• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicktendo86

Its the right thing, a few weeks ago it dawned on me after reading the redcafe thread on him that at no point was anyone posting any actual news that this was rediculous, on the positive side at least we are playing attractive football, thats what matters to me.
I feel better already cola. And you're right, can see that we are actually using the ball in training, and even with our shit defence have only conceded two penalties and a freak half way line goal, plenty to be positive about now.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
There's another month in the transfer window. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. Quit worrying about it happening and be glad if it does.

Easy to say when you have just snatched Lampard from us big guns

Share the wealth Meier :(

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Adam-Lallana-french-connection-turtle-kneck-1024x768.jpg

Just spotted that Lallana is doing modelling for fcuk. No.

I never noticed this before but he looks like one of the chuckle brothers

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Villarreal coach Marcelino accepts that centre-back Mateo Musacchio is set to join Tottenham.

Spurs had been considering an offer for the 23-year-old after he was voted the Spanish club’s player of the season in 2013-14 and are now on the verge of completing a deal, with the selling team satisfied with the terms.

Marcelino now "expects" Musacchio to make the switch to White Hart Lane, despite how difficult he sees the task of finding a replacement.

He told reporters: "It's a situation with three parties: the player, the buyer and the club in the middle and, as I have said many times, if the club sell an important player it's because the right conditions to do so have been met.

"Things will change quite a lot [for this team]. The quality and level of [Musacchio] will make it difficult to find a replacement.

I'm excited about this signing, I think he's someone we can make into a great defender.

Mirror also saying:

Pochettino, who has already drafted in £10million left-back Ben Davies from Swansea, wants Musacchio and Jan Vertonghen to be his centre-back pairing.

Younes Kaboul and new signing Eric Dier are set to provide back-up, but Michael Dawson is up for grabs.

Romanian Vlad Chiriches is also set to get a chance to battle his way into Pochettino’s plans, despite interest from Roma.

That would be perfect. Off to Hull please Dawson, with Fulham relegated they are our new scrapheap.

Arnie

Musacchio was a key component of my five year spell at Napoli, with four title wins and a Champions League victory at the end of it.

He's a great lad. Wish him all the best.

dc89

Nasri on Lampard:

"We’ll particularly benefit from having him in the Champions League because that’s where we need to improve this year. He’s a great player and any team will benefit from his experience. He’s won and I think he can help us. It’s good that he’s an English player too and we’ve had a little problem with that.”

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
MoPo actually seems to be making some intelligent signings unlike Spurs' last season scatter-gun approach to transfers.

He has definitely prioritised defensive signings. Reserve keeper, left back and 2 CBs. Now we can focus on abducting Schneiderlin and Rodriguez, I wouldn't be surprised if Chadli, Naughton, Dawson etc are offered as make-weights.

He has definitely prioritised defensive signings. Reserve keeper, left back and 2 CBs. Now we can focus on abducting Schneiderlin and Rodriguez, I wouldn't be surprised if Chadli, Naughton, Dawson etc are offered as make-weights.

I assume Walker is still going to be your RB?

3Sixty

Can't believe is missed #AskLovren my whole life had been leading up to that moment.

Also signing to be unveiled tomorrow.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Just watched the vice documentary on British bare knuckle boxing, fascinating, great ending too, they do really good stuff.

Lightning

Banned
Can MoPo prevent the 20 years of finishing in our rear mirror? Hahahahahaha I'm going to enjoy us crushing Pochettino.

Carbonox

Obertan destroyed Schalke today. He was like a man possessed. Probably by Ben Arfa by way of some weirdo French voodoo shit.

Rolando Aarons is Newcastle's Raheem Sterling (even born in the same fucking city). Guy's the most talented youngster I've seen play for this club. Where did Jamaica get this Golden generation from?

Today was a good day.

Lascelles is supposed to be signing for us too apparently. I'd just throw him in at the deep end and start him alongside Coloccini. Fuck Steven Taylor.

I never noticed this before but he looks like one of the chuckle brothers

:lol :lol He fucking does.

Showaddy

Can MoPo prevent the 20 years of finishing in our rear mirror? Hahahahahaha I'm going to enjoy us crushing Pochettino.

Lol you if you couldn't crush Spurs last season when everyone else was murdering them I doubt you'll manage it when they've got competent manager.

3Sixty

Obertan destroyed Schalke today. He was like a man possessed. Probably by Ben Arfa by way of some weirdo French voodoo shit.

Rolando Aarons is Newcastle's Raheem Sterling (even born in the same fucking city). Guy's the most talented youngster I've seen play for this club. Where did Jamaica get this Golden generation from?

Today was a good day.

On 3 August 2014, Rolando Aarons scored an Amazing goal against Schalke 04 in the Schalke 04 cup which Malaga FC won but also in the match he scored his first senior NUFC goal he also got an assist but his Teammate Remy Cabella won man of the match.

excellent Wiki. Would read again

LAM09

Today was a good day.

Lascelles is supposed to be signing for us too apparently. I'd just throw him in at the deep end and start him alongside Coloccini. Fuck Steven Taylor.

:lol :lol He fucking does.

Aarons looked really good.

Carbonox

On 3 August 2014, Rolando Aarons scored an Amazing goal against Schalke 04 in the Schalke 04 cup which Malaga FC won but also in the match he scored his first senior NUFC goal he also got an assist but his Teammate Remy Cabella won man of the match.

excellent Wiki. Would read again

Rolando wrote that.

Lightning

Banned
Lol you if you couldn't crush Spurs last season when everyone else was murdering them I doubt you'll manage it when they've got competent manager.
We finished in cl spots, beat you in 3 games, didn't concede a goal, knocked you of the FA cup while we went on to win it?

Crushed. 1 goal or 5 goals it all counts for the same. 3 games to zip last season buddy.

Mr Cola

I remember when we had Obertan, we seem to love hording these incredibly fast players with no output, Zaha being the latest, anyone remember Bellion? My my he was bad.

Carbonox

Obertan's so fast he runs faster than the ball. That's legit skill. He zooms down that wing and the ball's left behind. Martian Football is a legit brand of Football.

Showaddy

We finished in cl spots, beat you in 3 games, didn't concede a goal, knocked you of the FA cup while we went on to win it?

Crushed. 1 goal or 5 goals it all counts for the same. 3 games to zip last season buddy.

Lol you scraped a 1-0 against Tactics Tim, all the top teams absolutely shafted Spurs. Maybe we just have different definitions of crushed.

Mr Cola

Still trying to find the next Ronaldo innit

Is our scouting system even that good? I maybe having selectively bad memory but who is the last player other than Ronaldo that we have bought in young, nurtured and become a mainstay? Im not talking about academy players here.

Im sure im having a brainfart and people can probably name 5

Edit: De Gea

Lightning

Banned
Lol you scraped a 1-0 against Tactics Tim, all the top teams absolutely shafted Spurs. Maybe we just have different definitions of crushed.
Your dumbo Levy appointed him, along with all those lol signings. Pochettino will be added to the long list of failed Spurs managers.

inky

Is our scouting system even that good? I maybe having selectively bad memory but who is the last player other than Ronaldo that we have bought in young, nurtured and become a mainstay? Im not talking about academy players here.

Ronaldo was scouted by the players (not the staff) after he defeated them in a friendly didn't he?

I mean, I'm sorta joking, I'm sure other clubs were in for him at the time and England coaches knew about him, but I remember Fergie telling the story of how he came to be interested in him after that match, when basically every single one of his players was like "pls, sign him!"

Mr Cola

Ronaldo was scouted by the players (not the staff) after he defeated them in a friendly didn't he?

I mean, I'm sorta joking, I'm sure other clubs were in for him at the time and England coaches knew about him, but I remember Fergie telling the story of how he came to be interested in him after that match, when basically every single one of his players was like "pls, sign him!"

It was Giggs and Neville who made a strong case I believe, as far as Giggs himself recounts it.

The truth is, our scouting system is not the best at all, we have waaaaaaaaaaay too many flops.

Lightning

Banned
Haha you know maybe he will. Still won't turn scraping a win against a collapsing team into a crushing defeat lol
Crushing was 3 wins and finishing ahead of you for 19 years. Not the margin. Our definitions are different, I'm not talking about a single game I'm talking about your club in general.

Spurs/Arsenal is always fun...
You'll be able to enjoy it when Pochettino finishes 7th and gets the sack at the end of the season. Grass is not always greener and is never green at Spurs!

Mr Cola

Have spurs been active this window? Do they have any money left after last summer?

Showaddy

Have spurs been active this window? Do they have any money left after last summer?

MoPo seems to have fixed the defence with a couple of solid signings which is a good sign, nothing to flashy. Doubt Levy will give him much cash for attacking positions when his main will be to get last seasons transfers working.

Nobody that has blossomed that well. I wouldn't even count De Gea I mean his talent was known before we got him.

Probably Hernandez and Rafael can come closest.

Clegg

Hold on, United were definitely after Ronaldo before that friendly. The recommendations of the players just pushed that through.

I've not always been pleased by our scouting, the inability to find a cm for years has been shocking. But we have managed to find a good uns.

Carbonox

Graeme Bailey @GraemeBailey
Newcastle United in for Jamaal Lascelles and Karl Darlow at Nottingham Forest...hoping for quick deals. Probably loan them back.

Supposedly being done within the next 24 hours.

Mike Ashley pls. Stop spending.
ib2prFi25kEdBe.png

Scum

In many ways they just need the new manager to make the current crop fire.

All I ask is for Levy to leave MoPo alone for the whole season, regardless off how it turns out. I'm just after stability, first and foremost, and then consistency....

...and to be rid of Dawson & Naughton.

EmiPrime

All I ask is for Levy to leave MoPo alone for the whole season, regardless off how it turns out. I'm just after stability, first and foremost, and then consistency....

He will show some improvement over the course of the season then Levy will fire him as soon as the team has a dodgy run for a couple of months.

The Spurs cycle.

Showaddy

Apparently there's a hitch in selling Dawson because he's due a testimonial. Snowball's chance in hell of him actually getting one but Levy's refusing to compensate him for the lost £££ lol

He's probably going to stay this season as 6th choice then leave on the free next summer when his contract runs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom