• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

All encouraging words from Woowar there. But three or four of those points could've been said at press conference from last summer too and that ended in disaster. Especially the stuff about no set transfer budget.

He's putting an awful lot of pressure on himself to deliver.

Woodward on transfers (paraphrasing im writing as I hear it)

* Weve been working with Louis on transfers for several weeks
* We have moved forward on some of those targests
* The time he spends here (in US) he will tweak decisions as needed
* The reality is there is alot of media speculation, one summer we were linked to 250 players and bought 3. Thats a reality of the situation.
* Some people will be dissapointed, overall i hope they see we are heading in the right direction.
* We are willing to invest.
* There is no fixed budget, Financially we are extremely strong. Louis is the boss and we have been in dialogue for some time.
* Watch this space.
* Players will be leaving, a few have gone, there may well be a few others.
* We are not in Europe, less games, a tighter squad. A decision for Louis.

This actually makes me feel quite positive. Thanks.
Manchester United didn't qualify for EL?

Thankfully, no. Just missed out.

Gambit

Intern soll sich Guardiola für den Kauf von Marco Reus stark gemacht haben – eine Idee, die von Sammer, Rummenigge & Co. aber sofort abgewiesen wurde. Die Begründung: Nach Götze und Lewandowski wolle man nicht den Eindruck machen, den BVB durch zusätzliche Transfers schwächen zu wollen.

Guardiola wants/ed Reus, the Bayern bosses vetoed it in general as to not give the impression they want to weaken BVB.

Don't know who to complain about, so

Pep pls.
Bayern pls.
Reus pls.

Of course, Reus would be great, but I don't want any more Dortmund players either. I only ever wanted Lewandowski and Hummels. Since they bought Götze, I'm fine letting them keep Hummels. On the other hand, I am still angry about Kroos and the Bayern bosses suck.

Elchele

Guardiola wants/ed Reus, the Bayern bosses vetoed it in general as to not give the impression they want to weaken BVB.

Don't know who to complain about, so

Pep pls.
Bayern pls.
Reus pls.

Of course, Reus would be great, but I don't want any more Dortmund players either. I only ever wanted Lewandowski and Hummels. Since they bought Götze, I'm fine letting them keep Hummels. On the other hand, I am still angry about Kroos and the Bayern bosses suck.

Don't think Reus would look that good in Pep's system. His biggest weapon is speed and definition, both are useless in Pep's possession system.
Good call by Rummenigge

Bundesliga, ladies and gentlemen.

Gambit

Bundesliga, ladies and gentlemen.

It's not Bundesliga, it's my magnanimous heart.

Don't think Reus would look that good in Pep's system. His biggest weapon is speed and definition, both are useless in Pep's possession system.
Good call by Rummenigge

Robben's biggest weapon is his speed as well, and he works wonderfully. But I agree, I hope Reus stays put,as fantastic as he is. Draxler next year, please.

I am still hoping we sell Shaq. Truly.

Nicktendo86

So all this stuff van gaal is apparently doing to carrington; floodlights, ripping up the turf and using the same stuff as ot, sleeping pods to rest between sessions, cameras to analyse the players and review sessions, it all makes so much sense you wonder why a massive club like utd haven't done it before. They must have been doing this sort of stuff abroad for years, really shows how archaic this counties' training has been.

Assuming this all works, of course.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Woodward on transfers (paraphrasing im writing as I hear it)

* Weve been working with Louis on transfers for several weeks
* We have moved forward on some of those targests
* The time he spends here (in US) he will tweak decisions as needed
* The reality is there is alot of media speculation, one summer we were linked to 250 players and bought 3. Thats a reality of the situation.
* Some people will be dissapointed, overall i hope they see we are heading in the right direction.
* We are willing to invest.
* There is no fixed budget, Financially we are extremely strong. Louis is the boss and we have been in dialogue for some time.
* Watch this space.
* Players will be leaving, a few have gone, there may well be a few others.

allow me to premface this post up and be selective about quotes too

Some people will be dissapointed,

THAT CANT B GUD

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The premface is the most attractive guy at a party who does magic tricks and can juggle with anything.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

#WelcomeArturo! Manchester United is delighted to announce the signing of midfielder Arturo Vidal on a 5-year deal.

BtA5TKFIAAA7gfh.jpg

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

#WelcomeArturo! Manchester United is delighted to announce the signing of midfielder Arturo Vidal on a 5-year deal.

BtA5TKFIAAA7gfh.jpg

he looks like he's dressed up like a ventriloquist puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom