• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvy

Banned
Start my first day on placement on Friday and I've been asked to dress "casual".

I'm aware this doesn't mean shorts and a t-shirt so... Chinos and a shirt?

As long as they're not rainbow colored. Sounds like a sure bet.

Ronald Koeman has added Dutch World Cup defender Stefan de Vrij to his shortlist to replace Dejan Lovren.

Southampton’s Croatian ace Lovren, 25, is poised to complete a £20million move to Liverpool this week.

Mirror Sport revealed yesterday that Aston Villa centre-back Ron Vlaar is among the possible replacements.

But Saints boss Koeman is also a big fan of Feyenoord star De Vrij.

---

AWWWWWWW YISS

He's coming to united

piss off

omgkitty

Start my first day on placement on Friday and I've been asked to dress "casual".

I'm aware this doesn't mean shorts and a t-shirt so... Chinos and a shirt?

Yeah go for a nice button up shirt just in case. Maybe keep a tie with you. Better to go in over prepared the first day and you can adjust from there.

sohois

Sounds like we really are interested in Griezmann, Telegraph are saying we want him to be Bale's successor (wasn't that supposed to be Lamela?). I think we could pay £25m for him but would he really choose us over Monaco? Maybe Hugo can convince him.

If we got him, Davies and Vorm I would be satisfied with our window, I'm willing to give Soldado et al another go. A CB isn't quite so important now that Vertonghen will be playing at CB again.

Monaco ain't shit in the end. Unless they just offer far far more to a club, which wouldn't matter with Griezman who has a release clause, they just have very very little to offer a player.

Even with CL, the french connection and the allure of the region itself I think Tottenham would have the edge.

A CB isn't quite so important now that...

article-128198682283563d52.jpg

jtb

Banned
Monaco ain't shit in the end. Unless they just offer far far more to a club, which wouldn't matter with Griezman who has a release clause, they just have very very little to offer a player.

Even with CL, the french connection and the allure of the region itself I think Tottenham would have the edge.

Money? I don't know what the tax situation is like w/ Ligue 1 (I remember talk of them paying a big one time fee but I forget) but I thought it was a tax haven in addition to being bankrolled by oil money

WJD

Casual fridays?

Fucking office workers.

Not casual Friday but an event outside the office.
Fred Perry polo, Fila jacket, Puma Suede's m8.
get bent m8
As long as they're not rainbow colored. Sounds like a sure bet.

Yeah go for a nice button up shirt just in case. Maybe keep a tie with you. Better to go in over prepared the first day and you can adjust from there.

Cheers lovers.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Eh, he was mind-blowingly bad in that game the other day but normally he's adequate for the chaff we play in the cup competitions. Kaboul, Vertonghen and Chiriches are all decent players for the league, I think we'd be OK. With Lovren going to Liverpool who could we get that's better?

There's that Lascelles kid but is he ready for PL football? Maybe we'll sign him but loan him back to Forest.

sohois

Money? I don't know what the tax situation is like w/ Ligue 1 (I remember talk of them paying a big one time fee but I forget) but I thought it was a tax haven in addition to being bankrolled by oil money

They could, but:

a) even Monaco aren't going to offer someone like that crazy wages of £120k+

and

b) with the wealth of the EPL and Tottenham's lack of spending, they can easily offer Griezman huge stacks of money anyway, maybe not a match but enough to make the difference irrelevant.

Yes there is tax to consider but it's not like there aren't ways around that anyway.

quick muppetry:

- Javi Garcia leaving City, could go to Napoli.
- Robinho left AC Milan, should be heading either to Brazil or MLS's Orland City (Neymar's fate).
- Monaco wants Inter's Mauro Icardi and is willing to play 30 million €.

Eh, he was mind-blowingly bad in that game the other day but normally he's adequate for the chaff we play in the cup competitions. Kaboul, Vertonghen and Chiriches are all decent players for the league, I think we'd be OK. With Lovren going to Liverpool who could we get that's better?

There's that Lascelles kid but is he ready for PL football? Maybe we'll sign him but loan him back to Forest.

Problem is that one of those is currently injured and was injured quite a bit last season, one is permanently injured, and one you can say is definitely going to get injured.

Prepare for Dawson - Fryers

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Problem is that one of those is currently injured and was injured quite a bit last season, one is permanently injured, and one you can say is definitely going to get injured.

Prepare for Dawson - Fryers

Fucking Fryers, kid's a donkey and always will be. Veljkovic already looks more composed and aware, he might get a chance. He looked OK with Kaboul against Sounders.

Pennywise

Listen, Penny.

Berserk has horses raping teenage girls, but this is too much for me.

Well, it's really a great manga.
I just choose one of the more weird images, the storyline itself is awesome.
It's confusing and fucking your mind, but in the end it's so satisfying and really explains everything.

Have you watched Basilisk? I would like to know your opinion on it if you have.
Nope, just saw the first half of the first episode, but somehow had other stuff piling up.

I just googled this. Why are they licking ass so much?

Like I already said above, that's stuff from the last volume.
There isn't so much sexual stuff going on, and there's a good explanation for the scenes you saw :p

Timurid

They could, but:

a) even Monaco aren't going to offer someone like that crazy wages of £120k+

and

b) with the wealth of the EPL and Tottenham's lack of spending, they can easily offer Griezman huge stacks of money anyway, maybe not a match but enough to make the difference irrelevant.

Yes there is tax to consider but it's not like there aren't ways around that anyway.
The only incentive that Tottenham has is a move to Madrid in a few years time. Monaco has that too, they can offer him more money, better locale, UCL, and can win stuff.

wedward

Come on boys let's bring back the title next year and have another strong run in the champions league and go 1 step further and get into the final. Costa, Luis, Fabregas are going to be quality let's make them players feel welcome and adapt with their World Class talents, silver-wear is what we need to bring back to Stamford bridge in the on-coming season!!! #CFC

sohois

The only incentive that Tottenham has is a move to Madrid in a few years time. Monaco has that too, they can offer him more money, better locale, UCL, and can win stuff.

It's probably a lot easier to get out of Tottenham than it is Monaco, in the end.

And Monaco aren't winning shit. And don't say they came second in Ligue cause that sure as fuck doesn't count as winning anything. If Griezman wants to advance as a player and actually earn a move or be good enough to win stuff then he'll go to a real team in a real league.

Come on boys let's bring back the title next year and have another strong run in the champions league and go 1 step further and get into the final. Costa, Luis, Fabregas are going to be quality let's make them players feel welcome and adapt with their World Class talents, silver-wear is what we need to bring back to Stamford bridge in the on-coming season!!! #CFC

I thought you were a gooner

Scum

Usho, pls. Splash the cash. Get me Hummels or Caulker.

quick muppetry:

- Javi Garcia leaving City, could go to Napoli.
- Robinho left AC Milan, should be heading either to Brazil or MLS's Orland City (Neymar's fate).
- Monaco wants Inter's Mauro Icardi and is willing to play 30 million €.

#LambdaITK

Linius

First time in my life I drink beer with the guy I'm stealing a TV from. What a gentleman.

What a time to be alive.

I think the TV in this apartment won't even cover the money you'd have to spend on gas to get here. It's a small HD ready TV :p

Who recommended that The Kings of Summer movie? I bet it was you Randy Andy, I didn't like it

Alison Brie though
ibcQEAknQpBd7i.png

L1nneet recommended it yesterday. I liked it too. Saw it last year.

rvy

Banned
I think the TV in this apartment won't even cover the money you'd have to spend on gas to get here. It's a small HD ready TV :p

I can't get there under one hour with a car, bby.

You need to get me at the airport.

I'll drink with you.

Put you to bed.

Steal it and come back.

Come on Mou, make Didier official so I can buy the jersey.

Also, you guys think he will get a different number or that Oscar will give up the 11 to Didier (He should)? Probably will still put 11 on the back regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom