• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud23

BtMauiWIIAE9Uli.jpg

Lightning

Banned
Ain't gonna happen. We intend to hold on some key players for the future, namingly Verratti, Cavani, Marquinhos.

But I could see Lavezzi leaving, an English club might prove dumb enough to spend 30mil on him, when you see that a player like Borini's supposedly worth 18 million pounds....
Who would buy Lavezzi from the epl? Arsenal are done in that area, Chelsea and City have no need either and Lavezzi would not interest LvG at all. That just leaves Liverpool and no way are Liverpool going to do that.

Find it a bit concerning that the only names we're being linked to now are defenders. Still in desperate need of another CM or we're going into the season not much better off than last year. Well, aside from the managerial change obvs
Were teetering on panic stations now mate. Giving it til the end of next week before I start freaking out though. Got it under control for now. Calm.

Clegg

Were teetering on panic stations now mate. Giving it til the end of next week before I start freaking out though. Got it under control for now. Calm.
Think we can get Blind and De Vrij if we really wanted them. Still not good enough to bring us back to the top though.

Salazar

tNo6cNT.gif

What I like about the gif is that it is shit and annoys the pillocks who hate tumblr gifs, but it's also beautiful because you know that Ronnie is just about to stitch him up again.

Who would buy Lavezzi from the epl? Arsenal are done in that area, Chelsea and City have no need either and Lavezzi would not interest LvG at all. That just leaves Liverpool and no way are Liverpool going to do that.

We wanted him along with Costa for next season and PSG said no. It was discussed during negotiations for the David Luiz deal but it seems we haven't gone back him.

Clegg

Ian Ladyman says LvG isn't happy with the pre-season tour because it isn't the ideal preparation for the new season. Looks like he's already sought assurances from the board that next summers tour will be closer to home and have more emphasis on team training.

FootballFan

tNo6cNT.gif

What I like about the gif is that it is shit and annoys the pillocks who hate tumblr gifs, but it's also beautiful because you know that Ronnie is just about to stitch him up again.

Ronaldo is great and all but that elastico/flip-flap.... his body is straight as an arrow. Doesn't even drop the shoulder, smh.

Terrible defending.

WJD

Ian Ladyman says LvG isn't happy with the pre-season tour because it isn't the ideal preparation for the new season. Looks like he's already sought assurances from the board that next summers tour will be closer to home and have more emphasis on team training.

I thought next season was going to be the Far East again?

Feorax

We wanted him along with Costa for next season and PSG said no. It was discussed during negotiations for the David Luiz deal but it seems we haven't gone back him.

It's also likely no-one is going to pay what PSG would want for him at the age of 29.

The only players I see who could move to make some money for PSG would be Cavani or Lucas, and I can't see Cavani going anywhere even despite him being rumoured to want to leave earlier in the summer.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Watching the open training on MUTV, been going half hour ish, I love LvG, one second he looks like he is shouting at players the next he throws his arms up dances and hugs one.

He is very imposing, which is good.

BADSTUBER.

BADS-TUBER.

FUCKING HOLGER BADSTUBER.

lol

I feel like that quote is missing something. Like *laughs* or "He's the best player I've ever had sex with." or "He's the best player I've ever had in the last ten seconds."

Pep can't surely believe that? Boateng might be going crazy/being inconsistent at times but he's clearly better.

Tegris

West Ham are looking hilariously awful against the Phoenix, especially when you consider that Newcastle beat Sydney FC (another A-League side) 4-0 yesterday.

FF update (because I know everybody loves these)

Herrera and Giroud out, Fabregas and Carroll in.

Big Caz may not be fit for the start of the season, he's picked up a knock and isn't playing in this friendly.

Jack cw

I assume he's saying this to build up some confidence in Badstuber. He's been injured for a long time, he can use whatever reassurance he can get.

Pretty much. Badstuber has incredible opening passes and might be the player Pep is looking for to replace Dante and his hilarious passing attempts.

WJD

West Ham are looking hilariously awful against the Phoenix, especially when you consider that Newcastle beat Sydney FC (another A-League side) 4-0 yesterday.

Big Caz may not be fit for the start of the season, he's picked up a knock and isn't playing in this friendly.

oh ffs

Ah well, he was more of a placeholder anyway. Jelavic/Long/Chamakh are similarly priced and would do a similar job.

Chelsea are doing a tour at all this year right?

Not a proper tour just a few games in Europe including a charity game in Turkey and one against Vitesse. We are surprisingly playing a game at Stamford Bridge. The last time I can remember that happening was Zola's testimonial.

We are playing RZ Pellets WAC tonight

El Topo

Yeah, probably. But that is just too much and the question is if Badstuber even believes that Pep means it.

That's why he's not telling this to Badstuber directly, but to Gerland instead. It's then *surprisingly* overheard by others and thus finds its way to Badstuber. Advanced football psychology.

;-)

Jack cw

Yeah, probably. But that is just too much and the question is if Badstuber even believes that Pep means it.

Having the trust of your coach is porobably the best motivation you could get as a professional player. And look at our defence. Badstuber is indeed the best footballer out of those 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom