• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
Genuinely think Reina is a better player and better fit for us than Mignolet at the moment.

Couldn't disagree more - I think you may be looking back at Reina's last couple of seasons here with rose-tinted glasses Hitch :p

Mig will be fine, he just needs to work of his confidence and command of his box.

Being linked with Manquillo again this morning. Not sure if want? Can't be worse than Johnson tbf.

Couldn't disagree more - I think you may be looking back at Reina's last couple of seasons here with rose-tinted glasses Hitch :p

Mig will be fine, he just needs to work of his confidence and command of his box.

Basing it on what I saw an read reported of Napoli last season, I'm well aware that he was unacceptably poor an untrustworthy for at least 2 seasons before Mignolet came in

Just wasn't impressed at all with Mig last season tbh. If shot-stopping is your only exception attribute as a keeper, it had better be nearly fucking faultless, and it isn't.

Wonder if Rodgers is settling for a defensive rightback, surely we'd be in for Aurier otherwise?

Anyone had night terrors before? Very very frequently now will I experience these.

1. Falling asleep is fine
2. Get a feeling I'm asleep but awake
3. Creepy shit starts happening in my bedroom (my quilt melting on me is the most common one and has appeared to me more than once)
4. It's all very visual as if it's literally happening in real life
5. I properly wake up, stand there in my room feeling like a twat and then laughing it off.
6. Go back to sleep.

Can happen multiple times a week. Looking up online I discovered that these are all due to night terrors which can be caused by sleep deprivation (most likely for me as aside from like one night a week I will usually sleep 6 hours or so but that never used to be a problem) or stress (work can be stressful but ultimately it's fine and enjoyable so not sure where this would come from).

This description sums it up best:

Or I'm just on crack and I don't even know it.
i7dpiKYLNAyne.png

Happened to me so often as soon as I wake up I just go back to sleep. I also break out of them pretty fast now. I have mastered the night terror waves.

GQman2121

Banned
What's up with this Drogba news? He really going back to Chelsea?

I think they really should work with Lukaku, but it really sounds like he's going to be sold off if they aren't able to sell Torres.

It's happening. He's currently not under contract and would not be that expensive. He'll play one year; retire after the season and join the coaching staff full time.

Torres and Lukaku are going nowhere--but for completely different reasons. They each have two years remaining on their current contacts.

Torres is broken goods. He's clearly dead inside, has lost his passion for the game and will gladly stay on the bench collecting his £170k a week. Clubs know this and are turned off. Atletico couldn't distance themselves from being linked any faster if they had Usain Bolt handling their PR.

Lukaku seems to be staying with us. And I doubt Drogba joining would affect that. No one appears to want to meet our evaluation, which is anywhere from £20-30m. Also, Everton seem to be keen on a loan for Christian Astu, so a loan for Lukaku would be out of the question.

Walshy

They're pretty hit and miss I think. I know very little about Manquillo to be honest. I get the impression that he's far more comfortable defending than attacking.
Thanks. Hopefully an upgrade on Johnson. If we was going for a RB, I'm surpised we didn't go for Aurier.

Wisdom has gone on loan to WBA. Great loan deal for all parties.

Mastadon

Banned
Thanks. Hopefully an upgrade on Johnson. If we was going for a RB, I'm surpised we didn't go for Aurier.

Wisdom has gone on loan to WBA. Great loan deal for all parties.

I suppose the fact that Aurier will have ACoN commitments is putting people off

With a proper DM Özil is superior. Cesc is better with more goals but not by that many and defensively. Özil is superior in every other area in my view. The space Özil creates for others is amazing and he hardly ever loses the ball, tremendous skill.

Ramsey not as offensive as a Cesc but defensively much more disciplined and his offense gets better and better. I'd choose Ramsey personally. If Fab played for us it would be between him and Özil. Wenger basically confirmed this when telling Cesc no thank you.

have you really forgottten how good Fabregas is? His range of passing is much better than Ozil and can do everything that Ozil can except for maybe dribbling. Fabregas is better in a less advanced position. Playing as high up as Ozil is not gonna get the best out of him.

I think Chelsea are gonna win the league and Fabregas will blow the league away again.

Carbonox

Newcastle 3-0 Sydney FC

Riviere scored his first goal and Siem de Jong scored his second goal in as many friendlies. Chuffed for them.

Watched The Strain's episode 2 last night, and I'm still liking it. People who nitpick are the fucking worst "but..it's the Centers FOR Disease & Control not OF Disease & Control. THE WRITERS ARE STUPID". How can you enjoy anything in life if you're so fixated on inconsequential details

just fucking enjoy the show and David Bradley :p

Yeah I thought it was a good episode. Can't wait to see more from The Master and the ending was all sorts of creepy.

Nyx

Bloke clearly only interested in the money then.

Going to rot on a bench in his prime years.

Or Lloris will move this summer.

I also think he could outplay Lloris and become the starting goalie.
But that's probably because I'm a fan of Michel.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Bloke clearly only interested in the money then.

Going to rot on a bench in his prime years.

Well we all know that Lloris will only be here in 15/16 if we get into the CL. Vorm gets to join a big club on a nice wage and if we don't finish in the top 4 then he becomes the first choice keeper. Surely any player would rather have a crack at a big club than go to a mid-table team like Vorm would if we hadn't gone in for him.

Or Lloris will move this summer.

I also think he could outplay Lloris and become the starting goalie.
But that's probably because I'm a fan of Michel.

Lloris signed a new 5 year contract a week ago, he is not going anywhere this summer.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Morata is out for 50 days. Two months. Fuck.
LOOOOL it's just funny now really
Goddamn that's an ugly kit.
the Undefeated shirt, unfortunately. :(
Yeah I thought it was a good episode. Can't wait to see more from The Master and the ending was all sorts of creepy.

spoilers
I'm glad The Master isn't some mindless creature

Liked it. I'm watching Penny Dreadful atm and that is pretty creepy as well. Loving it.

Yeah? I thought people hated it! How good are we talking here

Carbonox

LOOOOL it's just funny now really

the Undefeated shirt, unfortunately. :(

spoilers
I'm glad The Master isn't some mindless creature

Yeah? I thought people hated it! How good are we talking here

Penny Dreadful was alright. Eva Green is superb in it and there are some decent scenes/other performances (I liked Josh Hartnett too) but the general plot progression is quite dull and there are some shit characters in it. Sometimes it feels as if nothing is happening and often times nothing ever happens of interest. The only plots of interest to me involved Eva Green and Josh Hartnett actually. The suggestions towards future plot aspects/characters are promising though.

Will watch season 2 when that debuts but otherwise it was a very up and down show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom