• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJD

It's OK...

But I live in Shropshire soooo...

It's like the south and the north (and everywhere else in the world) in the way that it's got nice bits and shite bits, but it's worse than those because it lacks any sort of individual character. There's nothing going on and the football teams are mostly dull outside of maybe Forrest, Villa and Leicester.

Feorax

Would you be happy with:

RB: Flanagan/Johnson/Manquillo
LB: Moreno/Enrique/Smith

for full back positions?

As in Brad Smith? Yeah, I could live with that.

And I think it's just erring on the safe side. Flanno did well last year, but he needs to do it consistently. If Flanno can't replicate his form and Johnson shits the bed again we would be in serious trouble.

Feorax

Ok, apparently the Manquillo deal is a 2 year loan with a 6 mil Euro option to buy, but Atletico would also have a buy back option with any permanent deal.

Fucking weird deal that.

sohois

Liverpool probably aren't bothered about including a buyback since they can just blow Atletico away with wages if it came to that.

Barzul

We're being linked to Nastasic to replace Vermaelen. That + a DM is great summer business. Gnabry is linked to Newcastle on a loan.

Mastadon

Banned
Bringing in a metric ton of players and none who could even attempt to fill the Suarez shaped void, quality wise.

We've signed three players.

Even so, what's the alternative? We were going to bring a number of players in either way to cope with the demands of European football. It's been pretty widely reported that they players we've brought in so far weren't dependent on Suarez, and would have been signed had he stayed. Our squad depth was shite last year, and we've addressed that an improved that aspect significantly.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I like how this guy is playing it safe "Vidal - Welcome to United or Madrid"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9K4wgTeP28

JUV3-1KOB.gif

go away Vidal, it's Asamoah's time to shine

95176462b5ce06b29452fb018757eca5.gif

sohois

The Spurs revisionism is peculiar. It is now the accepted narrative that Spurs went out and bought in just a bunch of squad players and were left with zero quality to replace Bale. But this seems to be based entirely on hindsight, when if you asked people the same question last summer they would be convinced Spurs had done great business, hence predictions for title challenges and what not.

Spurs didn't use the Bale money to bring in a bunch of nobodies. The vast majority of the money, £75million, was spent on 3 players - Soldado, Lamela and Paulinho. Soldado was a striker with a great record in La Liga and was generally considered an excellent buy - far better than Negredo, for instance. Lamela was one of the best young attackers in Europe when he signed. And Paulinho had just come off a very successful international tournament and he too had a lot of hype.

All 3 of these players were then huge flops. And that's the big reason for Spurs struggles. They didn't go around buying shit. They didn't ignore their piles of money for cheap squad options. Yes, Capoue and Chadli were both squad players, but both were also bought a long time before Bale was sold.

L1NETT

Some FL muppetry

Kenny Jackett deciding on Bamford or Chris Wood to take to Wolves. Both a loan with a view to perm
Us and blades are looking at Alex Nimley who I think is without a club now
Cardiff and Norwich looking at Coquelin
Leicester practically completed a move for Leo Ulloa from Brighton.

The Milan squad for the USA tour:

BtJB7g9CMAAjY9p.png

Hopefully we see some more Mastour in the Olympiakos match, not so sure about the City and Liverpool games. Oh and we also have 99% of the team back! Still missing De Jong, the rest of the WC players are finally back with the rest.

Mastadon

Banned
I wasn't meaning Suarez 2.0, because there isn't one, but more of a top quality forward who would get goals.

I think the main difference between us and Spurs last year is that we already have goals in our team without Suarez. If you take away all his goals from last season, we still scored more than you and Chelsea. Add Remy to that, who will pitch in 15 or so goals if he stays fit then it's probably not as massive a miss as Bale was to them.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
"prepared to offer" is the most rediculous twitter nonsense, its nothing, no offer has been made, its complete cock.

Blablurn

There are rumors around Munich that Bayern is keeping the wallet closed this year because they plan to get both Reus and Draxler next season.

L1NETT

Sohois only complete mugs thoughts Spurs would win the league

They bought crap players. We said that at the time. Sensible people realised they would struggle to get top 4.

Dunno what you are on with this revisionism mumbo jumbo

Salvadora

I think the main difference between us and Spurs last year is that we already have goals in our team without Suarez. If you take away all his goals from last season, we still scored more than you and Chelsea. Add Remy to that, who will pitch in 15 or so goals if he stays fit then it's probably not as massive a miss as Bale was to them.
Remy and Lambert will get goals, no doubt about that, but the moments of magic that can change a game will be missing I fear. Obviously very few players are capable of that, but it doesn't look like anyone bar Sturridge can do it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
There are rumors around Munich that Bayern is keeping the wallet closed this year because they plan to get both Reus and Draxler next season.

:lol are you really OK with buying that many BVB players? I mean, I can't even bring myself to buy a Pirlo shirt, because to me he'll always be a Milan player.

when it comes to buyng a shirt now: Marchisio > Vidal > Pirlo > Materazzi > Pogba

Mastadon

Banned
Remy and Lambert will get goals, no doubt about that, but the moments of magic that can change a game will be missing I fear. Obviously very few players are capable of that, but it doesn't look like anyone bar Sturridge can do it.

Yeah that's fair enough, although Coutinho and Sterling are players that have the potential to do that. Maybe Markovic will be that kind of player for us.

Blablurn

:lol are you really OK with buying that many BVB players? I mean, I can't even bring myself to buy a Pirlo shirt, because to me he'll always be a Milan player.

when it comes to buyng a shirt now: Marchisio > Vidal > Pirlo > Materazzi > Pogba

I don't care from where they are coming from.

Blablurn

Porto XI without player departures:

Helton, Pereira, Pepe, Mangala, Bosingwa, Moutinho, Guarin, Meireles, J.Rodriguez, Hulk, Falcao.

#PrayForRvy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom