• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

6ZYvaow.png

UA7B2R6.png

Athletes are hot.

Jarnet87

Vidal to United, €60m (Bild)

-----

In other news, Jamie Jackson asked Floren' Perez if Di Maria to United was a possible move....in return he got a shrug.

shrug+4.gif

At least it's a new source, and not the Chilean papers or Goal. Or are Bild quoting them lol?

Suen

Good luck.

I started exercising again yesterday. Really need to change to a more healthy diet whilst also wanting to put a more weight/muscle on.

Saw Dwayne 'HERCULES' Johnson's diet for the Hercules role and it's crazy.

K1LLER7 dropping to a healthy diet can b

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Still no more transfer news then, he almost said he was happy with the squad

Clegg

"Maybe we don't need any more players". Let the meltdowns begin.

In fairness, he was stressing that he was still in the market but that quote is the one people will latch onto.

Anyone who plays as PSG on FIFA pretty much can lock down on D without even trying. It's the only team I go up against online where it's nearly impossible to break through. Fuck those cheating bastards.

Oh, eTorres sucks just as bad as real life Torres.

Clegg

Dustin Johnson has it made. Does coke with his ridiculously hot fiance who is also Wayne Gretzky's daughter. By all accounts they love a bit of blow.

Clegg

Story came out of left field. Pretty crazy.
I thought so too until I heard that he's already served a suspension for drug abuse. He has a problem. By all accounts his fiance is a fiend for it too.

Johnson also has a habit for other golfers wives. Not very well liked on tour. Strange he'd even do it when you just look at his fiance. Although Tiger was the same.

Koko

Banned
Anyone who plays as PSG on FIFA pretty much can lock down on D without even trying. It's the only team I go up against online where it's nearly impossible to break through. Fuck those cheating bastards.

Oh, eTorres sucks just as bad as real life Torres.

Wait until next year when they get D. Luiz who is godlike in FIFA.

Slizz

I thought so too until I heard that he's already served a suspension for drug abuse. He has a problem. By all accounts his fiance is a fiend for it too.

Johnson also has a habit for other golfers wives. Not very well liked on tour. Strange he'd even do it when you just look at his fiance. Although Tiger was the same.

Didn't know any of this. If you really break the numbers down he's essentially the #1 Golfer in the US 30 or under, with earnings, wins, etc.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
look, vidal needs not be a united player until the 5th, then he can do whatever he wants.

You should read the rest of his sentence/post.

Point still stands.

Welbeck was good in a few big games last year and had moments of brillance that made some of us to grow to love him last season even when we supposedly have two world class strikers up front.

Most of us hated him pre-2013. This avatar was due to a bet I made that he won't score any in last pre-season friendlies and he proved me wrong. Seriously, dig up a few of our posts in 2012. There's a lot of hate for Welbeck, and we saw the light.

Still can't believe Young's still shit though. Or did he get worse?

Athletes are hot.

Sabina Altynbekova

scently

Point still stands.

Welbeck was good in a few big games last year and had moments of brillance that made some of us to grow to love him last season even when we supposedly have two world class strikers up front.

Most of us hated him pre-2013. This avatar was due to a bet I made that he won't score any in last pre-season friendlies and he proved me wrong. Seriously, dig up a few of our posts in 2012. There's a lot of hate for Welbeck, and we saw the light.

Still can't believe Young's still shit though. Or did he get worse?

Sabina Altynbekova

Welbeck, as he was used for the most part of 2 seasons now, is neither good as a striker or as a winger. I have said it before but buying RVP really killed, or at stunted, Welbeck's development as a striker. As at the 2011/2012 season, Welbeck was a better striker than Sturridge. He was getting games in his natural role, he was developing nicely. 2012/2013 should have been his breakout year, just like last season was for Sturridge, who was now been played consistently in his natural position. But instead, in a series of panic, reactive and short-sighted transfer decisions (including loaning out Fabio and then buying a worse player in Buttner) SAF decides to buy RVP. Welbeck was shunted to the wings, and that is if he did get any game time at all. He ended up with just one goal that season.

Last season wasn't too different except that he did get some game time as a CF when both RVP and Rooney got injured.

Also, saying that Welbeck can be a winger or that he can do a specific job when needed is like saying that Jones is a DM and can do a specific job when needed.....

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how LVG decides to use him.

Meier

Huh, my squad is pretty similar. Funny coincidence. I dunno a good site for uploading on my iPhone unfortunately but there's a lot of overlap. Haven't fiddled with it since opening day so I'm sure it will change a bit.

Edit: Oh nice, imgur lets you do it easily nowadays.

mZd648S.jpg

I guess it was only 4 players but the keepers and Ings stuck out.

Yen

Welbeck, as he was used for the most part of 2 seasons now, is neither good as a striker or as a winger. I have said it before but buying RVP really killed, or at stunted, Welbeck's development as a striker. As at the 2011/2012 season, Welbeck was a better striker than Sturridge.
Sturridge scored 8 in 12 in 10/11 for Bolton.

Guardians of the Galaxy was fantastic. You could really see how much more refined the techniques James Gunn tried to use in Scooby Doo were.

Jarnet87

Welbeck, as he was used for the most part of 2 seasons now, is neither good as a striker or as a winger. I have said it before but buying RVP really killed, or at stunted, Welbeck's development as a striker. As at the 2011/2012 season, Welbeck was a better striker than Sturridge. He was getting games in his natural role, he was developing nicely. 2012/2013 should have been his breakout year, just like last season was for Sturridge, who was now been played consistently in his natural position. But instead, in a series of panic, reactive and short-sighted transfer decisions (including loaning out Fabio and then buying a worse player in Buttner) SAF decides to buy RVP. Welbeck was shunted to the wings, and that is if he did get any game time at all. He ended up with just one goal that season.

Last season wasn't too different except that he did get some game time as a CF when both RVP and Rooney got injured.

Also, saying that Welbeck can be a winger or that he can do a specific job when needed is like saying that Jones is a DM and can do a specific job when needed.....

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how LVG decides to use him.

Yep. Robin was a panic buy because city were rumored to be after him. City had a shit season, and robin wouldn't have changed that. As for United we ended up scoring less goals with RVP compared to the previous year. We would have walked the league regardless of signings. Welbeck needs to play as a striker, but I honestly believe Rooney works better with Hernandez. He just works harder, enjoys his play more, and has more space created for him by Chicha.

scently

Sturridge scored 8 in 12 in 10/11 for Bolton.

Oh I am not saying that Sturridge isn't a good striker, my point was that play time and position determines how much goals you score and that in turn affects perception, and development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom