• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clean sheet
CNB1W6d.png

Attacking performance
ibmj54zWq9Q35F.png

Keep Suso. Sink or swim time.

Lightning

Banned
Strange that the PL season starts in 2 weeks and Özil on holiday for another week. Damn him missing the start of the epl and our game against City.

jtb

Banned
Strange that the PL season starts in 2 weeks and Özil on holiday for another week. Damn him missing the start of the epl and our game against City.

way better to get him the rest now than in the middle of February and March. World Cup year, he's exhausted, he deserves the break. anyways, he plays like shit when tired so it's for the best.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Got work Monday night :(

:(

Liverpool fans don't play around. I'm relatively new to the sport but shocked they packed a stadium in NC like that.

They've packed every stadium they've been at on this tour like rock stars.

Pool is still a massive club in the States.

King_Moc said:
Smaller stadium, smaller city (i think?) and only one team had any fans to turn up to it.

City's much bigger, but the stadium is much smaller.

Michigan Stadium seats around 105K normally for University of Michigan (college) football

Bank of America Stadium seats 73K normally for Carolina Panthers (NFL) football

Slizz

Just checked Stubhub to see how much tickets are going for now for the Final and its doubled at every available seat.

Slizz

Just over $60. That's pretty good. I wouldn't even think twice if I was in the area. What were they priced at initially?

Damn theres still 60$ ones available? Didn't see those, just checked the sections I was looking at last night.

I got club seats for 56$ off-center behind goal. Club seats are infinitely nicer than any other seat at that stadium, closed and AC'ed mezzanine, better food and covered seats.

And not even bandwagon fans.

Well most people really don't just jump ship, when they first have fallen in love with a club. It's funny however to see all those people in their late 40's & 50's talk about how they are real supporters, when they became supporters of Liverpool exactly at the time when Liverpool were beasting the leagues and european competitions. Many of them just got on the bandwagon years ago.

EmiPrime

As long as you don't change teams, have a genuine interest in your team (those who try to engage in "banter" yet couldn't name 11 players can fuck off) and as long as you don't support more than one team, you're alright I think.

King_Moc

Banned
Well most people really don't just jump ship, when they first have fallen in love with a club. It's funny however to see all those people in their late 40's & 50's talk about how they are real supporters, when they became supporters of Liverpool exactly at the time when Liverpool were beasting the leagues and european competitions. Many of them just got on the bandwagon years ago.

Impressive that they still garner new fans at a rate comparable to the top clubs in Europe though.

leadbelly

Banned
I think Darren Fletcher has been really good for United in pre-season. I also think Tyler Blackett looks solid at back. Most likely won't feature much in the premier league, but he looks promising.

It's funny what a new manager and a new system can do to a group of players that were quite average last season. Of course they have to show that form where it really counts, but so far everything looks quite positive for them.

Jarnet87

I think Darren Fletcher has been really good for United in pre-season. I also think Tyler Blackett looks solid at back. Most likely won't feature much in the premier league, but he looks promising.

It's funny what a new manager and a new system can do to a group of players that were quite average last season. Of course they have to show that form where it really counts, but so far everything looks quite positive for them.

This time last year we were looking incredible mediocre against some very poor teams. We just beginning the awful ride that would be "The Year of Moyes".

leadbelly

Banned
This time last year we were looking incredible mediocre against some very poor teams. We just beginning the awful ride that would be "The Year of Moyes".

Yeah. This pre-season has been extremely good for them, playing big teams, and being the best team out of all of them. I just hope they bring that form into the new season. I would say right now I am cautiously optimistic.

So we have no good strikers currently.

Good. Now Brendan will do what he should have done already.

tbf we had the perfect replacement already lined up until whatever happened with Remy. I assume we had a backup plan for that deal falling through, but we're starting from scratch regarding putting that plan into action

Just want Borini to piss off tbh to free up the money for Sturridge's backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom