in their best interests.

Goal Keeper - Szczesny, Ospina, Crappy Martinez

Left Back - Monreal, Gibbs

Right Back - Chambers, Debuchy

Centre Back - Koscielny, Mertesacker, Nastasic, Chambers (4th choice)

Defensive Mid - Khedira/Carvalho, Arteta, Flamini

Mid - Ramsey, Wilshere and Chamberlain (3rd option)

Attacking mid - Ozil, Cazorla, Rosciky

Wingers/Striker - Walcott, Podolski, Giroud, Campbell, Cazorla, Sanchez, Chamberlain

That's a very good squad if we make the last 2 additions of DM and CB to replace Vermaelen.

Arnie

If only Welbz could finish :(

That's like saying if only a centre back could tackle or a goalkeeper could keep his eye on the ball.

Welbz' primary function is to finish; at least it is in the position he'd prefer to play, but obviously that isn't working out too well.

Ultimately I do think he's a useful player but I don't think he'll ever be satisfied at Manchester United because he won't reach the standard required to be a mainstay in the team there.

He'll probably move on anyway, sounded like he was ready to put a transfer request in mere weeks ago. Don't think he's one of those who'll stick around for the sake of the club.

K1LLER7

That's like saying if only a centre back could tackle or a goalkeeper could keep his eye on the ball.

Welbz' primary function is to finish; at least it is in the position he'd prefer to play, but obviously that isn't working out too well.

Ultimately I do think he's a useful player but I don't think he'll ever be satisfied at Manchester United because he won't reach the standard required to be a mainstay in the team there.

He'll probably move on anyway, sounded like he was ready to put a transfer request in mere weeks ago. Don't think he's one of those who'll stick around for the sake of the club.
Agree, he's not good enough to be a starter at United. Being a United lad, I really want him to succeed but at the moment he's just a good squad player.

Suprisingly, his best games (imo) have come in the CL against Madrid 2 years ago, and Bayern (1st leg), where things were clicking for him. Shame he's too inconsistent and we only see it once a season, if that.

He'll most likely be dropped to the bench once RVP returns or even shunned out to the left-wingback role. He's done well this pre-season, linking well with Rooney, Mata, Herrera. Doubt we'll see much of it in the PL though. Would do him well to get a move to another top club. Spurs can have him, £20m.

Suen

Wes made fun of my accent when playing fifa too. The racism is real, even in the moderation team. It's not my fault Danish people sounds like they have potatoes in their mouths when speaking English.
But that's how you sound when you speak Danish as well........I don't understand.

Or in your case, onions.

Go piss yourself playing TLOU, m8.

But that's how you sound when you speak Danish as well........I don't understand.

Fuck you too

iyLxVfx4ULOr7.gif

arkon

Did you guys not see Welbeck's goal in that preseason game?

Dat guy is coming good thanks to Van Gaal's genius visualization training methods.

I'd get Kriss Akabusi down to have a word as well just to reinforce it. PMA.

sohois

m8 you have way too many Tottenham players

Even I don't have that many

No point blabbing on and on about stats in football if when it comes down to it I just rely on the same observations as everyone else; from a team perspective Tottenham are a stronger team than last season would indicate. Thus in general their players may be somewhat undervalued. And of course each player has individual justifications for their being picked - I am nervous about the playing time of Kane though.

K1LLER7

Vidal to United, €60m (Bild)

-----

In other news, Jamie Jackson asked Floren' Perez if Di Maria to United was a possible move....in return he got a shrug.

No point blabbing on and on about stats in football if when it comes down to it I just rely on the same observations as everyone else; from a team perspective Tottenham are a stronger team than last season would indicate. Thus in general their players may be somewhat undervalued. And of course each player has individual justifications for their being picked - I am nervous about the playing time of Kane though.

You should be. I don't think he'll get many league games.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
i see no sign of this LvG press conference

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
So same team as last game for United, Young and Valencia wing backs

Mr Cola

We are actually gonna line up v Swansea with Valencia and Young as wingbacks

K1LLER7

Got all out of shape in Ramadan.

Pre season starts tmrw. Hard work and dedication.
Good luck.

I started exercising again yesterday. Really need to change to a more healthy diet whilst also wanting to put a more weight/muscle on.

Saw Dwayne 'HERCULES' Johnson's diet for the Hercules role and it's crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom