• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Mathieu for 20m euros seems to be happening soon.

please.

We need a right back and CBs.

So let's sign a left back.

edit
He's 30 too?! I thought he was 27ish.

ffs.

Puyol what are you doing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
i3Q7p0L.jpg

Micky is on fire in pre-season :D
The shirt looks much better on the players! The horizontal lines match the socks kinda

Carbonox

Newcastle are signing Isla aren't they. wot.

tNo6cNT.gif

What I like about the gif is that it is shit and annoys the pillocks who hate tumblr gifs, but it's also beautiful because you know that Ronnie is just about to stitch him up again.

I pulled that off in a game once. Never again. If there's one fluke that made me giggle in a game, it was that move.

Looks like a giraffe honestly.
Anyway, SuperCup will be the only title for Dortmund again :D

Don't know, our starting eleven for the supercup looks decent. But it also looks like it needs an amazing Micky for us to win because I doubt the rest will work that well together already.

Langerak
Piszczek-Sokratis-Subotic/Ginter-Schmelzer
Bender-Sahin
Auba-Micky-Ji
Immobile/Ramos

Jack cw

Don't know, our starting eleven for the supercup looks decent. But it also looks like it needs an amazing Micky for us to win because I doubt the rest will work that well together already.

Langerak
Piszczek-Sokratis-Subotic/Ginter-Schmelzer
Bender-Sahin
Auba-Micky-Ji
Immobile/Ramos
Esay win for you. We dont even have a midfield until then.
& we look like zebras yo

we're animals meant to be eaten by proud lions
I'm used to the Zebras since I saw Juve for the first time, but that proud lions shit is still hilarious.

FootballFan

I saw this reported yesterday. He must be desperate for playing time and/or shit now.

It's the latter unfortunately.

He wasn't even good in strikers heaven, Eredivisie.

He was so good when he was a teen. He died when he rejected getting called up to Spain for 2008 Euros. He had a good season and would've been part of the Euro winning team.

Zabojnik

I really REALLY want Conte-PSG to happen just so I can laugh at everyone who defended Marotta

I don't see how this changes things as we know them to be completely honest with you. It's obvious that our inability to provide Conte with a team that could challenge for CL was behind his "lack of motivation". As was Conte's fear of not winning the 4th scudetto in a row, because that's just how cycles work. If our owners don't want to spend money, there's very little Marotta or even Agnelli can do. I don't blame either party, I really don't. I just wish Conte would've left in May, so that signing Allegri could've been avoided.

Esay win for you. We dont even have a midfield until then.

Starke
Rafinha-Rode-Badstuber (?)-Bernat
Martinez-Alaba-Höjbjerg
Ribery-Lewandowski-Shaqiri

Isn't that much worse. Your defense is kinda shit and our offense could use some more Reus. Will be a terrible match regardless :D

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sport Witness
@Sport_Witness

Tuttosport say Juve want Nastasic but will have to battle Arsenal for him.

It's Morata all over again
A1YXKcN.gif
Wait you were in for Morata?

Are you saying that we actually managed to sign someone despite some competition?

*glimmer of hope*

Not a proper tour just a few games in Europe including a charity game in Turkey and one against Vitesse. We are surprisingly playing a game at Stamford Bridge. The last time I can remember that happening was Zola's testimonial.

We are playing RZ Pellets WAC tonight

Smart decision by the club to make a bit low key this year, lots of the players were at the World Cup and played a lot or just played tons last season and they didn't think sending them half way across the planet was a good idea.

Surprisingly good from us to be honest, if I'm honest.

Also, someone remind me how many of the under 21s trained at the club do we need to meet Uefa CL squad quota… hmm…!

I don't see how this changes things as we know them to be completely honest with you. It's obvious that our inability to provide Conte with a team that could challenge for CL was behind his "lack of motivation". As was Conte's fear of not winning the 4th scudetto in a row, because that's just how cycles work. If our owners don't want to spend money, there's very little Marotta or even Agnelli can do. I don't blame either party, I really don't. I just wish Conte would've left in May, so that signing Allegri could've been avoided.

Agnelli is a board member of Exor, he should lead a revolt to kick John out and replace him with himself or Lapo as CEO.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
From the looks of the training video the guys were split up into two, those with bibs appeared to be the first team, those without the back ups, few notables.

* The ones I saw without a bib were
Rooney
Mata
Smalling
De Gea
Wellbeck
Valencia
Shaw
Herrera
Fletcher
Evans
Jones

Young, Clev, Kagawa all on the other side training with the bibs

WJD

From the looks of the training video the guys were split up into two, those with bibs appeared to be the first team, those without the back ups, few notables.

* The ones I saw without a bib were
Rooney
Mata
Smalling
De Gea
Wellbeck
Valencia
Shaw
Herrera
Fletcher
Evans
Jones

Young, Clev, Kagawa all on the other side training with the bibs

So... This?

------------ Rooney -----------
Welbeck - Mata - Valencia
----- Herrera - Fletcher -----
Shaw - Evans - Jones - Smalling
------------- De Gea -------------

or this?

--------- Welbeck - Rooney ----------
------------------ Mata ------------------
Shaw - Herrera - Fletcher - Valencia
------ Evans - Jones - Smalling -------
---------------- De Gea ------------------

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
So... This?

------------ Rooney -----------
Welbeck - Mata - Valencia
----- Herrera - Fletcher -----
Shaw - Evans - Jones - Smalling
------------- De Gea -------------

or this?

--------- Welbeck - Rooney ----------
------------------ Mata ------------------
Shaw - Herrera - Fletcher - Valencia
------ Evans - Jones - Smalling -------
---------------- De Gea ------------------

Either works, the first one I posted yesterday as my ideal but the second is more in line with the WC Dutch performances.

Id prefer the second because it is so attacking.

Blablurn

I got appointments for PES 2015 and MGS V at GamesCom. Now I just need my confirmation for the Sony conference and I already have everything I want.

Cappa

Banned
Mathieu for 20m euros seems to be happening soon.

please.

We need a right back and CBs.

So let's sign a left back.

edit
He's 30 too?! I thought he was 27ish.

ffs.

Puyol what are you doing.

Mathieu can and did play some CB for Valencia last season.... but yeah price/age and need makes this a pretty bad signing...... they're going to overpay for Marquinhos it seems like...

James Richardson: 'What did you think of Mascherano's performance against Holland, that was quite something wasn't it?'

Scott Murray: 'He was fine'

Fuck off.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Premface quote:

Shaqiri “I do not know of interest from Liverpool and Monaco.

“However, Juventus are a great club, who doesn’t want to play for them?

“Juventus would not be a step backwards.
”
we REALLY are though.

now for the real quote:

“At the moment I am on vacation and I do not know what will happen in the future, all this is taken care of by my brother [who is also the agent],” Shaqiri has told Tuttosport today.

“I have a contract with Bayern Munich, which expires in 2016 and today that is the only certainty for me.

“Juventus? I have had no contact, just as I do not know of interest from Liverpool and Monaco.

“However, Juventus are a great club, who doesn’t want to play for them?

“To date, I repeat, I am a Bayern Munich player, but for me Juventus would not be a step backwards.”
-
hehehe Zabo <3

tumblr_n1i7ijVSXM1qa8gt7o1_400.gif

you know, I like this, I like blaming John more, so FUCK him!

who else was there in May beside Mad Max and Mad Mancini? Mad Prandelli, right?

FootballFan

Mathieu can and did play some CB for Valencia last season.... but yeah price/age and need makes this a pretty bad signing...... they're going to overpay for Marquinhos it seems like...

Yeah I know Mathieu can play CB. but I want a CB who can play CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom