• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

There is no way Bayern don't win the Bundesliga next season even if Guardiola is shit.

Where is the competition?

Dortmund? Definitely not.

wedward

There is no way Bayern don't win the Bundesliga next season even if Guardiola is shit.

Pretty much. All the Bayern fans want to pretend that it's going to be very competitive and difficult. They will have it wrapped up in February.

dc89

BtK8ONMCMAEpgUz.jpg:large

Madrid ruin football.

omgkitty

they already own him. 13m to get rid of a buyback clause? what? I don't get that.

or if you're paying 13m to get rid of a sell-on clause, then you're basically betting that he's definitely worth more than 26m. that's a huge gamble.

We could have bought him back for something like 3 million or whatever and sold him for at least 15m easy. They had to buyout his contract so we wouldn't. Unfortunately I think if we had really wanted Griezmann, it would have been included in that deal.

Suen

So Suarez for £75 million (with the risk of further biting penalties) or James for £63 million (with the risk he isn't as good as he showed at the World Cup)?

I'd go Suarez.
He's not anything like Suarez and he's not worth the fee sure but he's been a great talent for both Porto and Monaco. The reason you wouldn't hear anything about him in Monaco is because the spotlight was on Falcao. The Portuguese or French league aren't at the same level as the Spanish league but he has enough experience to do well in Madrid. The only way I see him flopping is if CA fails in setting up a formation he feels comfortable in (see Isco).

fuenf

Pretty much. All the Bayern fans want to pretend that it's going to be very competitive and difficult. They will have it wrapped up in February.

it's different. we have to pretend that in order to get any excitement out of Bundesliga games... otherwise we only got the CL left which coincidently starts getting exciting around February.

Actual this is the tragic reality of being a Bayern fan, you can't get that excited about Bundesliga wins, yet you still feel miserable when they lose.

El Topo

im pretty sure we wont win next season. we never win after a world cup. you guys will see.

I'm pretty sure the guys that together have watched maybe ten Bundesliga matches in their life know more than us.

it's different. we have to pretend that in order to get any excitement out of Bundesliga games... otherwise we only got the CL left which coincidently starts getting exciting around February.

Actual this is the tragic reality of being a Bayern fan, you can't get that excited about Bundesliga wins, yet you still feel miserable when they lose.

Really? I still get a lot of excitement out of Bundesliga matches. I must admit though, last season was the first time where things were occasionally different.

Koko

Banned
Loan or bb clause, do not want to sell.

edit: don't forget that if Di Maria and Khedira goes then we'll be opening some spots. Doesn't mean he'll get more playing time but more or less the same as last season. We also need to convince Ronaldo to stop playing full 90 min games, allowing to Jese to get more playing time.

Jesé won't be coming back until late November/Early December and he would need sometime to get back at his level.

I can see James getting some playtime in Ronaldo position or as a RW with Bale as LW.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Genuinely, I can't wait to see us go toe-to-toe with one of the top 5 world teams, if the draw works out that way, or if we get through the group. Especially at home. Wanna see how this group of players reacts to the pressure and higher standard of opposition, and how Rodgers deals with trying to play a more conservative game

Yeah our first season back in Europe was well exciting too! And I think (I hope? ;_;) that we surprised a few people on the way to the QF

wedward

Yeah, that sounds horrible.

I'm pretty sure the guys that together have watched maybe ten Bundesliga matches in their life know more than us.

You just added the Bundesliga's best striker to your team. You took him from your only competition last year. Am I missing something?

Does he mean winning the CL? Cause he has the league and cup in the bag

Pep can't be talking about the CL, no way.

He knows if he doesn't win the league it'll be a huge and catastrophic failure considering how stacked Bayern is compared to the other teams in the league. Bundesliga is a one team league, hard not to win it.

Certainly Bayern seem stacked to win the Bundesliga this season, but that hasn't stopped them from failing before. They've probably been the favorite to win every year for the past 10 seasons (maybe with the exception of Dortmund in '11-'12), yet they've only won 6 times.

Suen

Jesé won't be coming back until late November/Early December and he would need sometime to get back at his level.

I can see James getting some playtime in Ronaldo position or as a RW with Bale as LW.
Yeah I can definitely see James playing on the wings but I wonder if it's not better going with 4-2-3-1 now that we have James. I'd like to see him used as an AM.

The reason why I think Ronaldo shouldn't be playing full 90 minutes is so he can prolong his career. He's getting older and the intense training he does takes its toll on his body. We really don't need him for 90 min if we're leading by five goals against weaker opponents, let Jese come in then.

Tubie

Yeah I can definitely see James playing on the wings but I wonder if it's not better going with 4-2-3-1 now that we have James. I'd like to see him used as an AM.

The reason why I think Ronaldo shouldn't be playing full 90 minutes is so he can prolong his career. He's getting older and the intense training he does takes its toll on his body. We really don't need him for 90 min if we're leading by five goals against weaker opponents, let Jese come in then.

Nothing will stop Ronaldo from playing. The guy is like reverse Ronaldo/Ronaldinho, the older he gets the harder he will train and the more he will want to play.

Suen

If LFC are going to make a Marquee signing the potential options are falling fast.
It's Cavani isn't it?

Wenger must be lying about not needing to sign any striker. He just wants to put Giroud on the bench in the most brutal way by announcing that we've acquired Cavani in the last day of the transfer window.

#InWengerWeTrust

Salvadora

El Chupacabra, genuine question.

If Bayern don't win the Bundesliga, as you say, who will?

I honestly can't think of a team who is capable of maintaining a title challenge in Germany.

fuenf

Pep can't be talking about the CL, no way.

I think he's talking about having a successful season over all and less in the sense of winning titles. But given is pedigree, I do believe he is aiming for the CL. He know he (!) screwed up in the semis against Real and that the CL was there for Bayern's taking last season.

Barzul

El Chupacabra, genuine question.

If Bayern don't win the Bundesliga, as you say, who will?

I honestly can't think of a team who is capable of maintaining a title challenge in Germany.

Can't see past Dortmund and that's if they don't collapse again from injuries. No one else is even near Bayern's level.

Blablurn

I think he's talking about having a successful season over all and less in the sense of winning titles. But given is pedigree, I do believe he is aiming for the CL. He know he (!) screwed up in the semis against Real and that the CL was there for Bayern's taking last season.

kinda crazy that a pro like him did so obvious mistakes

Hindle

Banned

Must be depressing that only one team from Germany are capable of winning the CL as well. I think it's only a matter of time before the likes of Madrid, Bayern, Barca start pushing for a European super league.

Salvadora

Can't see past Dortmund and that's if they don't collapse again from injuries. No one else is even near Bayern's level.
Even if they don't, Dortmund have lost one of the top tier CFs in the world and replaced him with Immobile and Ji Dong-Won.

Just not good enough.

omgkitty

Even if they don't, Dortmund have lost one of the top tier CFs in the world and replaced him with Immobile and Ji Dong-Won.

Just not good enough.

The also signed Ramos who scored a decent amount in the league last season. Dortmund will be fine. Reus will guide them to victory before making his move to Arsenal next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom