• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zenit played Derby County today and for about 20 minutes in the second half Steve McClaren was standing right next to the camera and his ugly mug was blocking half the pitch.

TeddyBoy

3xK5Sh4.jpg

Thank you Hitch, I needed a good chuckle.

Dat Flanogod.

pappe

That picture is even scarier when u factor in Real Madrid have Modric and Xabi Alonso and Isco in their squad as well.

Slizz

These kinda transfers are never going to end are they? Only gonna get more expensive and outrageous right?

I'm not even singling out Madrid, just look at the transfers from all the big/large/oil clubs.

inky

Dude without a doubt, hell James will be benched eventually, flop incoming.

I don't think he will flop, but it's hard to live up to RM expectations unless his first year he develops like a motherfucker. He's hardly the player the fee makes him out to be.

Suarez is probably the 3rd best player in the world right now, and has shown consistent quality since his Ajax days. It's not even a contest.

wedward

Clearly, I do.

Gallas getting the 10 shirt was hilarious too.

I know you like complaining about trivial things, but this seems like a bit much.

RVP wore the #10. He doesn't play that position. Did that annoy you?

These kinda transfers are never going to end are they? Only gonna get more expensive and outrageous right?

I'm not even singling out Madrid, just look at the transfers from all the big/large/oil clubs.

I think we can expect at least one a year from Madrid.

Fingers crossed La Liga eventually collapses.

omgkitty

Sam ‏@samuelJayC

Alexis, Debuchy, Ospina cost £46m, Fàbregas, Djourou, Vela moves brought in £20.1m - plenty of funds still available.

We've only spent 25m so far this summer.

Salvadora

Sam ‏@samuelJayC

Alexis, Debuchy, Ospina cost £46m, Fàbregas, Djourou, Vela moves brought in £20.1m - plenty of funds still available.

We've only spent 25m so far this summer.
Not when you factor in wages, which the club would.

Still got a pretty penny left though.

wedward

jtb

Banned
did Chelsea pay us a lot of money for Fabregas or something? because I can't see anyone paying much for Djourou

God I love you guys

Genuinely, I can't wait to see us go toe-to-toe with one of the top 5 world teams, if the draw works out that way, or if we get through the group. Especially at home. Wanna see how this group of players reacts to the pressure and higher standard of opposition, and how Rodgers deals with trying to play a more conservative game

Salvadora

Isn't Sanchez on just 130k a week?
Yes something like that, with Ospina rumoured to be on £60,000 p/w and Debuchy unknown.

Probably adds up to around an extra £270,000 or something like that on the wage bill.

Although, of course, we've released a lot of shit players on high wages this summer too as omgkitty noted.

Barzul

how is that even possible....

that sounds like a terrible investment on Sociedad's part. if that's true, there is literally zero excuse for not buying Griezmann outright, now.

Yeah there is. The fact that we only have 3 central defenders and the fact that our two DM's are Arteta and Flamini.

inky

how is that even possible....

that sounds like a terrible investment on Sociedad's part. if that's true, there is literally zero excuse for not buying Griezmann outright, now.

Wut? He was great for them. One of the reasons they ended 4th overall the 12/13 season.

jtb

Banned
they already own him. 13m to get rid of a buyback clause? what? I don't get that.

or if you're paying 13m to get rid of a sell-on clause, then you're basically betting that he's definitely worth more than 26m. that's a huge gamble.

Suen

Isco should go for his own sake. He is not getting any playing time this season.
Loan or bb clause, do not want to sell.

edit: don't forget that if Di Maria and Khedira goes then we'll be opening some spots. Doesn't mean he'll get more playing time but more or less the same as last season. We also need to convince Ronaldo to stop playing full 90 min games, allowing to Jese to get more playing time.

Madrid won't win anything next season
Fuck off.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Pep Guardiola: "There's no secrets. If I don't win, then next year you'll probably have a new coach."

He knows if he doesn't win the league it'll be a huge and catastrophic failure considering how stacked Bayern is compared to the other teams in the league. Bundesliga is a one team league, hard not to win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom