• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koko

Banned
arshavin-vs-barcelona-o.gif

Arshavin <3

Wilbur

Banned
Lets not start looking at how long we've been here it'll make everyone want to do a Pulga and announce when they're leaving

I'm in some ridiculous hotel in Dorset for work.

My room's called Olive and the colour scheme is emerald. I have a tub and robes. Killed two moths already, this gaff's in the middle of nowhere.

I fucking love hotels

Nothing better than booking a holiday in at half 11 at night and then fucking until it's bright out

Meier

Is he the one who posts all the articles about TV shows?

Yeah. He's a massive Arsenal and SJ Earthquakes fan. And for years was a dedicated Gentle Lover. His internet was giving him some issues though and he hasn't really played clubs with us since.

Cornballer works for IGN doing television stuff, I believe.

I hadn't heard about this but I just googled his real name (and his GAF name) and IGN and nothing came up, so I don't think so.

Barzul

Cornballer works for IGN doing television stuff, I believe.
He posts in a lot of TV show threads so I can see it.

Yeah. He's a massive Arsenal and SJ Earthquakes fan. And for years was a dedicated Gentle Lover. His internet was giving him some issues though and he hasn't really played clubs with us since.

Wait he's an Arsebro? He really should psot during games. Anyways I've been meaning to get into the MLS Meier, where do I start. Every so often I'll see a game come up on ESPN. I don't even know how many teams are in the league. Is it a regional split like other American sports leagues with playoffs at the end?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The best football poster was Forza Italia, he singlehandedly destroyed everyone in the WC thread :lol JuveGAF's very own Lambda

May he RIP. (Although I'm pretty sure he's using an alt now)
Yurt bby.

You must not allow Juve to destroy you.

We will get through this.
Juve killed the little boy inside of me way back in the 90s. Now they're just mutilating his corpse really.

Wilbur

Banned
This is my fourth FootyGAF season, I joined just before 11/12

I was here for the rise and fall of Kermit the Dog.

I was here for the brief period where Kyoufu reigned supreme.

I was here for the Cunt War.

I was here for juved.

Thankfully I'm here for hiroshawn.

Arnie

I'll be honest I didn't like your shtick when you arrived Nathan, m8.

But you won me over. Big time.

I do miss the days where I could just argue with Kermit all day, though.

He had such a skewed and awkward perception of football it was jokes.

wedward

Beautiful

Does Arsenal GAF ever get sad that due to (what I understand at least) Stadium debt Arsene couldn't bring in the additional quality players to keep Fabregas/RVP there?

No, because in the long run it was worth it. Don't think anyone anticipated us to go 9 years without a trophy though, but remaining in the CL is a pretty good achievement when you look back at it. Think the club made some mistakes along the way, but overall they accomplished what they planned.

Cesc would have stayed if we were winning trophies. Barca were winning more trophies than Arsenal and that along with them being his boyhood club convinced him it was time to leave.

WJD

I joined like a month before Red Scarlet happened.

Then went to FootballThread.com

Then LCVG or whatever it was called.

Then back here for the new brood.

Pennywise

Let's face it though.

Nothing will ever be as good as Death Note. That show changed my life.

Like OddMorsel said.

Monster is wiping the floor with Death Note.

It's better in every aspect, except for some minor stuff like the opening.

Pls.

It's just so much better.

Pennywise present's his top 3 anime.

Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen or Samurai X Trust and Betrayal

It's just an OVA, however it's a THOUSAND times better than the real kenshin series.
Just a beatiful movie that easily brought out tears, the first time I watched it, that's something not happening that often.

Monster
Easily the best series out there.
Unbelievable characters and backstory, if you're German it's even easier to understand alot of references.
I've never seen an author delievering such a complete masterpiece, the Anime can easily be seen as rival to the top notch series out there and would easily attract even non anime viewer.

Legend of Galactic Heroes
125 episodes sounds like alot, but the series could have easily ran for another 50 or so without getting shit.
The series might be a bit old and isn't comparable to the pace and visual style that's in alot of present animes, however it's absolutely worth it.
The show has so many great dialogues and get's the viewer to actually think about different situations.
It's just not about some characters, it's about humanity divided by two factions under two different systems.
Dictatorship and democracy, each system with the flaws and advantages.
Just great :)

Honorable mentions.
Kemonozume
Just a beatiful lovestory with an uncommon setting and one weird artstyle.

Mushishi
<3

Welcome to NHK
It's alot deeper than it looks like.

Wilbur

Banned
Why did Kyoufu (basically) leave?

He said he was bored of everyone saying cunt and bored of reading Pulga's posts

I'll be honest I didn't like your shtick when you arrived Nathan, m8.

But you won me over. Big time.

I do miss the days where I could just argue with Kermit all day, though.

He had such a skewed and awkward perception of football it was jokes.

There comes a time when you've seen someone's arsehole so much that it goes from revolting to familiar. Homely. Warm.

I think part of the charm in some schticks - mine, daniel's incessant lateness, Sal's verbosity, your use of colloquial vernacular and hatred of music and cheese - is that it's genuine, and feels like a real human bean behind it all.

I can never truly fall in love with bud because I only know what one side of his face looks like

yurt this is a warning

Blablurn

Like OddMorsel said.

Monster is wiping the floor with Death Note.

It's better in every aspect, except for some minor stuff like the opening.

Pls.

It's just so much better.

Pennywise present's his top 3 anime.

Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen or Samurai X Trust and Betrayal

It's just an OVA, however it's a THOUSAND times better than the real kenshin series.
Just a beatiful movie that easily brought out tears, the first time I watched it, that's something not happening that often.

Monster
Easily the best series out there.
Unbelievable characters and backstory, if you're German it's even easier to understand alot of references.
I've never seen an author delievering such a complete masterpiece, the Anime can easily be seen as rival to the top notch series out there and would easily attract even non anime viewer.

Legend of Galactic Heroes
125 episodes sounds like alot, but the series could have easily ran for another 50 or so without getting shit.
The series might be a bit old and isn't comparable to the pace and visual style that's in alot of present animes, however it's absolutely worth it.
The show has so many great dialogues and get's the viewer to actually think about different situations.
It's just not about some characters, it's about humanity divided by two factions under two different systems.
Dictatorship and democracy, each system with the flaws and advantages.
Just great :)

Honorable mentions.
Kemonozume
Just a beatiful lovestory with an uncommon setting and one weird artstyle.

Mushishi
<3

Welcome to NHK
It's alot deeper than it looks like.

i bookmarked this post. one day i shall try monster. one day.

Wilbur

Banned
My favourite Kermism is still the whole "I'm a futsal GK, I know what it takes" spiel.

He was actually serious about it.

Remarkable.

Oh yeah that was sublime.

Jeff defeated him in the war of Joe Hart. He admitted defeat at some point last season. VICTORY

Salvadora

That's a shame, Kyoufu was a nice guy.
Hmm not so sure. If he was actually winning stuff here, he would have stayed longer at the very least.
But he already stayed an extra season.

Was destined to go back there, I think. The allure of joining arguably the greatest side in history, going home, and playing with a bunch of his mates was just too much.

Shame his dream turned into a nightmare.

No, because in the long run it was worth it. Don't think anyone anticipated us to go 9 years without a trophy though, but remaining in the CL is a pretty good achievement when you look back at it. Think the club made some mistakes along the way, but overall they accomplished what they planned.

If Henry and ljungberghad finished all the chances against Barca and Kozzer and Szczesny hadn't fucked up . Perception of Arsenal would be very different.

Kyoufu dropped us because Newcastle had a bad season.

He'll be back this year though, back to being top of the wall of shame. Newcastle will be top of the league, Kyoufu will be top of the wall.

Poetry.

Arnie

I remember the days when Salazar and Kyofu would both post 1000 times a thread.

The Golden Age.
I think we should all each ring-fence 1% of our monthly wage to ship Salazar to a timezone that allows him more quality posting time.

I feel like he's using astronomy to avoid the whole Cleverleh debacle.

Mariah Carey's 'Through The Rain'.

Can anyone listen to this song and not sway?

That's a shame, Kyoufu was a nice guy.

But he already stayed an extra season.

Was destined to go back there, I think. The allure of joining arguably the greatest side in history, going home, and playing with a bunch of his mates was just too much.

Shame his dream turned into a nightmare.

Apart from when he was racist...yeah.

Blablurn

for months and months i thought sals name is based on that character from resident evil 4. so i always thought he was a nerd (for some reason his posts always caught my attention. so i actually developed an opinion about him). but of course once i saw him posting more and more in the footy thread i found out that his name is not based on RE4 and that he's not a real nerd lol. i like sal!

Wilbur

Banned
for months and months i thought sals name is based on that character from resident evil 4. so i always thought he was a nerd (for some reason his posts always caught my attention. so i actually developed an opinion about him). but of course once i saw him posting more and more in the footy thread i found out that his name is not based on RE4 and that he's not a real nerd lol. i like sal!

not a real nerd lol it's based on a Harry potter character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom