• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

Lets be honest.

Wilbz would end up touching someone inappropriately.
I'd probably chin someone.
Will would pull before we even met up.
WJD would spend the entire night showing everyone his photos from Skiing and traveling America.
Hixx and the rest of Newcastle Gaf would have a scrap.
Arnie would insist on giving us an overly in depth review on a pack of pork scratchings he found on the tube.
L1NETT would shock everyone by not being Charlie Brooker.
Wooden would miss his plane
Bla would get the wrong plane to Japan.
Wes would end up feeling like he had to chaperone the evening.
Arsenal GAF would have commited mass suicide by then.
Viva would insist on only going to pubs that sold halal beer.

sohois

I'm up for a meet-up.

But I want Meus there.

I think Meus was the very first internet person I ever met. He won some Mass Effect 2 contest to see the game early and just posted up a thread looking for someone else to go since it was for 2 people and I was the one chosen.

Little awkward at first. Nice guy though, people always look different than you think they will

Blablurn

Lets be honest.

WJD would spend the entire night showing everyone his photos from Skiing and traveling America.
Arnie would insist on giving us an overly in depth review on a pack of pork scratchings he found on the tube.
Lol

rvy

Banned
Lets be honest.

/dead

Wilbur

Banned
Lets be honest.

Strangely accurate, although I have to question whether the touching wouldn't be welcome

I have never missed a plane, please. I did however once forget my passport.

Are you around London august 17? I'm gonna set this shit up if people are up for it.

That's my first day back to uni.
b3rWHTL.png

Edit : wait, that's a Sunday. It can't be. I guess they meant that's the last day of our holidays then.

3Sixty

FortuneFaded, L1NNET, Bumhead and that Portsmouth fans who name i can't exactly remember. (Sorry) Would all be sat in a corner taking the intricacies of the big man little man strike partnership, terraces and bovril and pie combo's.

Wilbur

Banned
FortuneFaded, L1NNET, Bumhead and that Portsmouth fans who name i can't exactly remember. (Sorry) Would all be sat in a corner taking the intricacies of the big man little man strike partnership, terraces and bovril and pie combo's.

Christ imagine a conversation between Linny and Marc

they'd end up scuffing over which ale really was the most oaty

WJD

Lets be honest.

I'm assuming you missed out dc because he turns up the day after?

Pennywise

I haven't read Billy Bat yet. How did you like it? Pluto was just so damn good, I feel like the shorter length (8 volumes as I recall?) maybe was slightly beneficial.
Pluto had limited source material, as it was just a sidestory within the original Astro Boy.
So it was fine like that.

Billy Bat is rather hard to explain.
There's so much stuff going on and so many characters and timelines.
You get alot of historical characters that play a role within the manga like Einstein, Lee Harvey Oswald and even Hitler.

I'm only at manga 7 yet, as it takes some time until they're released in Germany.
Japan got to volume 14, so there might be another person that would be better to form an opinion.
So far, it's really confusing and alot of stuff needs to be explained, but it's really interesting.
Not regretting it and I'm really looking forward to the next volume.
So you should give it a shot, just don't expect a clear line with the first manga.

Clydefrog

I've always kinda wanted to experience running through an airport at light speed in order to catch my plane at the very last second.

rvy

Banned
Ya'll know a lot about mangoes.

Only mango that matters is Berserk and Vagabond though. Sorry to be the one to break the news to you. All the other mangoes don't come close.

Wilbur

Banned
I've always kinda wanted to experience running through an airport at light speed in order to catch my plane at the very last second.

Why don't you book a really cheap flight one day to another City in the USA and then do it

If you miss it then you miss it

If you catch it then you're still in the same country it's cool

3Sixty

Ronald Koeman has added Dutch World Cup defender Stefan de Vrij to his shortlist to replace Dejan Lovren.

Southampton’s Croatian ace Lovren, 25, is poised to complete a £20million move to Liverpool this week.

Mirror Sport revealed yesterday that Aston Villa centre-back Ron Vlaar is among the possible replacements.

But Saints boss Koeman is also a big fan of Feyenoord star De Vrij.

---

AWWWWWWW YISS

L1NETT

I really have given the impression i'm a cynical old pie loving fuck

Might have to start acting young to balance it out

what do kids like these days

is happy slapping still a thing

Clydefrog

Why don't you book a really cheap flight one day to another City in the USA and then do it

If you miss it then you miss it

If you catch it then you're still in the same country it's cool

It needs to have true meaning and consequence if I actually miss it!

Linius

Anyways, I'm in London the 17th. I'll probably post the day before I leave to see if anyone wants to meet at a pub and drink. I'll entertain myself anyways. Dunno what Farid's plans are for sunday but maybe he's still in London too. I don't even know if I have a place to sleep yet for sunday :p

Elchele

I once got called up with the speaker in the airport because the flight was already ready to leave and of course I was the only one who went to the wrong gate.

When I entered the plane, everyone gave a terrible death stare

I was like 16yo in Miami Airport tho. Please understand

rvy

Banned
I once got called up with the speaker in the airport because the flight was already ready to leave and of course I was the only one who went to the wrong gate.

When I entered the plane, everyone gave a terrible death stare

I was like 16yo in Miami Airport tho. Please understand
They gave you a terrible stare because you look like Pepe, pls.

That elbow. :bow

sepedk.gif

orrkjj.gif

What a man, elbows a brøndby cunt first chance he gets and in a reserve match, which means he isnt even banned from the real league lol. How could your friend hate this man, Elsk?

Arnie

Lets be honest.

The Bla one killed me.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sounds like we really are interested in Griezmann, Telegraph are saying we want him to be Bale's successor (wasn't that supposed to be Lamela?). I think we could pay £25m for him but would he really choose us over Monaco? Maybe Hugo can convince him.

If we got him, Davies and Vorm I would be satisfied with our window, I'm willing to give Soldado et al another go. A CB isn't quite so important now that Vertonghen will be playing at CB again and unless we shift a CM then Scheiderlin isn't going to be worth getting.

Pennywise

Ya'll know a lot about mangoes.

Only mango that matters is Berserk and Vagabond though. Sorry to be the one to break the news to you. All the other mangoes don't come close.

While I absolutely love Vagabond, I prefer Homunculus for being unconventional.

NSFW

WJD

Start my first day on placement on Friday and I've been asked to dress "casual".

I'm aware this doesn't mean shorts and a t-shirt so... Chinos and a shirt?

Arnie

There's no such thing as a Bale replacement. Griezmann certainly isn't it.

And I doubt he'd move to Spurs anyway. Another club would swoop. A club with realistic chances of doing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom