• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
@soccer_sauce
Also hearing Southampton have made a bid for young Danish RB Christoffer Remmer currently at FC Copenhagen. Player highly rated #SAINTSFC
https://twitter.com/soccer_sauce/status/495329856360820736

There better not be any truth to this. If there is you gotta pay big 3sixty.
ngDCi9a.png

Walshy

I thought Torres was already in decline before Chelsea got the chequebook out?
He wasn't as dynamic as he was but he was still on course to get double figures under Kenny.

He was on 9 goals in 23 games in his last season. The way we played in the closing months with Suarez, he probably would of gotten to 20.

EmiPrime

I thought Torres was already in decline before Chelsea got the chequebook out?

He had probably been tapped up and unsettled somewhat by Chelsea from the start of that last half season but even then he was a lot better than during his half season at Chelsea with that massive goal drought.

dc89

That Richards penalty is one of the worst I have ever seen.

His left leg went above his head, even though he kicked using his right. Wtf.

Kicker says that Leverkusen and Schlacke are in talks about Papadopoulos. Likely to be a loan without an option to buy.

why the hell would Leverkusen do that? Völler pls

Gorlak

Banned
Guys, are you dead?

Thread isn't moving at all.

Let's share some Arsenal squad fiction:

sanchez - giroud - walcott
özil
ramsey - khedira
gibbs - kos - bfg - debuchy
szcz

We definitely need a strong dm to back up our offensive and stabalize the back four. I don't think AW will sign any striker 'cause Sanogo, Campell and Giroud are enough (in his mind). To finally compete for the titel we would need a 30 goal striker, but this isn't going to happen.
Anyway I'm as happy as one can be with the early transfers and going to enjoy the next season!

LvGenius had apparently sacked some dude who's been at the club for like 40 years. Took care of the players and stuff they needed done etc.

Genius!

Oxx

You must have to try pretty hard to get fat when you are a professional footballer. Even in the off - season.

Sounds like fun.

Maddox

So when are we gonna start finding out when LvG takes a shite? Or speaks to his mum on the phone? Or how many sugars he has in his tea?

jesalr

Does anybody know much about Musacchio? There are rumours of a £16m + deal for him, but I have no clue who he is. I figured the links were just Argentinian manager wants Argentinian player at first.

Man's out ere cuz ‏@iamhamdi1 12h
For a whole season they mocked united and laughed at our pain, but we are back and we want everything #MUFC

Sometimes the king needs to let a peasant to sit on his throne, but charity is over and the King is back to rule over what's his. #MUFC

For a whole season they mocked united and laughed at our pain, but we are back and we want everything #MUFC

Sometimes the king needs to let a peasant to sit on his throne, but charity is over and the King is back to rule over what's his. #MUFC

Hello rest of premface gaf. The kings are back in town.

iC8GYM1w12hMo.gif

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
And after weeks of exercise I get injured chasing a dog, pulled something in my thigh

LAM09

Ehh. Torres doesn't get enough credit for the effort he puts into the club. He may have lost all that made him great, and might have a lot of sad moments, but he has a work rate unlike many. He pushes himself pretty hard to help in any way he possibly can for the team, knowing he can't be the difference maker scoring goals all the time. Not only that, but he is a really great team player, it is one of the things he is known for. He is really nice and helpful and supportive when he can be.

I feel really bad for the guy, he used to be one of the best in the world. Agh. Such a depressing story, but at least he has been a part of a lot of big wins like Euros, WC, and CL. He has a good haul despite injuries diminishing him so much.

I agree he puts in the effort from time to time, but someone that cost £50m needs to bring more to the party.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
What a cunt.

But fucking Ronnie, those bags are big in Korea
They look fucking awful
and I just know every young guy and gal are now gonna have them.

That sucks, did the dog run off with your ball?

It came over to play and when i tried to pet it it ran away, i went back and it came over again then ran away, I chased it to give it the petting of a lifetime and pulled up. Im actually really sad.

Carbonox

It is done.

0,,10278~13008984,00.jpg

Shame we still have Pardew managing this team. A legitimately good manager could really get something going with this new squad.

I'm upset that players don't hold one of those tonk Sports Direct mugs when doing their promo shot. I'd ensure every player has to do it and stand by a rack of £2 socks and shin pads from Donnay.

Mike Ashley pls.

Hire me.

manual4

Banned
Grats Sevilla on the Supercup.

Casillas to be the keeper for the Super Cup.

How the fuck is this fraud still relevant? How can nobody at club level see how terrible he's become since 2012. This year is going to be horrible, we will lose to some Serie A team in the CL and end up 4th in La Liga.

2004 all over again.

he hasn't played a la liga game since the season before, if nobody at the club was worried about his performance he would still be playing more than cup games

LAM09

Chelsea destroyed him. From one of the best in the world to a laughing stock who can't even get double digits for league goals a season.

We haven't done anything. We have given him plenty chances, but he hasn't grabbed any of them with both hands. He can play decent one game, and awful the next.

Mr Cola

So after tomorrow we can stop all this Vidal nonsense, which is good, it became a very tiresome affair.

Mr Cola

Had a good game yesterday, seems like LvG doesnt want him to play with the starters though, would be interesting if he had a half over Mata to see how good he is with the better players.

Slizz

Had a good game yesterday, seems like LvG doesnt want him to play with the starters though, would be interesting if he had a half over Mata to see how good he is with the better players.

I can see him getting more time on Monday due to the short break in between games.

This looks fun:

tmJjlYI.jpg

Mr Cola

Why tomorrow?

He goes on tour with Juventus, I believe the juve fans have been saying thats when it becomes exponentially more difficult and more poignant that we havent tried to sign him.

Yen

Can anyone link me to highlights of Liverpool last night?
Definitely think we need to sign another top striker if Sturridge gets injured. I'd be up for Bony.

jesalr

"I did my time at PSV but if nice clubs from big leagues ask, of course I will think about it," he told the Sun.

"There is lots of interest but it is an easy option to stay.

"I understand that fans want me to play well this season in Eindhoven, but ultimately I'm the one who decides how my career will look and no one else."
- Depay

LTWheels

Can anyone link me to highlights of Liverpool last night?
Definitely think we need to sign another top striker if Sturridge gets injured. I'd be up for Bony.

We never got out of first gear. We controlled the game without doing anything using essentially our B team for the majority of the match.

Suso scored a good goal. He seems to be our only fit (attacking) midfielder that can shoot for distance.

We definitely need another striker, but it's a question of who is available and at what price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom