• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

So Mathieu to Barca for 20 m is happening?

Not enough lols in the world if true.

Already did:

BtOFKOZCMAATDyz.jpg

What the hell is it with all of Barca's pictures of new players lately? It looks like heads have been photoshopped and the stupid out of focus background.

Clegg

Woowar was silent for a couple of weeks and we managed to sign two players.

Now he's opened his gob I expect us to do nothing for a month and then sign Fellaini on deadline day for £40m.

Tobinishi

Is Kiev not affected by the current crisis?

Of course it's affected but you should be safe there at least.

@rumour:
Douglas Costa confirmed that 6 players won't return to the Ukraine on his instagram account. After that it was just "lazy" journalism linking him to Arsenal and Tottenham. Don't think there's actual interest especially not from Arsenal.

darknil

Why isn't anyone else within the club pressuring him? Two CBs and a RB.
It's more funny if you add that they think the solution is Cuadrado as a RB.

What ever happened to that guy?
No idea, went back to Shakhtar Donetsk after only 1 year and never heard of him again.

So Mathieu to Barca for 20 m is happening?

Not enough lols in the world if true.
Yeah.. confirmed, in the meantime, Hummels to United for the same money.

Oh well, go Bartra! (?)

Jarnet87

Not so sure about Vermaelen, think we should kick that one into the long grass.

I'm worried about Vermaelen being made of glass, but I don't see a problem in van Gaal wanting at least 1 veteran CB. Evans and Jones could make a solid CB partnership for United. If we can rotate in Smalling and another CB to keep the two starters fresh and injury free then we may be set.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So Ledley King is going to join our U18 coaching staff. He'll be head coach one day, I have no doubt about it.

omgkitty

Of course it's affected but you should be safe there at least.

@rumour:
Douglas Costa confirmed that 6 players won't return to the Ukraine on his instagram account. After that it was just "lazy" journalism linking him to Arsenal and Tottenham. Don't think there's actual interest especially not from Arsenal.

Ah well. Figured it might be bullshit.

I'm worried about Vermaelen being made of glass, but I don't see a problem in van Gaal wanting at least 1 veteran CB. Evans and Jones could make a solid CB partnership for United. If we can rotate in Smalling and another CB to keep the two starters fresh and injury free then we may be set.

Vermaelen isn't going to leave Arsenal to be third choice at Man Utd.

Tubie

Sooooo

Barça has finally bought 1 defender, hope it doesn't become a Chygrinsky situation. Nooow.. Zubi, pls, another.

The spanish press has finally began to put some pressure, no defenders in the last 5 years? lolwut.

Anyway, looking forward to all the noobs playing Real Madrid in FIFA, should be fun.

I still can't believe fucking Cygrynskiy was the last defender Barca signed (25m lol)..... back in 2009.

Scum

It's more funny if you add that they think the solution is Cuadrado as a RB.

No idea, went back to Shakhtar Donetsk after only 1 year and never heard of him again.

Yeah.. confirmed, in the meantime, Hummels to United for the same money.

Oh well, go Bartra! (?)

Hummels and Marquinhos, mate.

I still remember how Bale ran past him in the Copa del Rey final.
Should have barged Bale into the ad boards and sparked a mass el Clasico brawl instead.

If you're not smart enough to push Bale over in that situation, you don't have enough of a footballer's mind to be a top-class centreback

Zabojnik

Clubs are actually interested in signing Isla. This really has been an amazing World Cup.

pereyra-medical490ss.jpg

Roberto Pereyra ://////////////////////////////////

1.5m loan + an option to buy this FM legend for 11 million.

*confused*

Déjà vu.

The new Vidal. You'll see.

Had no idea Conte had left Juve until today.

Taking premfacing to a new low/high.

Yeah and Monaco. Falcao should be fit right?

Falcao will never be fit again.

Have you spoken to the manager about what he expects from you?

Yes, of course he’s spoken to me, but one of the main things he said was that he doesn’t want me to change. It was Jose’s and the club’s decision to buy me and the reason they signed me was because of the way I played at Atletico. I don’t feel I have to change much, I just have to improve fine details to become a better player, hopefully I will have a similar season to the last one.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/07/first-words--diego-costa.html

Good good, I hope the first he headbutts is Agger, even if he has to run to the Liverpool bench to do so.

Maybe already posted but the CD Lugo kits are... interesting

BtGGaI0CAAA7j0d.jpg

I get the beer one, and it's not that much worse than united's for sponsors taking it over, but I've got no idea about the tentacle. Maybe they're trying to get the japanese fans in.

inky

Already did:

BtOFKOZCMAATDyz.jpg

What the hell is it with all of Barca's pictures of new players lately? It looks like heads have been photoshopped and the stupid out of focus background.

God, I know all of Europe is looking for defenders but is there really no better value in the market right now, especially if they are doing it to cover the spot Puyol left behind?

Weird.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
2014%2f7%2fMorata-Top-Image.jpg

Morata appeared in 28 games for the European champions last season, including the Champions League final against Atletico in Lisbon, but he only started on four occasions and finished two - averaging 23 minutes.

OMG SO HE IS GOOD THEN

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Interesting that Herreras English is better than Shaws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom