• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rafael Hernández ‏@RafaelH117 1m
Former Arsenal player André Santos was doing so bad for Flamengo that both parties decided to rescind his contract. Now a free agent.

Wow

Mert: Success
Arteta: Success
Benayoun: Flop
Santos: Dead, cause his own fans
Park: Presumed dead.

Wenger either strikes it gold or fucks up big time,

Gurthang

Banned
does this makes any difference as far as FFP goes?

It should. I mean why not spend the money that the club makes? Man City and PSG are not spending money which was generated by the club but they are spending the money which was earned through other means by their owners.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
BtJbQvvIIAAfHRs.jpg:large

Still haven't officially announced Davies, but we go ahead and show a video with him in it...

We can't announce it until Gylfi sorts out his move to Swansea. It's straight swap apparently and we pay £5m cash for Vorm.

Mert: Success
Arteta: Success
Benayoun: Flop
Santos: Dead, cause his own fans
Park: Presumed dead.

Wenger either strikes it gold or fucks up big time,

That was when Arsenal had to make due. We have cash now and in two windows in a row Wenger has brought an elite player. That is the minimum expectation at a club like Arsenal.

Meier

Just got a message saying that my family is going to send me 100$USD more each month from now on

WHAT A GREAT FUCKING DAY

Nice! That's a mango a day, innit?

rvy, apparently after the Negredo injury, Garcia is definitely on the chopping block (it was likely before hand, but this cemented it). We may have been able to sell Negredo to get rid of the 1 extra foreign player but now we're really left with Garcia only. We'll see how it goes.

Barzul

As long as we never sign anyone of the quality of Santos ever again, I will be happy.

I'll always remeber that goal vs Chelsea. He was decent going forward, too bad that he was shit at everything else. Didn't he also score a goal vs West Brom that helped us get CL football that year also?

You really think they are gonna let him go back down to the primavera? Twice they asked for special permission for him to play in Serie A before 16. For better or worse Milan are gonna throw him in to a proper game this season. It is also crazy to think that he will make his debut after Pirlo and El Shaarawy

They asked once, against Sassuolo. And yeah, I think it's far more probable they let him play with the primavera for another season, after all everybody, especially Inzaghi, said that he's too young to play with the big boys. Let him grow, we're not in a hurry, we can't just put a lot of pressure on a 16 years old, let the rest of the team handle that (which they'll do badly, probably).

He has time to learn and maybe he'll play 30 minutes against a relegation side near the end of the season.

I have never really understood the ownership structure of Madrid. half the time articles call Perez the president and the other time they call him the owner. If he is the owner why the fuck does he need to be elected president?

Who the fuck owns Madrid?

They asked once, against Sassuolo. And yeah, I think it's far more probable they let him play with the primavera for another season, after all everybody, especially Inzaghi, said that he's too young to play with the big boys. Let him grow, we're not in a hurry, we can't just put a lot of pressure on a 16 years old, let the rest of the team handle that (which they'll do badly, probably).

He has time to learn and maybe he'll play 30 minutes against a relegation side near the end of the season.

They also asked when he was 14 for permission. Will definitely be interesting to see how they handle him. he seems like he is really settling in well with the first team. El Shaarawy should be able to help him, coming from the same type of background and playing so young as a 16 year old himself.

Suen

Susan, I don't care if anything good comes out of it.

Do you think the people in the villages that the vikings pillaged were thinking "Well, I hope they don't run into some ditch on their way home" after having their shit stolen and their women raped?
Pls it's not like the current owners of Valencia were doing any better with the club. If Lim completes their new stadium, remove their debt and bring some good talent to Valencia then it's not bad. Besides he doesn't fully own the club does he? I'm not sure how much he owns of it. Rich people buy clubs and invest money in them, it's just how it works. Some day a super rich man will buy Benfica, allowing you to keep your best players in the summer while buying great players. You'll finally win Europa League.

I have never really understood the ownership structure of Madrid. half the time articles call Perez the president and the other time they call him the owner. If he is the owner why the fuck does he need to be elected president?

The people
of North Korea

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'll always remeber that goal vs Chelsea. He was decent going forward, too bad that he was shit at everything else. Didn't he also score a goal vs West Brom that helped us get CL football that year also?

I vaguely recall him scoring in the last game of 11/12, when Marton Fulop secured 3rd place for Arsenal.

rvy

Banned
Pls it's not like the current owners of Valencia were doing any better with the club. If Lim completes their new stadium, remove their debt and bring some good talent to Valencia then it's not bad. Besides he doesn't fully own the club does he? I'm not sure how much he owns of it. Rich people buy clubs and invest money in them, it's just how it works. Some day a super rich man will buy Benfica, allowing you to keep your best players in the summer while buying great players. You'll finally win Europa League.

That's the day I quit football.

You all talk shit about pulga, but I dare any of you to live in Rome and not turn into a Nazi. Only a strong-willed person can do that.

EmiPrime

It used to be Franco's little play thing; having a dictator who wants glory on the football pitch to distract from problems at home and represent Spain itself in European championships put the resources of an entire state behind one football team helps. Now it seems not much has changed, they can spend money like it's Monopoly money and get the state to turn a blind eye to it then get them to underwrite the whole lot. Officially the club members own it but it's a club with people in high places.

It used to be Franco's little play thing; having a dictator who wants glory on the football pitch to distract from problems at home and represent Spain itself in European championships put the resources of an entire state behind one football team helps. Now it seems not much has changed, they can spend money like it's Monopoly money and get the state to turn a blind eye to it then get them to underwrite the whole lot. Officially the club members own it but it's a club with people in high places.

How different early European football would have been had Franco not forced Di Stefano to go to Madrid instead of Barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom