• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

Spurs being in for Griezmann makes me think he must not really be that good. but damn replacing Podolski with Griezmann would be an amazing upgrade, too good to be true I fear

I mean, Spurs have bought some great players. I love Eriksen and still hate the fact that they picked him up.

wedward

Spurs being in for Griezmann makes me think he must not really be that good. but damn replacing Podolski with Griezmann would be an amazing upgrade, too good to be true I fear

It's one of this transfers that as an arsenal fan makes too much sense to happen.

Scum

ilX0hFGHIwn1N.gif

omgkitty

It's one of this transfers that as an arsenal fan makes too much sense to happen.

Here's this player that Arsene likes and likens to Pires and he plays in a position where we could really use some strengthening and he's available for a set price that's reasonable and he'd most likely come. Goes somewhere else.

jtb

Banned
Here's this player that Arsene likes and likens to Pires and he plays in a position where we could really use some strengthening and he's available for a set price that's reasonable and he'd most likely come. Goes somewhere else.

and you didn't even mention the best part: he's French!

also, saying they've bought "great" players is a bit generous. but that's as much due to dropping all these players into the squad without any coherent plan—most of their transfers made a lot of sense on paper. still: Soldado, Lamela, Paulinho all had horrific first seasons

ATF487

Valbuena to Dynamo Moscow breaks my heart. Can LFC just buy him to keep him from pissing his career away in Russia? Just throw some of that Suarez money at him.

GQman2121

Banned

Griezmann is a solid young player. He wouldn't become shit until he finalized a move to Spurs. It's the actual act of movement to the club that would be his undoing.

rvy

Banned
Did anyone else watch James Richardson and Football Italia? I loved it. Bald, classy, knowledgeable guy who dressed decent and told me about things.

I grew up thinking that's how all British people were.

That turned out to be a complete lie.

24331-square.jpg

James is still dope though.

wedward

Doesnt really make any sense at all considering our problem areas (DM, GK, CB)

I love Podlolski so hope he doesn't go

Left wing can be upgraded. If that means replacing Podolski for someone better we should do it.

Don't be sentimental about it.

So hungry for football I'm watching Rangers vs some local team in Victoria, BC on Rangers TV. They're playing a friendly in Ottawa on Wednesday and I'd love to go but I can't get the day off work.

omgkitty

Left wing can be upgraded. If that means replacing Podolski for someone better we should do it.

Don't be sentimental about it.

Exactly. Just because he's a nice guy and can bang them in every once in a while, he doesn't fit into our system very well and is pretty much useless if he isn't scoring. Someone like Griezmann
Reus
is perfect for us because he can play in the system and he can score.

valeo

Exactly. Just because he's a nice guy and can bang them in every once in a while, he doesn't fit into our system very well and is pretty much useless if he isn't scoring. Someone like Griezmann
Reus

We have other problem areas. Wasting our time on a marginal upgrade (and thats what it would be , dont kid yourselves) seems more than a little silly. Bit like spurs buying Vorm ..

omgkitty

We have other problem areas. Wasting our time on a marginal upgrade (and thats what it would be , dont kid yourselves) seems more than a little silly. Bit like spurs buying Vorm ..

I'd say right now it would be marginal if it was Griezmann, but in a year or two it wouldn't. The kid can score goals. He put 16 in La Liga last season. That's already more than Santi and Podolski.

Reus
Can Griezmann track back and contribute defensively? If not, he's probably not worth pursuing for Arsenal.

wedward

Can Griezmann track back and contribute defensively? If not, he's probably not worth pursuing for Arsenal.

All professionals can. It's a question of will they.

We currently have Podolski and cazorla on the left. Can't imagine Griezmann is worse than those two defensively.

Did anyone else watch James Richardson and Football Italia? I loved it. Bald, classy, knowledgeable guy who dressed decent and told me about things.

I grew up thinking that's how all British people were.

That turned out to be a complete lie.

24331-square.jpg

James is still dope though.

He was one of the main reasons why i didn't learn Italian when I was growing
The other being my dad and Nonna were useless
. football Italia was on at the same time as my Italian school lessons and I hated not being able to watch it, so made my parents pull me out. How I regret it now.

valeo

I'd say right now it would be marginal if it was Griezmann, but in a year or two it wouldn't. The kid can score goals. He put 16 in La Liga last season. That's already more than Santi and Podolski.

Upgrading a bench player for a guy like Griezmann would make sense if we were City or Chelsea; but we've still got holes to fill. Need a CB; maybe 2 if Verm leaves. A GK. A DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom