• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Not all, obviously but they're hateful towards romani people and gays.

source: I'm Serbian with a huge family

That's pretty much a reality everywhere tbh. Italy, France, Germany, east Europe ... And it isn't all blind hate, I can assure you. It could be argued that the further south / away from EU you go, the more likely you are to come across people with these sort of views. Like everywhere else in the world, it has a lot (well, everything really) to do with poverty, lack of education, geographical isolation, religious "traditions" and the like. Like, for example, I don't think the average Slovenian is any more racist or homophobic than your average Frenchman, German, etc. Maybe even less so, since living in a racially non-diverse environment means there are no social tensions between whites, blacks, asians, etc. (There's a fair amount of "hate" towards other ex-YU countries because of the recent wars and some rampant nationalism, which as a Serb I'm sure you're very aware of, but that's a slightly different story.) You're brought up thinking that all people are created equal and you have generally no reason to believe otherwise. On the other hand, there's a lot of casual racism going on. For the very same reason. You can crack a nasty joke about, say, Arabs and get away with it, because there are no Arab people around and nobody knows any. I've done it and I don't consider myself a racist.

rvy

Banned
Rvy, edit that bullshit man. Not like this.

Bullshit? The only bullshit here is giving millions to people who don't want to be part of your society. Who steal, cheat and beat up people who are part of that society and get away with it in the name of "social reintegration" and because they're a "different culture".

I don't see why I should edit my post, nothing I wrote is a lie. I'd take all the Brazilians, Africans and Eastern-Europe people you can find to replace all the gypsys in the country. They work, they pay taxes, they don't steal, they don't get free money for being gypsys and they aren't a blackhole in the country's economy.

Romani. Is that gypsys? I'm hateful toward gypsys. They make my life shit. They go around occupying land that doesn't belong to them, then I can't sell the land because nobody is willing to buy it due to gypsys occupying. They just take over shit.

Then they beat horses in my town for no good reason. They just smack horses around, the horses don't even belong to them. They throw rocks and shit. Apparently the horses can't be in their owner's land, because gyspsys find that land suitable for camping. It's common for me to be in the shower, look out the window, and see 3 or 4 gypsys beating a horse to get it away from where they find camping acceptable.

Government gives them housing, they turn the houses into gypsy camps. Can't nobody go near it, you'll get your ass whooped. If they need to go to the hospital, everyone suffers. There's 40 or 50 people waiting in line, they just come on, start yelling at everybody and cutting in line because someone has a headache.
Government gives them loads of social reintegration money, they buy BMWs and keep living in camps.

Robbed my mother once. 3 female gypsys, each one weighing over 100 KG, smacked her around. Police is useless, they can't do anything because they're afraid of the gypsys.

My father once saw these people stick a donkey in an elevator and take it to the 3rd floor.
Are you in Portugal? Sucks, m8. Those people sound awful. Never experienced anything of that sort where I lived.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Anyone new playing for Chelsea or is it youth?

Blablurn

a2NQ0Be_460sa_v1.gif

€20m. Same as what Monaco offered apparently. Also rumoured to be going back in at the release clause. Why wouldn't you low ball a first offer?

If they're going back with the release clause then you don't low ball because thats how you get outbid and he goes elsewhere. Ridiculous if they were so easily prepared to just match it.

If they just activated it, they could have had him signed and done by now

rvy

Banned
Are you in Portugal? Sucks, m8. Those people sound awful. Never experienced anything of that sort where I lived.

Yeah. It's pretty terrible, I've found maybe a couple of gypsys in my life who are stand up individuals. One of them is a women who eats breakfast the same place as me, she's cool as shit.
She actually socializes with non-gypsys, which is probably why she's cool. Has a regular job too.

€20m. Same as what Monaco offered apparently. Also rumoured to be going back in at the release clause. Why wouldn't you low ball a first offer?
He has a release clause, though. Unless Sociedad are stupid there's no reason to accept any less.

That's pretty much a reality everywhere tbh. Italy, France, Germany, east Europe ... And it isn't all blind hate, I can assure you. It could be argued that the further south / away from EU you go, the more likely you are to come across people with these sort of views. Like everywhere else in the world, it has a lot (well, everything really) to do with poverty, lack of education, geographical isolation, religious "traditions" and the like. Like, for example, I don't think the average Slovenian is any more racist or homophobic than your average Frenchman, German, etc. Maybe even less so, since living in a racially non-diverse environment means there are no social tensions between whites, blacks, asians, etc. (There's a fair amount of "hate" towards other ex-YU countries because of the recent wars and some rampant nationalism, which as a Serbian I'm sure you're very aware of, but that's a slightly different story.) You're brought up thinking that all people are created equal and you have generally no reason to believe otherwise. On the other hand, there's a lot of casual racism going on. For the very same reason. You can crack a nasty joke about, say, Arabs and get away with it, because there are no Arab people around and nobody knows any. I've done it and I don't consider myself a racist.
I agree with you for the most part. The Slovenians I've met when I visited the country seemed nice and the country in general is much more well off then say, Bosnia, Serbia, and especially Croatia. Big clubs like Red Star, Dinamo Zagreb, Partizan Belgrade, etc. have the absolute worst ultra groups.

rvy

Banned
I am sorry, but this cracked me up.

That wasn't even the hardest part, the hardest part was bringing the donkey back down from the apartment. They tried the stairs first. Donkey wasn't going for that. Tried the elevator again, he wasn't going for that either. I don't remember how they ended up bringing the donkey down.

Why would you even try to put a donkey into an apartment. That shit just blows my mind.

A story for the ages.

I know it's wrong to generalize but I'm lazy so fuck it. I agree with you. Gypsies have some sort of meet in my county every summer and they bring their horses, carts, dog-thieving, window-smashing etc to my town annually and I fucking hate it. It's like living in Wigan for a week.

I'm glad someone can relate, even if on a smaller scale.

Mastadon

Banned
Yeah. It's pretty terrible, I've found maybe a couple of gypsys in my life who are stand up individuals. One of them is a women who eats breakfast the same place as me, she's cool as shit.
She actually socializes with non-gypsys, which is probably why she's cool. Has a regular job too.

So then why would you "hate" the entirety of the travelling community if you acknowledge that you know people from that community that you like?

The way racism against gypsies is tolerated is shameful.

Elchele

are you going to have sex with her tho
isqXVhUdN3brW.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A bag of shit and a few useless cards that you'll probably trade for coins anyway.

Oh, wait, you said do to win, not win.

You win the game.

You score goals.

Like real football.

You play a game of fifa with that team.

Don't think of it as a card game. It's a game where you build your own club, just everything is earned in the form of a card: contracts, players, stadiums, kits, training boosts etc.

You open virtual packs for ingame gold generated from playing games/winning things. In the packs are a mixture of

Players
Contract items (Players can play for standard 7 games then need a contract added to play more)
Cosmetic items (Kits you can use, Badges, Balls, Stadiums)
Staff (Items which boost injury recover rate, add multipliers to contracts)
Buffs (Cards which will give players a 1 game boost, also cards which provide a permanent small boost)

Players come in 4 categories
Bronze (Usually players with an overall of 40-70/100)
Silver (70-80)
Gold (80-100)

You can also find shinys of these objects which indicates they are rare players, worth more gold to sell.

The basic concept is that you try to build a squad together and play in tournaments/leagues against other players.

One point to take note of is chemistry, if you can join players who are aligned in some way in real life together they all get a boost, a low chem team with alot of good players will often play worse than one with high chem and lower quality players.

Here is an example

jh9McOn.png

This is my premface team with 100 chemistry, its 100 because every player plays in the premiership and alot play for the same club.

A card is just a regular player in the game and you put together a team by selecting a formation and adding a player (card) from your "bunch". Once your team is done you can go look for a match with it. The difference is that you have yo grow your club over time. You start with some basic cards and by playing and winning you can get better cards.

What cards allow is for them to have several version of each player, so let's say Sanchez performed well during this week, a tournament or season. What EA does is release a better version of Sanchez in the form of a special card with better stats and puts them in random packs that you purchase with the coins you've been winning or premium currency bought with $$$. You can also buy players directly.

Edit: beaten like the team you hate.
THANKS RVY, HIXX, INKY AND COLA FOR THE DETAILED POST xoxo

that really does sound interesting and better than just playing career mode or whatever half-assed mode is there too

But at the same time it's sounds time consuming and..addictive 😨.

And fuck EA for that money bullshit :/

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I hated FUT till i put around 3 hours into it, its alot to take in but its also incredibly simple, its just a small learning curve. Now its my second favourite mode, it captures that small boyish glee of opening panini stickers as a youth.

Walking on egg shells here, but the seterotypical Roma lifetsyle has had some negative impact, big or small, on more people in the UK than that of any other race, I assume.

That annoyance becomes a willingness to abuse them, either in jest or in genuine hate. And yes, there is a difference imo

rvy

Banned
So then why would you "hate" the entirety of the travelling community if you acknowledge that you know people from that community that you like?

The way racism against gypsies is tolerated is shameful.

Because that person is unlike the rest of the community. That person has a job, that person tries to socialize with people who aren't from her community, that person probably pays taxes since she has a regular job.

The only shameful thing is how the authorities let gypsies get away with stealing, beating people up and using money that the rest of us pay in taxes to buy expensive cars, instead of trying to help the country that's helping them. Even in school programs. Government consistently tries to bring in gypsy kids, only to end up with a teacher leaving the school because he/she's afraid of getting beat up by the parents of the child if the child is failing her tests. There's been numerous cases of teachers beaten up by gypsies in the country.

And I have to like these people? Why? For tolerance? They don't tolerate me, why the fuck should I tolerate them after having been affected personally by the shit they do?

are you going to have sex with her tho
isqXVhUdN3brW.png

Those stories don't end up well for the guy. If you have sex with a gypsy and she tells anyone from her community, you have to marry her. If you don't, get ready to flee your town/city because in a matter of days there'll be 20/30 gypsies at your door ready to whoop your ass if you don't marry the girl.

So, I doubt that.

I really like Bamford. I know he probably won't make it at Chelsea but he'll have a great career for sure.

Jose is warming to him supposedly.

He would make a good back-up once he's had more match practise I think, especially if he went on loan to a premier league club which is thought to be possible.

Nicktendo86

Haha Shaw is such a goon isn't he, can barely string two sentences together.

Love LVG in every interview I see him in, telling the journalist to wait for the mic lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom