• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvy

Banned
Can someone explain this game pls

How do you even play against someone else with your cards? Like, what do you do to win?

A bag of shit and a few useless cards that you'll probably trade for coins anyway.

Oh, wait, you said do to win, not win.

You win the game.

You score goals.

Like real football.

wedward

Kike Marin says Wenger didn't accept Athletico's conditions for Manquillo (1m buy back clause) and they are fine with it because they have Hector Bellerin. Corproral and Bellerin future.

Hixx

How do you even play against someone else with your cards? Like, what do you do to win?

You play a game of fifa with that team.

Don't think of it as a card game. It's a game where you build your own club, just everything is earned in the form of a card: contracts, players, stadiums, kits, training boosts etc.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

How do you even play against someone else with your cards

You open virtual packs for ingame gold generated from playing games/winning things. In the packs are a mixture of

Players
Contract items (Players can play for standard 7 games then need a contract added to play more)
Cosmetic items (Kits you can use, Badges, Balls, Stadiums)
Staff (Items which boost injury recover rate, add multipliers to contracts)
Buffs (Cards which will give players a 1 game boost, also cards which provide a permanent small boost)

Players come in 4 categories
Bronze (Usually players with an overall of 40-70/100)
Silver (70-80)
Gold (80-100)

You can also find shinys of these objects which indicates they are rare players, worth more gold to sell.

The basic concept is that you try to build a squad together and play in tournaments/leagues against other players.

One point to take note of is chemistry, if you can join players who are aligned in some way in real life together they all get a boost, a low chem team with alot of good players will often play worse than one with high chem and lower quality players.

Here is an example

jh9McOn.png

This is my premface team with 100 chemistry, its 100 because every player plays in the premiership and alot play for the same club.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
what keep me awa from ultimate team is that contract bullshit. i dont wanna deal with that on top of the other stuff

Its not even an issue honestly, I thought it sucked too but you never run out of contracts, also when you buy players make sure you buy the copy that has a very high contract, often you can buy players with 30-40 games already contracted so it isnt even an issue.

inky

A card is just a regular player in the game and you put together a team by selecting a formation and adding a player (card) from your "bunch". Once your team is done you can go look for a match with it. The difference is that you have yo grow your club over time. You start with some basic cards and by playing and winning you can get better cards.

What cards allow is for them to have several version of each player, so let's say Sanchez performed well during this week, a tournament or season. What EA does is release a better version of Sanchez in the form of a special card with better stats and puts them in random packs that you purchase with the coins you've been winning or premium currency bought with $$$. You can also buy players directly.

Edit: beaten like the team you hate.

Hixx

what keep me awa from ultimate team is that contract bullshit. i dont wanna deal with that on top of the other stuff

It's only really annoying for the first week or so. Once you've got shitloads of managers contracts last like 25+ games and they cost maybe 250-300 coins so you can lock down a squad for 3 seasons for like 6000 coins max. If you're not going to rotate, even less.

Blablurn

It's only really annoying for the first week or so. Once you've got shitloads of managers contracts last like 25+ games and they cost maybe 250-300 coins so you can lock down a squad for 3 seasons for like 6000 coins max. If you're not going to rotate, even less.

do you play onlien only in Fut?

Mr Cola

do you play onlien only in Fut?

First 2 weeks i played only vs ai, was very fun, there are ai cups and separate leagues including themed leagues, such as only Bundes players. These are good because you can earn packs from winning a 10 game league season, which in the early seasons means winning 3-4 games. Good way to farm initial gold.

Blablurn

First 2 weeks i played only vs ai, was very fun, there are ai cups and separate leagues including themed leagues, such as only Bundes players. These are good because you can earn packs from winning a 10 game league season, which in the early seasons means winning 3-4 games. Good way to farm initial gold.

hmmm mkay

GorillaJu

Kike Marin says Wenger didn't accept Athletico's conditions for Manquillo (1m buy back clause) and they are fine with it because they have Hector Bellerin. Corproral and Bellerin future.

Kike Marin doesn't actually know anything, because there's no such silly 1m buyback deal in what we've agreed with Atleti and Arsenal wouldn't have let that in either. They can buy him back after if they are in CL and we activate buyout clause, but it'll be at a negotiated price and that's also assuming the player wants to go back to Spain.

Kike Marin is this year's Tancredi. If someone is basically a full-time rumor monger, it's fair to disregard everything they say.

Mastadon

Banned
Kike Marin doesn't actually know anything, because there's no such silly 1m buyback deal in what we've agreed with Atleti and Arsenal wouldn't have let that in either. They can buy him back after if they are in CL and we activate buyout clause, but it'll be at a negotiated price and that's also assuming the player wants to go back to Spain.

Kike Marin is this year's Tancredi. If someone is basically a full-time rumor monger, it's fair to disregard everything they say.

Kike Marin said that Sanchez was nailed on for Liverpool for example.

Though United’s state-of the-art Toshiba medical systems have told the club that the injury-plagued defenders Chris Smalling, Phil Jones and Jonny Evans are likely to enjoy their most untroubled campaigns yet, in 2014/15, it is a fragile science on which to base a Premier League campaign.

Tragic. What's happened to this club.

I'm convinced they've only come out with this complete and utter bollocks just to name drop Toshiba.

Embarrassing.

rvy

Banned
Not all, obviously but they're hateful towards romani people and gays.

source: I'm Serbian with a huge family

Romani. Is that gypsys? I'm hateful toward gypsys. They make my life shit. They go around occupying land that doesn't belong to them, then I can't sell the land because nobody is willing to buy it due to gypsys occupying. They just take over shit.

Then they beat horses in my town for no good reason. They just smack horses around, the horses don't even belong to them. They throw rocks and shit. Apparently the horses can't be in their owner's land, because gyspsys find that land suitable for camping. It's common for me to be in the shower, look out the window, and see 3 or 4 gypsys beating a horse to get it away from where they find camping acceptable.

Government gives them housing, they turn the houses into gypsy camps. Can't nobody go near it, you'll get your ass whooped. If they need to go to the hospital, everyone suffers. There's 40 or 50 people waiting in line, they just come on, start yelling at everybody and cutting in line because someone has a headache.
Government gives them loads of social reintegration money, they buy BMWs and keep living in camps.

Robbed my mother once. 3 female gypsys, each one weighing over 100 KG, smacked her around. Police is useless, they can't do anything because they're afraid of the gypsys.

My father once saw these people stick a donkey in an elevator and take it to the 3rd floor.

Mr Cola

Tragic. What's happened to this club.

I'm convinced they've only come out with this complete and utter bollocks just to name drop Toshiba.

Embarrassing.

If it meant CL football next year id fly in Witch doctors and sacrifice a lamb before each game. Which CL club did that last year? Hilarious.

inky

Best money making scheme ever.

I get why a "card game" (using the term very loosely here) would need such consumables, but yes, I can't be bothered with shit like that. As with most everything EA does, FUT is a brilliant idea wrapped in the most shit model conceived.

It's addictive so people love it. I can't even stop my own brother from spending money on that shit.

Hixx

My father once saw these people stick a donkey in an elevator and take it to the 3rd floor.

A story for the ages.

I know it's wrong to generalize but I'm lazy so fuck it. I agree with you. Gypsies have some sort of meet in my county every summer and they bring their horses, carts, dog-thieving, window-smashing etc to my town annually and I fucking hate it. It's like living in Wigan for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom