• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

----------------Messi----------------
Sanchez-----Ozil-------Walcott
-----------Vidal-Ramsey----------
Gibbs---Kos-Merte---Debuchy
--------------Ospina-----------------

Europe wouldn't know what hit them. That team would play Wengerball at it's finest.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Chelsea or City who has the stronger team?

Well Chelsea beat City both times in the league last season. Add Costa, Fabregas and Luis and they have a better team. They already had the best defense and now they have an attack that can win those silly games they threw away last season. I expect them to comfortably win the title this year, City's defense is just so bad compared to theirs.

jesalr

Ooh, awesome. Just got 15% back on my PS4 order from last November because I spoke to Amazon about the rubber ripping on my controller.

Elchele

Sport Witness ‏@Sport_Witness 2m
Xavi has had a change of heart and will now stay with Barcelona. [Sport]

Wasn't Xavi already announced for NYCFC?

He was basically announced for a 6 month move to Qatar, but looks like is not happening now? I think he'll still move to NYCFC next year when the MLS season starts

jesalr

Amazon GOAT

Entirely. The customer service lady said that they couldn't replace the controller, so she'd sort me a £65 voucher so I could buy a replacement.

They once gave me a refund before I had even sent the item back because I'm a 'trusted customer'

L1NETT

Ooh, awesome. Just got 15% back on my PS4 order from last November because I spoke to Amazon about the rubber ripping on my controller.

Neat, every time I have interacted with Amazon customer services they have been top

---

Imagine a front line of Messi, Park and Chamakh

Christ

4 players marking Messi, Park and Chamakh giving the whole pitch to run around like those deer in the Fenton video

I'll never really understand why people care about player's numbers. Except for when something funny happens in a fit of egotism, like Gallas demanding the 10 shirt

Elchele

From the Bundesliga twitter

Next week, Leverkusen's Roger Schmidt exclusively tells Bundesliga.com he wants Christoph Kramer back in 2015.

What? so what are they going to publish next week? a 8 words quote?

Barzul

Entirely. The customer service lady said that they couldn't replace the controller, so she'd sort me a £65 voucher so I could buy a replacement.

They once gave me a refund before I had even sent the item back because I'm a 'trusted customer'

Yeah they've done that for me too. I've been a Prime subscriber for like 3 years now though. Their customer service is really top notch.

omgkitty

How did you go about doing this? My controller has been fucked for a while now.

Meier

Sport Witness ‏@Sport_Witness 2m
Xavi has had a change of heart and will now stay with Barcelona. [Sport]

Wasn't Xavi already announced for NYCFC?

Just rumors but it was expected. Villa, some second choice keeper (Josh Saunders) and a CB are the only three official players thus far.

Any of you guys played Divinity: Original Sin?

Looks interesting but I'm kinda put off by the isometric view, and I've never played a game like it before

tumblr_inline_n8xq7r7bVf1ss9eti.gif

Gonna miss him.

jesalr

How did you go about doing this? My controller has been fucked for a while now.

Click on help at the top of the page, go to 'contact us.' Say there's a problem with an order, choose your PS4, and then ask to start an online chat. I explained the problem with the controller and they said they couldn't replace it, but would give me some money back to replace it myself...

Salvadora

Probably old but the reviews for Paul Tomkins book They Dared To Dream: How Rodgers' Liverpool Went So Close are hilarious
"Football? Bloody hell!", as Bill Shankly once said.

By the final chapter of this book I was kneeling on the floor of my living room, floods of tears pattering onto my replica kit, wailing like a hysterical gibbon. My dogs, Rushie and Aldo, wailed in solidarity with me. They understood; my wife didn't. I felled her with a right hook.

Imagine if all you ever wanted was a carrot cake, and then, after 25 years without one, you see your most loyal friend walking towards your house smiling, carrying a carrot cake with your name on it. As he reaches your drive, he tumbles calamitously into a ditch. You rush out to find him writhing in agony amongst a cakey-muddy mess, a hungry raven pecking at his flesh. That is how we Liverpool fans feel about the 13/14 season (the raven is Tony Pulis, by the way).

This book is not just some cynical cash-in to make money out of Irish people. Paul Tomkins has truly encapsulated the modern-day Liverpool Football Club experience in literary form: the misty-eyed sentimentality, the endless self-mythologizing and, above all, the abject, humiliating failure. YNWA.
This is brilliant

Lightning

Banned
I would love us to sign Nastasic. Too bad City would never sell to us.

Gnabry to Newcastle on loan? As long as they play him no complaints. Would prefer the Southampton option though.

Probably old but the reviews for Paul Tomkins book They Dared To Dream: How Rodgers' Liverpool Went So Close are hilarious
As a Barnet FC fan, I've been accustomed to never winning anything.

But this book is marvellous, this book performs a miracle but making it "cool" to not win anything.

Liverpool didn't win anything despite spending £154 million on transfers across the past 3 seasons (according to transferleague.co.uk)....
But this book portrays them as a team of "dreamers" who went so close.

I love it, it gives me hope that one day Barnet can spend over a hundred and fifty million pounds and still not win anything.
I can only dream

...damn :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom