• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
I don't see that. It is more of a betrayal for most Chelsea fans. He could have easily stayed at Chelsea till Jan then moved on, as he clearly knew what was going to happen before he signed for them.

And those fans are morons. Don't be daft.

There's no betrayal going on. He was out of contract and moved on because the club didn't want him. There is no space or place for him in our team. We're younger, faster and stronger than we've been since Drogba, Lampard, Robben, Duff, Makelele, Carvalho, Gallas and Terry during Mourinho's first tenure.

And it's not like he's going to play many games for City anyway. He's not better than anyone on their team. If anything, he hurts them more than he helps. He'll train with them and then leave in January having made zero impact.

LAM09

And those fans are morons. Don't be daft.

There's no betrayal going on. He was out of contract and moved on because the club didn't want him. There is no space or place for him in our team. We're younger, faster and stronger than we've been since Drogba, Lampard, Robben, Duff, Makelele, Carvalho, Gallas and Terry during Mourinho's first tenure.

And it's not like he's going to play many games for City anyway. He's not better than anyone on their team. If anything, he hurts them more than he helps. He'll train with them and then leave in January having made zero impact.

I guess so. Either way, it will be weird to see him play for them.

Does anybody fall in love with their FM players?

Re-gens more specifically?

How can you not?

jUIWAUz.png

Salvadora

Thought he was fine really. Benfica pretty much did nothing throughout the game.

Sanogo was MOTM, lol. Also thought Bellerin was really good.
Bellerin made me realise how much we are missing by having sub-par attacking fullbacks.

Hopefully those goals will give Sanogo the confidence to push on.

No one, including Wenger, mentioned any injury to him so I'm assuming we're fine on that front.

Lightning

Banned
Need to get a better look at him, didn't have much today and was paired with Monreal for most of the match.
Well of course, Quality of opposition and team control has a lot to do with it but when Arsenal are not in control of games we saw last season that even Koscielny and Mertesacker struggle.

He done well today nonetheless though.

Get a DM and CB in and we're good to go. I do wonder though if a loan deal for Bellerin would be the best option for his future?

noal

Banned
I used to hate getting rid of the default players in PES Master League after they served me so well

I have a problem.

How can you not?

jUIWAUz.png

You have a problem.

Seriously though, I am having a serious problem letting go. This is what fucks me every time in FM. I play so long to see how my young players turn out that by the time I upgrade to the latest version it's like a new game and I'm shit. Still on FM 2009 by the way.2038.

Salvadora

I do wonder though if a loan deal for Bellerin would be the best option for his future?
I think it would be the best option, yes.

He needs to improve his defensive side of things if he is to become an Arsenal FB and, at the moment, he doesn't have that. Somewhere lower down the league where he could minutes and sufficient coaching in that department would do him the world of good.

Although I'm not sure where Wenger sees Chambers at the moment, so he could be needed as a 2nd RB.

Lightning

Banned
I think it would be the best option, yes.

He needs to improve his defensive side of things if he is to become an Arsenal FB and, at the moment, he doesn't have that. Somewhere lower down the league where he could minutes and sufficient coaching in that department would do him the world of good.

Although I'm not sure where Wenger sees Chambers at the moment, so he could be needed as a 2nd RB.
Chambers has to be 2nd choice RB. If we replace Vermaelen then with Chambers we will have 4 CB's and there won't be enough minutes for Chambers to develop and Bellerin needs game time but not against teams that will embarrass him.

Chambers will be successful no matter where he plays if he's given the time and required coaching. I just hope Arsene doesn't fuck it up.

Salvadora

Is Markovic playing?
Chambers has to be 2nd choice RB. If we replace Vermaelen then with Chambers we will have 4 CB's and there won't be enough minutes for Chambers to develop and Bellerin needs game time but not against teams that will embarrass him.

Chambers will be successful no matter where he plays if he's given the time and required coaching. I just hope Arsene doesn't fuck it up.
He's drawn comparisons with Phil Jones in regard to his versatility, but I really hope we don't mess him up by making him a jack of all trades and a master of none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom