• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Bald bros :lol
sad-frustrated-downey-jr.gif

no, I won't say it
I wanna know what the Juve Ultra ITK has to say.

What's his @ Yurt?.
https://twitter.com/LeleMomoli/status/490516392496881664
Bravo wont me the backup, Ter Stegen will be.
24 million for GKs then -_-

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I honestly think the biggest ting in the way of Utd signing Vidal is Woodward trying to penny pinch. For all this talk of transfer records, unlimited funds etc I don't expect us to spend more than £40m on any one player in this window.

He has to be smart enough to know that he is backed against a wall, i have no doubt if we have a similar season he is out.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's obvious why we haven't made contact with Vidal.

WE haven't.

Not with Juve that's for sure.

Vidal's quote last year

"I am honored that a big club [like Real Madrid] is interested. They would seduce every player [into joining them]," he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I have not yet renewed my contract," he said. "My deal is still running, I'll just see what will happen now."

Sounds familiar?

Mastadon

Banned
He has to be smart enough to know that he is backed against a wall, i have no doubt if we have a similar season he is out.

You have to imagine that yelling from the rooftops that you have unlimited funds isn't particularly helpful when you come to negotiating deals.

Hixx

I wonder who Plan B is for SAFC if we're willing to spunk £14m on Borini... will be a relative gamble but clear as day he does not want to come.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
this is OBVIOUSLY fake but I hope it isn't

CdS (unreliable): There are sensational reports in Italy this afternoon suggesting that Carlos Tevez told Juventus directors not to appoint Roberto Mancini.

Tevez is reported to have said: “I will pack my bags and leave”, should Mancini have been given the job.

are they bugging our HQ or something?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
You have to imagine that yelling from the rooftops that you have unlimited funds isn't particularly helpful when you come to negotiating deals.

Absolutely true

We have been milked the last 2 years, this new addidas deal wont help either in that regard. This being said, people know RM and Barca have the funds and they just pay whatever the fuck they want, to an extent soon we will be able to aswell, but I dont like that philosophy. We are always going to get milked for 5-10m more than the player is worth, fact of life now.

Maybe, but the fact we're stupidly rich is not something he can hide either.

It's not like we can blindside clubs with the amount of money we have, they will all be aware regardless of what he says in interviews. And what he's doing in interviews is grandstanding for the fans, which can be criticised on its own merits.

Arnie

Whilst Blind and De Vrij are young squad players with potential I think those using their World Cup display as a berometer for future success are misguided.

How many good teams were there at the World Cup? Like really good teams?

Last seasons City or Liverpool or Real or Juventus or Atletico would've absolutely walked the World Cup.

Put De Vrij up against City and I don't think he'll be quite as resilient. There's a reason he plays in Holland.

I know the lad because we were scouting him when we were 7th place, along with Everton.

We aren't going to sell Robinho, aren't we? :(

He'll be like a new signing, no need to buy another winger. Galliani is just waiting for it :(

Barzul

In two weeks we'll have the one of the greatest club competitions known ever created and one which Arsenal has dominated since it's inception over the likes of Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, PSG, Juventus, Milan.
The Emirates Cup.

Salvadora

In two weeks we'll have the one of the greatest club competitions known ever created and one which Arsenal has dominated since it's inception over the likes of Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, PSG, Juventus, Milan.
The Emirates Cup.
I'm looking forward to playing Benfica.

The Emirates Cup.

lol

Out of curiosity I just looked up the past few Emirates cup results. 2011 New York Red Bulls won. 2013 Galatasary won. Might be a few interesting matches this year for preseason though.

rvy

Banned
Scary to think Ronaldo's chances of success are higher with those teenage Japanese muppets than with the Portuguese muppets in the National squad.

Must admit even as an Arsenal fan, I'm a bit jealous of Utd getting LvG. The guy is clearly a brilliant manager, mental, but he gets results :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom