• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tragicomedy is new here right? Welcome!

Thanks!

I've been a football fan since I was a little boy (grew up in Argentina), but haven't really posted in this community. I think the World Cup threads pushed me over the edge.

I don't really have much in the form of a European club team, which seems to be the main focus of the discussion in here (rightfully so). It isn't always super easy to follow that stuff from here in the US. NBC broadcasts all the major EPL matchups, so I'll have a better chance to catch those games. I started following Tottenham some back in the Robbie Keane and Dimitar Berbatov era, so they are probably the closest I have to a team in England. I'm not totally enamored with them and wouldn't consider myself a vested "fan."

I'm totally open for suggestions on who to watch, but I tend not to like front runners. I'm a huge fan of solid goalkeeping and strong defensive play (I played CB in school and still play in 7 v 7 indoor leagues). A team in danger of relegation wouldn't do me any good, either, since it would basically guarantee that I could never watch them here in the States.

My main club is River Plate from the Argentine league. The one good thing the current president down there did is make all the games available for free to the public over the internet (http://www.futbolparatodos.com.ar/), so I can watch Los Millonarios all season long. I also keep tabs on all the Argentine players in Europe (di Maria, Messi, Higuain, Tevez, Zabaleta, Mascherano, etc.).

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
LVG set to play 352 v @LA Galaxy team may look like this DDG - Smalling Jones Evans - Valencia Fletch (c) Herrera Mata Shaw - Rooney
Welbeck

This confirms what the training video showed, all those players were playing on the same side

Blablurn

tumblr_n150nbhna11qd5yffo1_250.gif
tumblr_n150nbhna11qd5yffo2_250.gif

tumblr_n150nbhna11qd5yffo3_250.gif
tumblr_n150nbhna11qd5yffo4_250.gif

tumblr_n150nbhna11qd5yffo5_r1_250.gif
tumblr_n150nbhna11qd5yffo6_250.gif

Suen

Thanks!

I've been a football fan since I was a little boy (grew up in Argentina), but haven't really posted in this community. I think the World Cup threads pushed me over the edge.

I don't really have much in the form of a European club team, which seems to be the main focus of the discussion in here (rightfully so). It isn't always super easy to follow that stuff from here in the US. NBC broadcasts all the major EPL matchups, so I'll have a better chance to catch those games. I started following Tottenham some back in the Robbie Keane and Dimitar Berbatov era, so they are probably the closest I have to a team in England. I'm not totally enamored with them and wouldn't consider myself a vested "fan."

I'm totally open for suggestions on who to watch, but I tend not to like front runners. I'm a huge fan of solid goalkeeping and strong defensive play (I played CB in school and still play in 7 v 7 indoor leagues). A team in danger of relegation wouldn't do me any good, either, since it would basically guarantee that I could never watch them here in the States.

My main club is River Plate from the Argentine league. The one good thing the current president down there did is make all the games available for free to the public over the internet (http://www.futbolparatodos.com.ar/), so I can watch Los Millonarios all season long. I also keep tabs on all the Argentine players in Europe (di Maria, Messi, Higuain, Tevez, Zabaleta, Mascherano, etc.).
You grew up in Argentina m8. Forget EPL and La Liga, all legends from Argentina go to the superior league Serie A. Do not be afraid my dear sheep, tell me honestly which club you support. It's Napoli isn't it?

zzz013_3_Large.jpg

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Didnt keep much of an eye on Shaw last year, is he good going forward?

Suen

Yeah.
Fuck Sega for not bringing us Yakuza Ishin...or 5....or any future installment...
Was very disappointed the rest of the Yakuza games didn't come out. The ones for PSP looked nice as well. I bought every single Yakuza game that was released outside Japan including that shitty shooter game.

Loving these videos of Van Gaal treating the United squad like junior school children

His management techniques are straight out of an AS Level PE textbook. Going overboard with the positive feedback.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Loving these videos of Van Gaal treating the United squad like junior school children

His management techniques are straight out of an AS Level PE textbook. Going overboard with the positive feedback.
the creepy ones who show their balls to kids in anime

You grew up in Argentina m8. Forget EPL and La Liga, all legends from Argentina go to the superior league Serie A. Do not be afraid my dear sheep, tell me honestly which club you support. It's Napoli isn't it?

Maybe 20 years ago? :p

I don't really follow Italian football any more. My coworker grew up in Italy and is firmly in the Juventus bandwagon. I keep track of douchebag Tevez, but it's very difficult to follow Serie A in the US. The only exposure to them is in Champion's League play, but it's been a few years since they've made a huge splash in the tournament.

what keep me awa from ultimate team is that contract bullshit. i dont wanna deal with that on top of the other stuff

That is what turned me off to FUT, as well. It's a pure money grab and doesn't add anything to the game.

I love the mode where you create and level them up for online/offline play. I can't remember the name right now, but I played it a fair amount in last year's release. I played almost exclusively in goal, which I found oddly fun.

Is there a sizable PC FIFA community? I'd be interested in picking up FIFA 15 and joining in an cooperative team play mode as a defender or goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom