• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabo

Do you have a stove?

And a big pot?

Nope Gas is out too.

71nGlHV.jpg

Lovren is at least as good as Sktrel was last season, better than Agger, Toure and Coates, and may well be better than Sakho who is inconsistent within games.

Agger's weaknesses are crippling. Can't have a centreback who gets outmuscled with ease and switches off at set pieces.

Pennywise

The more I play the more I think I shouldnt buy Destiny :(

Still split.
Alot of quality games are coming up.
Money is one issue, but also the time you've gotta invest.

Diablo 3,Fifa,TLOU MP,Dragon Age will already take up so much of my time.
Not sure if I wanna invest in a game I won't have enough time for.

Lovren is at least as good as Sktrel was last season, better than Agger, Toure and Coates, and may well be better than Sakho who is inconsistent within games.

Agger's weaknesses are crippling. Can't have a centreback who gets outmuscled with ease and switches off at set pieces.

all good points, if and I say if we were to get a second CB this window, who would you go for?

Blablurn

Still split.
Alot of quality games are coming up.
Money is one issue, but also the time you've gotta invest.

Diablo 3,Fifa,TLOU MP,Dragon Age will already take up so much of my time.
Not sure if I wanna invest in a game I won't have enough time for.

Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to GTAV? I loooooooved the PS3 version.

sohois

The big advantage with him is that he is just much more suited to the way Liverpool play defence than Skrtel. Skrtel can be a world class defender when he's playing in a more rigid defensive system without heavy responsibility on individuals, as he played under Kenny and Benitez. Under Rodgers he is inconsistent, still capable of top performances but also with a fair few big errors in him.

Lovren should cut out the inconsistency - fewer errors but also not the top performances of Skrtel.

Barzul

With enough time William Carvalho could be a good player. Right now though he won't add much to Arsenal's starting 11 imo. He's Yaya's size but doesn't have his agility. Was well hyped for him a while back, but have cooled off recently.
You don't think he'd be an improvement on Arteta agility wise? I disagree.

Clegg

You don't think he'd be an improvement on Arteta agility wise? I disagree.
Er, I didn't make any comparison to Arteta m8. But he definitely isn't very agile. Built like a brick shithouse and is a bit of a bulldozer. Didn't look quick to me though.

Still wouldn't mind United signing him, but he wouldn't be an immediate asset.

shiroryu

Liverpool does need some better balance between attack and defence, though. It's a tough ask of any defenders in a back three when the only cover is Gerrard and the wingers fail to track back. AFAIK Mignolet isn't a sweeper keeper either - a Lloris would help Liverpool more.

Clegg

Even United's official twitter feed is discussing Woodward's comments on transfers: "There's a lot going on behind the scenes so watch this space".

I fucking hate that feed.

Suen

Updated OP.

Rvy (or someone else) can you please create a new intro image to be used for the new season. I've added a temp. one for now.

I'll add images for each champion in the OP when I get some time (or someone could just pm me links to the images)

Slizz

I need to go see this ASAP. Really liked the first one.

Going to see Transformers tomorrow with a good friend, just to laugh and cringe at how shit it is. Should be fun.

Oh and I'm about to watch 'The Road'.

K-Stew baby boobiesssss...... Wait a sec thats On the Road.... Don't think I've seen the Viggo one.

Clegg

Reading Woodward's quotes from his MUTV interview. He sounds very bullish about possible transfers and United's ability to attract players. Sounds positive, but heard all this last year.

Updated OP.

Rvy (or someone else) can you please create a new intro image to be used for the new season. I've added a temp. one for now.

I'll add images for each champion in the OP when I get some time (or someone could just pm me links to the images)

Mucho better

just saw express say we want richards and milner, god no

Fuck that

I'd be happy with Lovren, Skrtel, Sakho and Agger next season, especially if we're keeping Andre The Giant around as well. Fix it in January if necessary

Shogan moves:

Marquinhos loan since he'll be 3rd choice next season
Benatia in Borini part-exchange

:p

Blablurn

I know it's just the Internet but I would be seriously bummed if I ever get perm'd. Over 40.000 posts for nothing then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom